5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea my last truck
One and only time we had a live tree that we cut down. Them damn needles......
had a bed rug on previous truck and my wife wanted to go get flowers and such for fall and while we were there she decided she wanted bundles of hay, needless to say it took me a while to vacuum all that crap out.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I didn’t go bed rug route because I often load mulch, trees and lumber into the bed and in the past had issues with all those things getting stuck in the fibers of those styles of bed covering.
Is it heavy enough to stay in the bed without a cover? Maybe use some of the bedrug Velcro to hold it secure if not heavy enough?

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it heavy enough to stay in the bed without a cover? Maybe use some of the bedrug Velcro to hold it secure if not heavy enough?
I would say yes BUT would i bet my check on it, NO :ROFLMAO: it fits really snug so i think thats what keeps it down and secure (product itself if fairly light) but im not sure what kind of wind the bed sees without the cover. the velcro idea is a great fix for that though.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, technically the pump assembly is mounted on the top side of the tank and draws from the bottom. So it could be that there was water in the gas and when it reached the lower level of fuel there was too much water remaining.

I am old, and I remember water in gas causing major damage to cars before the modern fuel tank and fuel pump designs. But water is still not good to have in your gas tank.
Well, it drops in from the top, but the pump is submerged at the bottom of the tank on the fuel pump assembly. Which includes the filter, the pressure regulator, and level sensor.

billfraley

Reaction score
Well, it drops in from the top, but the pump is submerged at the bottom of the tank on the fuel pump assembly. Which includes the filter, the pressure regulator, and level sensor.
Exactly. But water may explain why it happened as the level went down. When the level dropped closer to the pump the water to gas ratio may have been enough to cause the issue.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exactly. But water may explain why it happened as the level went down. When the level dropped closer to the pump the water to gas ratio may have been enough to cause the issue.
giphy.gif

this is me right now waiting to see @HSKR R/T response :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Fuel floats on water. They don't mix. If there was water in the tanks it would have been at the bottom and the first thing sucked up.

billfraley

Reaction score
Fuel floats on water. They don't mix. If there was water in the tanks it would have been at the bottom and the first thing sucked up.
Maybe, but I think there could be residual water in the tank even knowing that this is true. The other possibility is that the pressure sensor was acting up. I also wonder if bad gas has a higher density than good gas. Not sure how that would be understood.
It has to have some sort of explanation. At the least there had to be something to cause a bad sensor reading or maybe fuel pressure dropped.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe, but I think there could be residual water in the tank even knowing that this is true. The other possibility is that the pressure sensor was acting up. I also wonder if bad gas has a higher density than good gas. Not sure how that would be understood.
It has to have some sort of explanation. At the least there had to be something to cause a bad sensor reading or maybe fuel pressure dropped.
There could have been something else in the fuel, or additives that separated. This brand just recently got their Top Tier rating, so maybe they havent quite figured out their additive package yet. Either way, I'm never going to use that brand again. Should have never even given them a chance. But I will own that decision.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I almost went with the bedrug, but I'm happy with the $90 option for now. Plus it has that carbon fiber look!
Yea my last truck

had a bed rug on previous truck and my wife wanted to go get flowers and such for fall and while we were there she decided she wanted bundles of hay, needless to say it took me a while to vacuum all that crap out.

2 of the reasons making me consider this.

I loved the 3D Maxpider floor mats and if I didn't grab OEM for $50 new, I was going that route again.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t go bed rug route because I often load mulch, trees and lumber into the bed and in the past had issues with all those things getting stuck in the fibers of those styles of bed covering.
When I look into the box of my truck and see what my Line-X coating looks like just from dust gravel roads and periodic water from rain or the car wash that gets in even with a cover, I’d cry if I had a bed rug.
For me, it’s way easier to clean out periodically with a broom and my pressure washer. If I have to haul something precious, I just throw in a moving blanket.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I look into the box of my truck and see what my Line-X coating looks like just from dust gravel roads and periodic water from rain or the car wash that gets in even with a cover, I’d cry if I had a bed rug.
For me, it’s way easier to clean out periodically with a broom and my pressure washer. If I have to haul something precious, I just throw in a moving blanket.
You can clean the Bedrug with a pressure washer as well

Users who are viewing this thread