5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did see cheaper options on amazon but with mix reviews as far as working constantly, it seem like it was a hit or a miss,
had a couple hundred on my pocket I made from last weekend's soccer finals so easy come easy go
I've had my MX+ since 2020. I love it. Use it on all my vehicles. I use it sometimes on my Mazda for digital gauge via my phone since I have no way of seeing the vehicle temps otherwise.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've always been curious. What's the extra benefit of the Obdlink MX+ ? What are you getting for $140?

I spent $32 on Amazon for both the bypass cable and a bluetooth OBD2 reader. It works perfectly with AlfaOBD and Torque.
The MX+ reader works on a multitude of different scanning formats and depending on which, can work with either iOS and Android.
Alpha OBD…only Android.

Merlin

Reaction score
Just replaced my cabin air filter, 36750 miles on my 2019. I do it once a year. Pine needles from the neighbors tree and all kinds of crap. I put about 10000 miles on it in the last year. I also took the K&N air filter out and cleaned and re-oiled it. Have about 25000 miles on it. Figured it was time for a refresh. After it sits in the air box for a little longer Im going to go check to make sure no extra oil dripped out, even though it wasn't dripping after 40 minutes of sitting before installing, I want to be doubly sure. While it was air drying I threw the original Mopar filter in because the wife wanted to go to the store. I was surprised at how the truck ran, it felt better than the KN, probably just in my head but she said wow the truck just took off. I said yeah, I know. I guess the filter was really dirty, lots of crap fell out when I smacked it on the cardboard before washing it. I have been getting 9 miles to the gallon for the last few weeks so hopefully it jumps back up.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
Can I count multiple items if my today stretched into weeks? :D Been sitting in my garage since I purchased it trying to get things installed.

1) Fitcam X front and rear
2) Full tint (front, sides, rear, roof)
3) 2/3 lowering kit (will be moving to ridetech, but I had the parts laying around already so why not)
4) x4s tonneau cover
5) Full sound treatment (CLD/MLV/CCF/BHT/etc.)
6) HK swap to Gladen/Audison/Helix (8's in doors)
7) DD SS3 SAE max
8) Form lighting headlights
9) under hood light strip and interior LED kit upgrade
10) Raxiom LED turn signals
11) tinted tails and 3rd brake light
12) Yellow brake caliper covers
13) Black lug nuts
14) TRX start button for the extra 5hp
15) misc crap: matte screen protector, phone mount, SKT console organizer, etc.

Last edited:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can I count multiple items if my today stretched into weeks? :D Been sitting in my garage since I purchased it trying to get things installed.

3) 2/3 lowering kit (will be moving to ridetech, but I had the parts laying around already so why not)
4) x4s tonneau cover
7) DD SS3 SAE max
13) Black lug nuts
14) misc crap: matte screen protector, phone mount, SKT console organizer, etc.
Pictures or none of this ever happened…….

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

4) x4s tonneau cover
7) DD SS3 SAE max
13) Black lug nuts
14) misc crap: matte screen protector, phone mount, SKT console organizer, etc.
I would like to see the under hood light strip installed

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Decided to rotate my tires myself.
No impact wrench, just brute strength, the way it was meant to be.

Of note, I dropped my spare and checked the pressure. It was sitting at 19psi. Inflated it to 45 (sidewall said max was 51psi) so hopefully if I end up needing it it won't be flat.

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As I count down to the last 2 weeks before my 2 months 12000 miles long trip, it's time to do some pre-trip maintenance:
first up, oil change. I'm not even at my 5k mile yet but i'm at around 3500 miles, so might as well so I won't go over the schedule. I'll do a drain and fill half way through the trip to keep it at 5k interval.
Then, I did 6 tire rotation. The dirty one on the ground was actually my spare under the truck for the past year. I installed TPMS sensors in both of them and put them in the front, and the front go to the rear, and one of the rear go under the truck.
truck picked up new sensors immediately after starting, no need to program or anything. Computer was reading the spare as driver side rear (which was where it was before) but a lap around the block took care of the reading.

I did 6 tire rotation to increase usage life on these AT3ws since AT3ws are now AT4ws.
udVxFs5fSbGthFZIm3VtAA.jpg LIYCfGYiR6eFkHRK2fIjrQ.jpg 64RtuXJUTS6AXqiZt0n7Bw.jpg

Also finished the red truck (still mine for the time being since it's not done yet)
Guy got White Knuckle Sliders as well.
38BfEIRsQaOYYd2V-3Jyag.jpg lWXf3gXeQc6gNdr5y6YH9A.jpg vba63CIGRcO1zjO6E2pxAw.jpg u4e3WXOwTu2NWDz3a7WUqA.jpg 5N36aZunTUKCCW6UYJ7N4Q.jpg

Also installed the BougeRV Yuma 200W solar panels and wired them up to charge the house battery.
That took the entire afternoon because I was making 10AWG harnesses...

Attachments

• tvftDTGzQFm6z91of1YB3A.jpg
    tvftDTGzQFm6z91of1YB3A.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 8

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
Where did you get those lights from?

Silverholder. Weekend garage offers a complete kit that also includes strips for the center console. His kit also allows you to operate footwell lights independently from door lights. I have ambient lighting so I wasn't as concerned about that and this kit has a lot less rats nest of wiring.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Silverholder. Weekend garage offers a complete kit that also includes strips for the center console. His kit also allows you to operate footwell lights independently from door lights. I have ambient lighting so I wasn't as concerned about that and this kit has a lot less rats nest of wiring.
link to the product?

billfraley

Reaction score
I'm not seeing a red start button here... :unsure: 🤪
Not something I give two $%^@ about. :p

It was cheaper and better to swap the TRX interior than to reupholster my existing seats. My passenger seat was originally manual. Already sold the original seats and console so the whole thing cost me less than $800. I am picking up two front TRX door panels later this week. Still working on the rear door panel options.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not something I give two $%^@ about. :p

It was cheaper and better to swap the TRX interior than to reupholster my existing seats. My passenger seat was originally manual. Already sold the original seats and console so the whole thing cost me less than $800. I am picking up two front TRX door panels later this week. Still working on the rear door panel options.
$50 button and easy install! Would be another piece of the puzzle to help complete the switch you made. 😎

billfraley

Reaction score
[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]]]" data-quote="[emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]BADRAMLIMITED" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
$[emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]] button and easy install! Would be another piece of the puzzle to help complete the switch you made.

Guess I never thought about it. May have to look into it now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread