5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

cerbo

Reaction score
Changed the spark plugs 96k on the dash.
View attachment 182465
View attachment 182466
Overall an easy job but the 4th from the firewall sits right under the booster so I used a spark plug 5/8 and 2 extensions to fish the plug out.
View attachment 182467
View attachment 182469
View attachment 182470
GEARWRENCH 3/8" Drive 6 Pt. 5/8"... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014ZVSVK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This swivel socket was a life saver.

After the swap out the truck feels more responsive, hoping to pick up some mpg 🤞.
They don t look too bad at all for 100K but it was time .

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
91 Grade here is BC is 1.98 so per gallon (3.79ltr = 1 USg) that works out to $7.50 per gallon USD!
I’d walk before paying that!

A buddy of mine was just across the border in BC and was paying $1.98 CAD/L. Using this calculator, it converts to $5.39 USD/G. Basically, California prices.

Screenshot_20240504_122608_Chrome.jpg

Jopipe17

Reaction score
They added the note on their website about the lack of a service brake setting after I asked about it. They apologized to me and offered a return or a discount. I took the discount and will have to reinstall the factory radio to service the rear brakes in the future.
Cool yeah that's the only thing that's kind of holding me back from purchasing the linkswell xl for my ram. Which I could do my back brakes then install the linkswell since it would be 3 or 4 yrs before I'd have to service them again. It's jus the rear brakes correct? You don't have to disable the electronic brake if you service your front brakes do you? Linkswell did send me an email back after I had asked them what that message meant and they did tell me there engineer's are working to try and get that brake service feature on the next generation modles that come out. I really like the big screen and I really like that it has rca sub outputs on it like a after market radio usually has plus better EQ settings and sub level outputs on it instead of having to use a line out converter to install after market sub and amps

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welp, got the full experience of the advanced forward braking system yesterday. I have mine set at the furthest distance so i've gotten the 3 beeps a couple times but never gotten to the point where the truck takes over. I'm a also not a tail-gaiter so likely why it doesn't trigger too much on the far setting.

Basically dry weather, daylight, driving on a 45mph town road. And we were doin about that. 2 cars ahead of me, and it looked like the one in front of me was right up to the one in front of them. Pretty sure what happened is the person 2 cars up, brake-checked the person in front of me, but i had looked into my pass side view mirror and out the window for a sec at that moment so I'm not sure. Anyway, i heard the beeps and took my foot off the gas to go to the brake as i turned to see what was happening and before i could get to the brake pedal, the truck was like "nope... we're doin this NOW." and locked 'em tf up... and i say it that way because it wasn't like jamming on the brakes and getting the abs... it like nosedived and screeched more than i would have expected. Seemed to let up when i did get on the brake pedal, but i was not expecting that. I was able to stop with what i would call a pretty ok amount of space between me and the car in front of me.

So if you want my yelp review... 5-stars... it works... I took her for a wash and a full tank o gas right after the adrenaline wore off, for saving my bacon. 🥰

greygoat19

Reaction score
Today, after too much time spent on this forum, I finally made a decision on tires. Went with the Nitto Ridge grappler in a 285/65/R20. Couldn't be happier with the look!

Attachments

• Snapchat-764508946.jpg
    Snapchat-764508946.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 74
  • 20240504_174248.jpg
    20240504_174248.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20240504_174315.jpg
    20240504_174315.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 20240504_174336.jpg
    20240504_174336.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 75

mplaramie

Reaction score
Today, after too much time spent on this forum, I finally made a decision on tires. Went with the Nitto Ridge grappler in a 285/65/R20. Couldn't be happier with the look!
Looks nice! Any rub from the new tires?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice choice! Those look killer. Y'all are making me want wheels, again 😅

I know it's overkill, but I always use 91 😅
10cents difference ain't much anyways lol
now i'm thinking maybe i start putting in 91 for no reason :LOL:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welp, got the full experience of the advanced forward braking system yesterday. I have mine set at the furthest distance so i've gotten the 3 beeps a couple times but never gotten to the point where the truck takes over. I'm a also not a tail-gaiter so likely why it doesn't trigger too much on the far setting.

Basically dry weather, daylight, driving on a 45mph town road. And we were doin about that. 2 cars ahead of me, and it looked like the one in front of me was right up to the one in front of them. Pretty sure what happened is the person 2 cars up, brake-checked the person in front of me, but i had looked into my pass side view mirror and out the window for a sec at that moment so I'm not sure. Anyway, i heard the beeps and took my foot off the gas to go to the brake as i turned to see what was happening and before i could get to the brake pedal, the truck was like "nope... we're doin this NOW." and locked 'em tf up... and i say it that way because it wasn't like jamming on the brakes and getting the abs... it like nosedived and screeched more than i would have expected. Seemed to let up when i did get on the brake pedal, but i was not expecting that. I was able to stop with what i would call a pretty ok amount of space between me and the car in front of me.

So if you want my yelp review... 5-stars... it works... I took her for a wash and a full tank o gas right after the adrenaline wore off, for saving my bacon. 🥰
glad it works.
i turned mine off because i got these random "warnings" when there's absolutely nothing in front of me for miles.

not sure if the truck's seeing things from other dimensions or what.

Dewey

Reaction score

That’s great till the guy tailgating you gets brake checked by a computer and then you get rear ended😲

Glad you were able to avoid the frontal collision.👍🏻

Adjutant

Reaction score

Ive had the reverse braking kick in a couple of times when it shouldnt. Its usually when Im backing out of my driveway, because the law across the street slopes up dramatically. It wouldnt have cause any damage if I backed into the lawn, but it scared the hell out of me.

Ive also had it happen once when backing out of a parking space. I was nowhere near the car behind me and it slammed them on.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s great till the guy tailgating you gets brake checked by a computer and then you get rear ended😲

Glad you were able to avoid the frontal collision.👍🏻
good point!... this time tho no one was behind me.... luckily. 😅

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ive had the reverse braking kick in a couple of times when it shouldnt. Its usually when Im backing out of my driveway, because the law across the street slopes up dramatically. It wouldnt have cause any damage if I backed into the lawn, but it scared the hell out of me.

Ive also had it happen once when backing out of a parking space. I was nowhere near the car behind me and it slammed them on.
definitely had that happen way more than once... to prevent me from hittin a tall blade of grass. hahah

Dewey

Reaction score

Worst is when I forget to turn it off and try to back up my boat. Scared the crap out of me the first time. Thought I hit something.😲

Users who are viewing this thread