5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thoughts on the RT's? Recommend? How are they in wet/snow? Noise level?
They are great tires, about as noisy as my Toyo AT3’s I had prior. No snow where I’m at, but they handle fine in the rain. Nice tread pattern, aggressive looking sidewall. If you can get them at a good price I would definitely recommend them. I got lucky and special ordered them through my Navy Exchange tire center and saved about $400.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are great tires, about as noisy as my Toyo AT3’s I had prior. No snow where I’m at, but they handle fine in the rain. Nice tread pattern, aggressive looking sidewall. If you can get them at a good price I would definitely recommend them. I got lucky and special ordered them through my Navy Exchange tire center and saved about $400.
Thanks for the feedback. They're one of the tires I'm contemplating, besides the AT4W which if they're anything like the AT3W they're great, but pricier.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone consider Falken Wildpeak AT4W 285/65R20, Amazon has them for $345 each right now. 34.8X11.5

Last edited:

mplaramie

Reaction score
Anyone consider Falken Wildpeak AT4W 285/65R20, Amazon has them for $345 each right now. 34.6X11.2
I'm looking at those or another set of Toyo AT3'S. Also can't decide if I'm going to use my 22" 4play wheels, stock or buy new 20's. To many decisions..... 😂😂😂

Attachments

• 20230426_113032.jpg
    20230426_113032.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 42

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking at those or another set of Toyo AT3'S. Also can't decide if I'm going to use my 22" 4play wheels, stock or buy new 20's. To many decisions..... 😂😂😂
I'm going 20's and selling OEM 22's to help buy the wheels. I just ordered the tires for that price. Most places have them around $450 each.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dam 1k per wheel are they 3 piece or carbon? Thats insane

Velgen split spoke wheels. The Gunmetal looks pretty good, but I’d prefer the Satin Black. I like the look of the VFT6 better, but they are more expensive. The VFF-6 does not come in a 22” wheel, just 24”. I don’t want to go that large. Regardles, neither will happen at those prices.

IMG_0140.jpeg IMG_0138.jpeg IMG_0139.jpeg

Last edited:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nice!
just learned today cost for tires went up 20% (from our distributors). hope you didn't get affected!
I went with a more budget friendly tire. This is my 1st truck and tried to do as much homework as I could to find a good tire and wheel that wouldn’t break the bank.

Last edited:

Utahtrapper

Reaction score
Found it! It was on the first one, but you had to select Max utility. Definitely not intuitive, or maybe Im just a dummy
Anyway, thanks! Im ordering right now. I travel alot, and this is a great way to use this space.

Its currently a black hole for used napkins, or charging cables
Has yours shipped Yet???

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
picked up my truck from dealer for service.

• Trans. Cooler lines
• Passenger & Driver side manifolds (4 bolts extracted)
• Driver side cv axle
• Intermediate shaft

Thank God for my extended warranty the invoice was unbelievable!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
picked up my truck from dealer for service.

• Trans. Cooler lines
• Passenger & Driver side manifolds (4 bolts extracted)
• Driver side cv axle
• Intermediate shaft

Thank God for my extended warranty the invoice was unbelievable!
How much? Curious what dealers are charging these days. I haven't paid for out of warranty work in about 25 years. Good to hear you were able to use your extended warranty. Many don't and never get any benefit from all that extra cost. I never bought one.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How much? Curious what dealers are charging these days. I haven't paid for out of warranty work in about 25 years. Good to hear you were able to use your extended warranty. Many don't and never get any benefit from all that extra cost. I never bought one.
Just over $3000 only thing that wasn’t covered was the extraction of the bolts from the block. But the manifolds, gaskets and new hardware were all taken care of through ext. warranty

Last edited:

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just over $2000 only thing that wasn’t covered was the extraction of the bolts from the block. But the manifolds, gaskets and new hardware were all taken care of through ext. warranty
Yikes…good to hear the extended is covering the parts, etc. I am in my extended already, sitting at 38k and counting and already on my second replaced passenger manifold and my first replaced driver side in 3 years of ownership…which today marks 3 years since I purchased it…4/18/2021. Am pretty sure I’ll be replacing a manifold again, only time will tell. Glad you got your truck back in top shape and minimum damage to the wallet. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread