5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Truck got some upgrades, am finally getting a chance to post. Been collecting parts over the last few months, had them installed last week Friday.
Fox 2.5 coilovers, 2.0 rears and new wheels, TIS 547B 22x10 -19 offset, mounted on my current Falken RT01’s.
Was happy with my Bilstein 6112/5100 setup, but after test driving a used 22’ Laramie a few months back that had Fox 2.0’s and stock 22’s with Toyo AT3 33x12.5 tires, I was slightly irritated by how different the ride was, AND with less tire than me.

Am running it with my Icon 1.5 rear springs and ReadyLift UCA’s. I had a coupon for $100 off a pair of 2.0’s, and is a major reason why I went with them instead of 2.5’s all around. Had the Fox stuff purchased from and installed by my local 4 Wheel Parts shop, along with a 5 yr. 60k warranty. Also had them install some Eibach spring sleeves to quiet the clanking from the Icon springs. In the end, a well done install.

Wheels are from Audio City. Great price and even greater shipping rate out to me. Helps it coming from one coastal port, also. Was considering the black/milled design but went gloss black instead. I used to hate all black wheels, but after my first set, I was hooked. Really am happy how they look.

On tape, I retained my rear height and lost about an inch up front with the swap. Had a 1/2 inch of rake, now am about 1.5 inches of rake, but I just can't see it. Truck still looks like almost level.
I know I am different up front for sure because they had to remove the front mud flaps. I still rub the inner corner of the trim piece, and will need to cut that portion also.
Not sure how much of that is from the wheel offset or the height change. Considering adding a bit more preload, but trying not to degrade the upgraded ride. I take it back to them in 10 days for a checkup, will make my decision by then.

With the new offset, it made sense to remove my spacers. The -19 gave it a bit more poke, and I want to still be able to pass the yearly state inspections as is. Unfortunately, no mud flap means more carnage down the rocker panel...oh well. Truck also needs a wash...badly.

I have it set at factory ride for the DSC adjustment. My daily drive is much different, in a good way. Will play with it over the next few days, but so far, so good. Lots of good information on dialing them in on this forum...thank you, guys!

A pretty different ride compared to prior. Truck feels more planted, but there is just a tad bit more body roll than with the previous setup. My on ramp is a loop and the difference was felt immediately. But the regular potholes and road whoops that I experience daily were soaked up more than the Bilsteins. I loved the firmness of that ride, but sometimes a little too firm. With the road condition on my daily drive, I prefer a little more comfort over firmness at this point. Havent taken them off road yet, hope to in a couple of weeks when I go on leave. Norhing crazy, mostly beach/sand, dirt and reef edges. Most trails here fit Tacos, not full size trucks.
May end up upgrading to 2.5's in the rear if and when I go full kit. For now, am liking the change to Fox shocks.
View attachment 181264 View attachment 181265 View attachment 181266 View attachment 181268 View attachment 181270 View attachment 181271 View attachment 181272 View attachment 181273

check out "My Settings" to get an idea of what to expect when you start turning the knobs.

also get yourself one of these. your hands will thank you.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking nice brother! Don’t you love it when a plan comes together? 🤣
Appreciate that. Am happy with where I am at now, but this is my third suspension upgrade, and truck turns 3 on Thursday. If that was the plan, it sure took a while (and some $$$) to come together.
The only next step is a full kit, but I’m running out of collectibles to sell to finance major truck mods. If bonus season is good, then that may as well happen sooner or later. I just don’t know how to leave well enough alone…damn…

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score

check out "My Settings" to get an idea of what to expect when you start turning the knobs.

also get yourself one of these. your hands will thank you.
Yessir, your post is bookmarked, brother👍

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right on brother. Looking forward to it. Cheers and congrats. I’m sure the decision wasn’t easy. 🤣
Deciding factor was my kids and co-workers 😂 I went around the office and at home, started a poll. The ones I ended up choosing won by a land slide so I’m happy with them and think they will compliment the GCM well.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Coincidentally, I also cleaned the inside of the truck on Sunday. Found a jar of pizza sauce under the passenger seat... I can't recall when I bought that, so it is amazing to me that it wasn't broken :oops:
Here’s one for ya.
Wifes PT Cruiser a few years ago. Heat of summer, Wife complained about her car really starting to smell. I asked her what happened? She said the only thing she could think of was she found a container of Feta Cheeze had fallen over and opened when she got home from getting groceries. She said “the Feta Cheeze was still in the container though”
I said “WHAT?”
I said “you realize Feta Cheeze is packaged in liquid”
She said….“Oh”
This set off a series of several carpet cleans, airing outs, deodorizing. Nothing worked. It still smelled like a track stars running shoes after 25 marathons.
It was bad, I wouldn’t drive it. I don’t know how she could. I’d almost heave whenever I stuck my head inside.
I finally pulled the seats.…and found an empty flat wrapper off a block of butter under the seat! Unbelievable!!! Feta Cheeze Juice and Butter?
It was a “Double Dairy Whammie”!
I pulled the carpets, cleaned both sides, cleaned the insulation. Put it back together….it still stunk to high heaven.
I finally got an ozone machine and put it in the PT for 1-1/2 days.
It smelled pretty good and I immediately drove it to a car dealership and traded it in!
Later at one of my trips to the dealer for service, I overheard someone talking about a PT Cruiser that they got in one time that they thought someone died in.
I snickered under my breath.😎

Last edited:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got about 8 wheels saved on Ebay right now :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Gear Offroad, Lock Offroad, Raceline, TIS, 4Play and Vortek...... so far.

Last edited:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Truck got some upgrades, am finally getting a chance to post. Been collecting parts over the last few months, had them installed last week Friday.
Fox 2.5 coilovers, 2.0 rears and new wheels, TIS 547B 22x10 -19 offset, mounted on my current Falken RT01’s.
Thoughts on the RT's? Recommend? How are they in wet/snow? Noise level?

raygun9

Reaction score
fbf1d434e59b852beacaa207dfa6ed51.jpg

New tails to replace the halogen and added a matte black vinyl strip to the tailgate
what brand... look great!

blckout

Reaction score
what brand... look great!

Thanks!

Took a chance from ebay, CarPartsInnovation.

I actually called customer service to ask a question and a human (gasp!) picked up, so okay company in my book.

Here’s the link I used:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online