5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Steele713

Reaction score
I just got a uconnect update for my 2019 ram. When it finally finished it did not show me any details of what the update consisted of, even though I click on details. Anyone else get an update come across their 12" screen? What did it update, upgrade or change?

Davidbt

Reaction score
Yeah, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...until you actually live there for a while. After 10 years in AZ, I couldn't stand that place from April 1st to October 31st. Every freaking day is sunny and that annoys me to no end. We had a house in AZ and ID for 6 years. I did enjoy AZ in January/February, but other than that, I would much rather be in the woods of North Idaho.
Looks like you lived in the wrong part of Arizona 😁

jokingjimmy

Reaction score
This is the first time I’ve used them for anything beyond tying down big cargo. I originally just installed the tie down points along the inner bedside then I realized I had a set of these hex rails laying around from my last truck that could attach to the tie downs so I cut them to length and installed them.

If you have ideas on how you are going to use the rails, I say go for it, if you just need some additional tie down points start with just those brackets. On their own they are pretty dang handy.

I’ve had these installed for about 2 years and this is literally the first time I’m actually using the rail for something other than a strap so…
Just installed 8 DeeZee tie downs. They're on sale at AmericanTrucks.com. Only issue i had was failures of the river nuts that came with the kit. Had 5 crimp up and not seat (fell out). Bought a crimp nut tool set from Amazon and using those M6 rivnuts rest of the installation went smooth.

I was curious though, how usedul are the hex rails, for occasional cargo stuff (once a month at most) is it worth getting those as well? Just curious your opinion.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Saturday set out to Death Valley for that once in 10,000 years opportunity to see Bad Water Basin flooded and turned into a lake. (Last time Bad Water Basin, the lowest point in North America at -284ft elevation, was a lake was 10,000 years ago. It's since dried up and turned into a salt flat)
1707174252505.png
One Ram, 2 White JL Rubi, and 1 Mitsubishi Montero (that Montero is crazy capable... tackled everything that's thrown at it: Black Bear Pass, Imogene, Engineer Pass, Alpine Loop, Diablo Dropoff, etc. Next up for the Monty is probably Alaska)
1707174389765.png
1707174414989.png
The little dots are the tourists at the official Bad Water Basin Parking Lot.
1707174525047.png
1707174658754.png
Next day on the way out got stuck at some traffic control zone. Perfect time for a picture I guess. And the only shot of the truck after replacing my Squadrons with the XL Racers.

Not a whole lot of pictures of the truck this time because my left ankle's old injury returned. I could barely walk or stand since Friday, but for this once in a life time experience I said screw my ankle and went for it lol
And today (Monday) it got worse so I had to call off work.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^ Dang it, I’m going to try and catch the next one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
don't know when the next one's happening but it's still there now.

go this coming weekend! whatever is happening for you this weekend is not as important as something that happens once in 10,000 years!

Davidbt

Reaction score
There's really not a right part of AZ for me. Flagstaff is the best as far as climate goes, but no lakes.
I'll take South East Arizona over Flagstaff and it's snow storms. Phoenix and Tucson are what most people think about when I say we live in Arizona. We're very happy with our choice of retirement home.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spent the weekend in South Bend for a hockey tourn. My big *** didn’t fit in the normal garage so parked in the remote lot. I thought the wall art was cool.

8c1e7c95f946915cc8824f705103c95e.jpg
What wheels are you running now? I’m really liking that style. Similar to the Laramie 22’s but in 20’s.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What's the difference between 4.0 and 5.0 that you didn't grab the 5.0?
I have an iPhone but my wife has all her music on an Android phone. The 5.0 works better with iOS as our units are Apple CarPlay but 4.0 is better with Android. As the latency is basically negligible for iOS from 4.0 to 5.0 I didn’t feel the need to go to the 5.0 Air. Besides, the 4.0 was on sale so a better deal.

Users who are viewing this thread