5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ready Go

Reaction score
Check your lower grill before you get the light bar. You may need to replace the lower grill. My lower grill is solid so I had to get the one that is NOT solid but still has the sensors.
You are correct! I checked it last night..and solid, so new lower grill will be needed. Still have the PN you ordered?

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well... apparently I didn't solve my passenger floor water leak. It's back. I'm gonna tear into it again and solve it one way or another. Or I'll push it off a bridge.
1706620788452.png

On an unrelated Stellantis note, we traded in the ol lady's Cherokee yesterday on a 3 row Cherokee L. So far I really like it. I wanted white of course, but that was unavailable without ordering, so Baltic Gray it is.
1706620916427.png
1706620939988.png

While we were doing paperwork on the Jeep, I gave my buddy at the dealership a list of must haves for a new truck. He's gonna do some hunting to see what he can find me.

Fbird

Reaction score
Had a wasted day! Took the RAM to my dealer per appt set up last week to have the "cold start LOUD exhaust" evaluated. Was called back 2 hrs later "Sir this is NOT under warranty as it is a Canadian built truck" ....WTH, you just figured that out? You have the vin number for a damn week? So I call RAM USA @ 1-800-992-1997. Guys were great, took info and started a case #. They said they would reach out to dealer and reply to me within the next couple of days. I was even nice to the dealer staff when I went back to pick it up by simply stating ADMIN will figure out what the deal is on this, Thanks see you soon. I thought is was really odd that my warranty book info was 3 yrs/100k KM.........kilometers?/?? thats different. So fingers crossed.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Discovered a small bubble/ glue failing on my dash a little while back, about the size of a dollar bill folded in half.
Bought some leather adhesive a couple months ago to redo my gauge pod cover that has the same issue
Glue https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09FF4PD4Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Heated the glue with a heat gun so it'd flow from the syringe for about 3 min

20240130_111656.jpg 20240130_110848.jpg

I unscrewed the needle from the syringe so I could pull in some glue. Tried without the needle off and no go.
Needles https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B63Q7TR2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
20240130_111019.jpg

Injected all the adhesive into the leather bubble
20240130_111054.jpg

20240130_111201.jpg

Then rolled it smooth with a MF towel under the roller. The roller is urethane and has hard edges, it will mark the leather if you don't use a towel
20240130_111225.jpg

After rolling

20240130_111341.jpg

Cleaned up the spot with some IPA (4:1) I have then applied some leather conditioner

20240130_111613.jpg

Its sitting in the sun and its 60° out today so that should help cure the glue in a few hours with the windows up.

This has worked well in the past when I did my gauge pod cover but I used dap weldwood there, decided to try the Duall 88 after researching some leather dash restoration websites

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had a wasted day! Took the RAM to my dealer per appt set up last week to have the "cold start LOUD exhaust" evaluated. Was called back 2 hrs later "Sir this is NOT under warranty as it is a Canadian built truck" ....WTH, you just figured that out? You have the vin number for a damn week? So I call RAM USA @ 1-800-992-1997. Guys were great, took info and started a case #. They said they would reach out to dealer and reply to me within the next couple of days. I was even nice to the dealer staff when I went back to pick it up by simply stating ADMIN will figure out what the deal is on this, Thanks see you soon. I thought is was really odd that my warranty book info was 3 yrs/100k KM.........kilometers?/?? thats different. So fingers crossed.
Unfortunately, the warranty for Canada doesn't transfer to the US.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Discovered a small bubble/ glue failing on my dash a little while back, about the size of a dollar bill folded in half.
Bought some leather adhesive a couple months ago to redo my gauge pod cover that has the same issue
Glue https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09FF4PD4Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Heated the glue with a heat gun so it'd flow from the syringe for about 3 min

View attachment 175760 View attachment 175761

I unscrewed the needle from the syringe so I could pull in some glue. Tried without the needle off and no go.
Needles https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B63Q7TR2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View attachment 175762

Injected all the adhesive into the leather bubble
View attachment 175764

View attachment 175765

Then rolled it smooth with a MF towel under the roller. The roller is urethane and has hard edges, it will mark the leather if you don't use a towel
View attachment 175766

After rolling

View attachment 175768

Cleaned up the spot with some IPA (4:1) I have then applied some leather conditioner

View attachment 175767

Its sitting in the sun and its 60° out today so that should help cure the glue in a few hours with the windows up.

This has worked well in the past when I did my gauge pod cover but I used dap weldwood there, decided to try the Duaal 88 after researching some leather dash restoration websites
i read motherf*cking towels... took me a while to realize it's microfiber towels lol
1706643934118.png
the dash looks good as new now!

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick question:

I'm getting ready to install a powered sub. All install vids and advice I'm getting says to connect to the ANC that is under the drivers seat. Problem is I don't see anything under my driver's seat except cheerios and cheese crackers.

Do all 1500s have an ANC? Where else would it be if not under the driver's seat?😩

I'm trying to avoid going into the dash so I need to find somewhere to get speaker signal.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Quick question:

I'm getting ready to install a powered sub. All install vids and advice I'm getting says to connect to the ANC that is under the drivers seat. Problem is I don't see anything under my driver's seat except cheerios and cheese crackers.

Do all 1500s have an ANC? Where else would it be if not under the driver's seat?😩

I'm trying to avoid going into the dash so I need to find somewhere to get speaker signal.
Does your build sheet list “Active Noise Control System”?

Users who are viewing this thread