5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't want to hijack the Ram Forum, but Flying Miata used to have a full conversion kit to stuff a 6.0L LS 525hp V8 and a LS/Tremec 6 spd into the ND Miata...NOT SLOW😋 (I wanted that badly!)
Maybe a HEMI!!??

There's a guy local to me named minivette

Car made 800whp last time I saw it. Miatas kill it on the road course, especially a low speed road course or course with <300' straights

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
"Get out of my head"🤯😂
Alright, I'll make another call tomorrow👍💰

Here's how it makes perfect sense:
  • The last TRX will be built in less than 2 weeks. They're currently at $125k MSRP (Final Editions). You have an option to buy basically the same truck, but for $15k less (MSRP to MSRP).
  • You know you want one, and you won't sleep well at night unless you get it
Thats some polite bullying right there.
You're a roody poo candy burro if you don't buy that TRX is what I think he's trying to say

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Miata.net is the Forum to use.
Nobody complains about anything, because there is nothing to complain about with the ND (2016+) Miata, but you will get your money spent..there is SOOOO much you can do with them! The 6 speed trans is so perfectly geared and the 2.0L is smooth, peppy, revvy, AND 32+MPG no matter what!
One for sure thing to do is a Versatuner download with a Fab9 Tuning tune..it's cheap, easy to do, and makes the 2.0L feel like a small 6cyl..much torquier!! Contact me if you get one.
I'm actually checking out an NA that needs some TLC. It's for my daughter. A daddy/daughter project, but I'm kinda hoping she'll end up not wanting it, and well I'll have to drive it...

Bam'sRam2021

Reaction score
Look at the new Falken AT4Ws coming out also.
Those are nice. I considered going with the AT3W since the price is coming down due to them being replaced by the 4 but I don't need anything that aggressive. My mild to moderate off road time is approximately 15%. Almost forgot...had the front doors tinted today along with the sun strip across the windshield.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Upgraded my truck from Uconnect 4 to Uconnect 5. Digging the wireless CarPlay!

10f713afd5f61ed9ef716cd286ec364a.jpg

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I paid 469 for mine. Getting it straight from china custom made. Got limited written at the bottom with blue stitching and blue 12 o clock ring and it’s heated. You do not need to spend almost a grand. Better to spend a half and buy carbon paddles.
Have a link for that by chance? 469 sounds better than 700+ to me🤣

Edit: Just saw the link above. Thanks

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just want a steering wheel with more padding on the top/bottom with a flat bottom done in leather and without the carbon fiber bits but I guess this isn’t available lol.

Edit: with heat and no paddle shifters lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm actually checking out an NA that needs some TLC. It's for my daughter. A daddy/daughter project, but I'm kinda hoping she'll end up not wanting it, and well I'll have to drive it...
Buy it! Unless the frame is completely rotten I don't see a scenario where you lose.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Buy it! Unless the frame is completely rotten I don't see a scenario where you lose.
That's basically what I told him. I've only seen pictures. No rust I can see and none he is aware of. It belongs to a coworker. It got hot, he replaced the thermostat and now it idles rough. May be starting out with head new head gasket, but if it drives onto the trailer...

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldnt even be looking to tear into it. Id start planning a swap right away. I had a 92 prelude a couple years ago that I was prepping for a H22 swap. The original engine ran, but it smoked so I wasn't able to abuse it.

Ended up selling it to pay some bills at one point.....one my biggest regrets. Now I keep looking for another project but no luck yet.

If you have a chance to get something even half decent that will bring you joy, grab it.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Eighty
Back to Ram Forum...I did do this today...talked to my buddy who owns the dealership that I ordered both my 2023 & 2024 Laramie G/Ts from...they just got in their 2024 TRX and it's GCM like mine (think my wife will even notice if I just pull a fast swap!?) It does have the Red seats stripes instead of the grey ones on ours..but I think I'm good to go, hey!?!
do it. or do it and send it to me. she won't even know.

Asahdev17

Reaction score
Have a link for that by chance? 469 sounds better than 700+ to me🤣

Edit: Just saw the link above. Thanks

I just want a steering wheel with more padding on the top/bottom with a flat bottom done in leather and without the carbon fiber bits but I guess this isn’t available lol.

Edit: with heat and no paddle shifters lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NEWEST Customized Leather Perforated Steering Wheel For 2019- 2022 ram 1500 trx | eBay looking for this?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldnt even be looking to tear into it. Id start planning a swap right away. I had a 92 prelude a couple years ago that I was prepping for a H22 swap. The original engine ran, but it smoked so I wasn't able to abuse it.

Ended up selling it to pay some bills at one point.....one my biggest regrets. Now I keep looking for another project but no luck yet.

If you have a chance to get something even half decent that will bring you joy, grab it.
Maybe down the line, but I'm in the middle of a restomod on my Grandpa's '64 C10, which includes a frame swap and bed chop.

That's what keeps me from getting carried away with the Rebel.

Ready Go

Reaction score
There's a guy local to me named minivette

Car made 800whp last time I saw it. Miatas kill it on the road course, especially a low speed road course or course with <300' straights
"Looks" like a ZO6 5.7L and "sounds" like a turbo too!! Love how it squats on the roller!

Users who are viewing this thread