5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

TSL

Reaction score
Might have to one-up you @boogielander. LOL 😎
Not sure if it’ll fit my Limited though.

View attachment 175179
"Some assembly required" I think :)
Not quite a clamshell popup - but looks amazing when set up nonetheless !
Almost think there should be a trailer in the picture somewhere - to haul all that stuff when it's collapsed down !

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same. Long for the days gone by when they used sand more. Salt eats our vehicles so fast here, even with undercoating.
It's awful. I try to drive my beater in the winter as much as possible and leave my truck in the driveway, but we had to do some long distance traveling last two weekends in the remnants of the Buffalo snow storm.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those of you that drive in a lot of salt, do you use Fluid Film or anything else to help prevent, or do frequent washes eventually wash out the film?

mplaramie

Reaction score
Those of you that drive in a lot of salt, do you use Fluid Film or anything else to help prevent, or do frequent washes eventually wash out the film?
I live in Upstate NY and use Krown. Typically get it done twice a year but after winter, I get the Krown salt bath before application.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Since I park it in heated garage, regular automatic car washes throughout winter. Then when weather warms up and rain cleans the road, I will do a very thorough wash in my driveway getting up under the truck and inside frame rails. Will pull rear wheel liners and clean behind them as well

mplaramie

Reaction score
Since I park it in heated garage, regular automatic car washes throughout winter. Then when weather warms up and rain cleans the road, I will do a very thorough wash in my driveway getting up under the truck and inside frame rails. Will pull rear wheel liners and clean behind them as well
I want a heated garage......

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Same. Long for the days gone by when they used sand more. Salt eats our vehicles so fast here, even with undercoating.

I was just saying this the other day. I remember when I was too young to drive in the 70's, they would plow the roads and put sand down in the intersections. They did it that way through the early 2000's. Now they just salt the crap out of everything for all of the candy asses that can't drive on snow. Rather than subject my truck and my wife's car to that abuse, I bough a Subaru for the winter.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was just saying this the other day. I remember when I was too young to drive in the 70's, they would plow the roads and put sand down in the intersections. They did it that way through the early 2000's. Now they just salt the crap out of everything for all of the candy asses that can't drive on snow. Rather than subject my truck and my wife's car to that abuse, I bough a Subaru for the winter.
In IL it usually gets worse towards end of season because they need to use it all to keep their budget the same it seems. They will dump the crap out of salt towards the end.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I want a heated garage......
It's very nice. I had to add the heater after we moved in, but the garage itself was finished with insulated walls/ceiling. I usually keep heater set around 50 degrees. Will crank it up to 70 if I'm going to be working in the garage.

My old house had a heater in one bay of the garage that wasn't working when we moved in. Finally got it working 6 months before we sold it for current house.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We don't get much salt here, but this is what I do. My garage is heated/cooled and I do a thorough wash/detail when the weather clears up.

Last year we picked up a very clean JKU for my wife. I keep saying I'm going to Fluid Film it, but never got around to it. Was thinking I should probably do the Rebel too.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"Some assembly required" I think :)
Not quite a clamshell popup - but looks amazing when set up nonetheless !
Almost think there should be a trailer in the picture somewhere - to haul all that stuff when it's collapsed down !
I actually go glamping with a 38’ diesel pusher RV with 2 slides, but I couldn’t help but notice the spiral staircase to the upper deck. That’s definitely next level!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We don't get much salt here, but this is what I do. My garage is heated/cooled and I do a thorough wash/detail when the weather clears up.

Last year we picked up a very clean JKU for my wife. I keep saying I'm going to Fluid Film it, but never got around to it. Was thinking I should probably do the Rebel too.
There is a local start up company here called Gottsch's Goo that does undercoated with his own proprietary stuff. They do a complete pressure wash power clean under the vehicle and spray out frame rails before applying the coating, which is said to be good for 18 months. I never got around to scheduling an appointment before snow hit. But probably something I will get done this year.

Users who are viewing this thread