5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Ahh that's pretty nice. I got the lights straight from Diode Dynamics but chose to get no harness since I wire my aux lights to my switch controller.

That's pretty neat, but I don't want the reverse lights to turn on every time I put the truck in reverse. I know, I'm complicated.
If you need help with something feel free to shoot me a message. I help customers and anybody who just needs help really.

frbh1500

Reaction score
Just did my first oil change. Only 1,500 miles since I bought it used, but according to service record it hasn't been changed in about a year. Also attempted to install a skeerdy cat, having an issue as the holes don't line up 100%. They need to be more inwards, any idea how I can make that happen? Like if I could scrape about 1/16th of an inch it would fit fine.

Reaction score
Just had the wife drop off the truck at a local dealer to address the dreaded, but all too common leaking window and/or CHMSL, AND check-off the tailgate recall that I've been ignoring (since my tailgate works perfectly). The dealer said he'll get it fixed today so they must have parts available now. Just in time for the GA winter rains.

Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just had the wife drop off the truck at a local dealer to address the dreaded, but all too common leaking window/CHMSL, AND check-off the tailgate recall that I've been ignoring (since my tailgate works perfectly). The dealer said he'll get it fixed today so they must have parts available now. Just in time for the GA winter rains.
What part of Georgia are you in?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just did my first oil change. Only 1,500 miles since I bought it used, but according to service record it hasn't been changed in about a year. Also attempted to install a skeerdy cat, having an issue as the holes don't line up 100%. They need to be more inwards, any idea how I can make that happen? Like if I could scrape about 1/16th of an inch it would fit fine.
Do you mean to holes upfront?
You could try a step drill bit - if its the ones at the back I would think a grinder

Rebel Machine

Reaction score
New member here!
I've owned my 2021 Rebel since last May. So far I have raised the front 1/2", installed a set of 18" X 9" black Method 305 wheels, Summit Racing side bars and a Mopar trailer brake controller. I also fabricated an under-seat storage area from aluminum under the rear seats. The plastic molded ones I was looking at look like they use up a lot of potential storage space. Next I want to convert from the dash shift knob to the GT console shifter so will be looking for information on that next.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New member here!
I've owned my 2021 Rebel since last May. So far I have raised the front 1/2", installed a set of 18" X 9" black Method 305 wheels, Summit Racing side bars and a Mopar trailer brake controller. I also fabricated an under-seat storage area from aluminum under the rear seats. The plastic molded ones I was looking at look like they use up a lot of potential storage space. Next I want to convert from the dash shift knob to the GT console shifter so will be looking for information on that next.
Welcome to the Fray.
Prepare for emptying your wallet!

frbh1500

Reaction score
Do you mean to holes upfront?
You could try a step drill bit - if its the ones at the back I would think a grinder
Yes at the front, sorry didn't specify. That would actually work great. Not sure if mine was off slightly while they were machining or what, but I tried again today and it just would not go in. Thank you I'll have to try that.

Rebel Machine

Reaction score
Welcome to the Fray.
Prepare for emptying your wallet!
That's why we so work hard right? Like they say---"you can't take it with you"

I looked for a nice clean used low mileage Rebel that I like for over a year and finally found mine. Realisticly this is probably the last truck I'll have so I would like to make it into something I really like driving. I simply don't like the knob dial on the dash!!

I'm hoping to find some nice used pieces like the ones I saw posted on this forum a while back for $700. That was for a nice complete console with the shifter assembly. To me, that would be money well spent when I can do the labor myself. The problem is they are not easy to find.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's why we so work hard right? Like they say---"you can't take it with you"

I looked for a nice clean used low mileage Rebel that I like for over a year and finally found mine. Realisticly this is probably the last truck I'll have so I would like to make it into something I really like driving. I simply don't like the knob dial on the dash!!

I'm hoping to find some nice used pieces like the ones I saw posted on this forum a while back for $700. That was for a nice complete console with the shifter assembly. To me, that would be money well spent when I can do the labor myself. The problem is they are not easy to find.
EBAY EBAY EBAY THATS ALL I CAN SAY AND VERIFY PART #'S VIA ONLINE OR ON THE PHONE WITH A PARTS MGR (DEALERSHIP)

Egret

Reaction score
Yes at the front, sorry didn't specify. That would actually work great. Not sure if mine was off slightly while they were machining or what, but I tried again today and it just would not go in. Thank you I'll have to try that.
But obviously, enlarge the hole in the skeerdy cat part, and not on your truck frame. And then use a stainless or coated washer if needed.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hit 53k miles on my OEM Duratracs, and they were getting pretty loud and squirrely in the rain. Decided it was time to upgrade. Wanted Wildpeak AT3W's, but Discount Tire apparently only had 4 in the entire US, so I went with Cooper Discoverer AT3's. Upgraded from 275/70R18 to 295/70R18 so playing with AlfaOBD to get the tire size right. Happy with the size change as it fills the wheel well more. Had to put on a new spare too because Ram stupidly decided to put a 31.5" tire on there instead of the OEM size.
1701875820523.png

Egret

Reaction score
Hit 53k miles on my OEM Duratracs, and they were getting pretty loud and squirrely in the rain. Decided it was time to upgrade. Wanted Wildpeak AT3W's, but Discount Tire apparently only had 4 in the entire US, so I went with Cooper Discoverer AT3's. Upgraded from 275/70R18 to 295/70R18 so playing with AlfaOBD to get the tire size right. Happy with the size change as it fills the wheel well more. Had to put on a new spare too because Ram stupidly decided to put a 31.5" tire on there instead of the OEM size.
View attachment 172203

Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 172203
Someone had posted a couple weeks ago that the Wikdpeaks were being discontinued z but not sure if that was just the size they were looking for, which were also 18's or the whole line.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Someone had posted a couple weeks ago that the Wikdpeaks were being discontinued z but not sure if that was just the size they were looking for, which were also 18's or the whole line.
That was me. I bought 295/70-18’s at Tire Rack and they said limited stock due to being discontinued. I had four delivered and see they’re now not even listed anymore.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That was me. I bought 295/70-18’s at Tire Rack and they said limited stock due to being discontinued. I had four delivered and see they’re now not even listed anymore.
So same size the other guy was looking for. Maybe it's just that size?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Anyone know if this is true? If so, I'll probably need to pick up a spare.

Users who are viewing this thread