5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Gobassin

Reaction score
Just curious why not 6", which I've done lower then that, but why also only 30% when the norm is 5%?
It's something to do with my age(grandpa). The windshield appears to be huge and any darker it becomes a distraction, could have gone and maybe should have gone to at least a 4". This is my first pickup and its just gonna take a little longer to get comfortable driving the Ram....

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not completely done but installed some topo vinyl from JT Graphics. I have a small section that fits on the lower quarter panel, just need some warmer weather.

1b7f9f8df682aebd2ca8f976efdde5a2.jpeg

d4b44284ab86675cddc1b923df788a52.jpeg

7c0dbe36d963db7c8653a34770768d97.jpeg

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Cleaned my windows yesterday and found the dreaded crack in the rear slider window frame. Grrrrrr! 😡
It’s not leaking yet, but I don’t want it to become a bigger issue.
I contacted my dealership to see what can be done.
2019 with just over 60k.

View attachment 172362

View attachment 172363

Sucks man, I think there are threads here that state the rear window frame is now part of an extended warranty, so hopefully you can be covered.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sucks man, I think there are threads here that state the rear window frame is now part of an extended warranty, so hopefully you can be covered.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not completely done but installed some topo vinyl from JT Graphics. I have a small section that fits on the lower quarter panel, just need some warmer weather.

1b7f9f8df682aebd2ca8f976efdde5a2.jpeg

d4b44284ab86675cddc1b923df788a52.jpeg

7c0dbe36d963db7c8653a34770768d97.jpeg
Is it just a generic topography map, or is it an area of importance for you? I know some Jeep people will get some done for specific areas they have visited.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it just a generic topography map, or is it an area of importance for you? I know some Jeep people will get some done for specific areas they have visited.

Generic but it would be really cool to do one of the lakes I fish or areas I’ve hunted. Would be sick but a whole lotta work.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
REAR WINDOW SLIDER UPDATE:
Dealership Service said “not covered - out of base warranty”.
But….
Because I’m such a valued customer and one of their staunchest supporters they are going to look after it direct for me.
Part is ordered. It’s the new updated design so hopefully this is my one go-round.
They’ll let me know when it’s in and book the appointment.
I’m thankful and appreciative of my dealership - Vernon Dodge Jeep!
I know there’s a TSB out from other threads I’ve read, but I’m gonna go with it as a gift anyway. Either way, it’s getting done at no cost to me!

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
REAR WINDOW SLIDER UPDATE:
Dealership Service said “not covered out of base warranty”.
But….
Because I’m such a valued customer and one of their staunchest supporters that they are going to look after it direct for me.
Part is ordered. It’s the new updated design so hopefully this is my one go-round.
They’ll let me know when it’s in and book the appointment.
I’m thankful and appreciative of my dealership - Vernon Dodge Jeep!
I know there’s a TSB out from other threads I’ve read, but I’m gonna go with it as a gift anyway. Either way, it’s getting done at no cost to me!
Gota love dealerships.
Doing warranty work and saying they are doing it because they like you.
At least you are getting it done.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gota love dealerships.
Doing warranty work and saying they are doing it became they like you.
Gotta make the customer think they are important to keep them coming back.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gota love dealerships.
Doing warranty work and saying they are doing it because they like you.
Exactly what I was thinking lol

I need to take mine in too. I got it replaced a little over a year ago and now it's leaking again but no crack.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What's your profession?

I'm trying to decide if I should feel intimidated or not.
Electronics technician for the past 33 years.
Before that, auto-body school for two years, then as an apprentice tech for a GM Europe, Opel, VW-Audi dealer in Finland.

If you have a "decent" collection of tools for general automotive and suspension work, the it is not too bad.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced passenger side wheel-bearing hub. 78162 miles on the clock.

View attachment 172399
Also added lube to the half shaft and output splines as a preventive measure against corrosion.

View attachment 172400
Must be a younger man, the first tool I get job for a job like that is a creeper seat. These old knees don't like all the kneeling and the up and downs. Might as well do the driver side while all the tools are out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online