5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Insanity

Reaction score
There is friendly ribbing then there is well uncalled for, that seems to happen all too much on this forum. Guess some get far too comfy smashing their dirty **** beaters on a keyboard without the option to get punched in the face. Isn't the internet just grand?

I see one common denominator here and it is... Do you remember when you had to talk **** to someones face?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There is friendly ribbing then there is well uncalled for, that seems to happen all too much on this forum. Guess some get far too comfy smashing their dirty **** beaters on a keyboard without the option to get punched in the face. Isn't the internet just grand?

I see one common denominator here and it is... Do you remember when you had to talk **** to someones face?
Yep and yep

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take your bickering to DM's tough guys 😁

Meanwhile, let's keep this thread on track! Between putting up lights at the house and a whole lot of other things, I found time to install some chase/backup lights. The brackets are from Aegis Offroad, I REALLY like them since my bed cover fit perfect and they have a cool design to them.

Lights are the Diode Dynamics SS2 Sports in flood. They have the red backlight feature and my plan was to wire that to the brake lights. However, I couldn't quite figure that out using the trailer plugs so I think I'm going to have to tap into the 3rd brake light. Unless anybody has a better idea? I really don't want to mess with the 3rd brake given the history they have lol

Brightness isn't crazy but I can't justify paying for the pro version.

And my stickers are blocked now 😔

Pics!!

20231203_153257.jpg

20231203_153306.jpg

Look at that Max Steel color at the bottom of that picture 😍

20231203_153507.jpg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Meanwhile, let's keep this thread on track! Between putting up lights at the house and a whole lot of other things, I found time to install some chase/backup lights. The brackets are from Aegis Offroad, I REALLY like them since my bed cover fit perfect and they have a cool design to them.

Lights are the Diode Dynamics SS2 Sports in flood. They have the red backlight feature and my plan was to wire that to the brake lights. However, I couldn't quite figure that out using the trailer plugs so I think I'm going to have to tap into the 3rd brake light. Unless anybody has a better idea? I really don't want to mess with the 3rd brake given the history they have lol

Pics!!

View attachment 172092

View attachment 172093

View attachment 172094
Not sure who you bought the lights from, but it sounds like you didn't get a plug-and-play harness to go with it. @Shifts And Grins Fab sells a harness that connects in to your trailer wiring (behind the bumper) and supports brake/reverse/running lights. Here's the dual-output version (they have a single output version as well). You might contact them to make sure all the wiring is the same for your specific light setup.

W Six

Reaction score
Did they fix the tank? I believe theres a TSB or Star Bulletin on the filler neck issue.
And A/S/S won’t work if the A/C compressor needs to run to maintain the cabin temp. When you were in the desert, were you running the A/C?
I did mention the TSB's and such. They pulled the tank and all parts, checked them and did to d a small piece of some kind of foam in one of the valve adore in the filler neck.
They filled the tank with no issues, but that's hit and miss as far as I can tell from that trip. We'll see how it goes.

As far as the AS/S, yeah, it was rubber hot! (29 Palms, CA)
It gave warnings on the dash that said it need the system "serviced".

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Pics!!

View attachment 172092

View attachment 172093

View attachment 172094
Hell yea brother 😂 I have that same sticker

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m not sure if you’ve looked for oem+ or aftermarket lights for a limited but I have and unfortunately found nothing. If you find something LMK.
I haven't had the need to do this truck.

I see a pair for just over $1k

I'm sure there are a bunch more but it does take time to research.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure who you bought the lights from, but it sounds like you didn't get a plug-and-play harness to go with it. @Shifts And Grins Fab sells a harness that connects in to your trailer wiring (behind the bumper) and supports brake/reverse/running lights. Here's the dual-output version (they have a single output version as well). You might contact them to make sure all the wiring is the same for your specific light setup.

Ahh that's pretty nice. I got the lights straight from Diode Dynamics but chose to get no harness since I wire my aux lights to my switch controller.

That's pretty neat, but I don't want the reverse lights to turn on every time I put the truck in reverse. I know, I'm complicated.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ahh that's pretty nice. I got the lights straight from Diode Dynamics but chose to get no harness since I wire my aux lights to my switch controller.

That's pretty neat, but I don't want the reverse lights to turn on every time I put the truck in reverse. I know, I'm complicated.
Well, you could still get the harness (or one like it) and wire it however you want. That's what I did, but slighly in reverse. I butchered the original harness (that's wired for a switch), and tied it to one of the @Shifts And Grins Fab plug-and-play harnesses so that it comes on in reverse automatically - all without cutting into factory wiring.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

You can remove the wire for reverse, it goes into the 7 pin trailer hookup.

Maybe get can do something with this harness and spike into it going to your controller and into the trailer hitch?
I have used this one in the past you can snip the 5 pin off.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't had the need to do this truck.

I see a pair for just over $1k

I'm sure there are a bunch more but it does take time to research.
Yea those are for rebel. I read u have a limited correct? Our style of headlight housing does not have any aftermarket options. A lot of people in the “lower trim” trucks with halogen have aftermarket support.

Users who are viewing this thread