5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

DCRAM

Reaction score
Took my truck in for a rattle in the front driver side. Service told me it was the sway bar link. $64. Cool!
Except…..The sway bar individual links are on back order.
They said they can get the both links AND a new front sway bar. Extended warranty said no. Dealer Service went to bat with my Extended warranty and they finally gave in. All fixed!
Had a loaner for diagnostics and then again for repair. Luv my dealership!
Wow - my local dealer stopped providing loaners a couple years ago, so any work at all by them is a huge pain being without a vehicle.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow - my local dealer stopped providing loaners a couple years ago, so any work at all by them is a huge pain being without a vehicle.
Every once in a while, I get a couple of $20 gift cards for a local eatery and give them to the Lot Supervisor and my Service desk guy. Sometimes I take a box of doughnuts in to the Service Dept.
Yes, you may call it bribery. I call it showing appreciation for what they do for me. We bought our first car there 18 years ago. I bought my last 2 new trucks from them. I know everyone there and they know me by first name. Loyalty goes a long way. At least at my dealership it does.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Most dealers don't offer true "loaners" anymore. Some of my local ones just call you an Uber or Lyft. One used to do "loaners" but they were managed by Enterprise and you had to complete a rental agreement, complete with insurance waiver.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
None of the big 3 seem to offer loaners around here, but I'm always seeing foreign loaners out on the streets.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every once in a while, I get a couple of $20 gift cards for a local eatery and give them to the Lot Supervisor and my Service desk guy. Sometimes I take a box of doughnuts in to the Service Dept.
Yes, you may call it bribery. I call it showing appreciation for what they do for me. We bought our first car there 18 years ago. I bought my last 2 new trucks from them. I know everyone there and they know me by first name. Loyalty goes a long way. At least at my dealership it does.
Consider yourself very lucky.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently bought the Husky’s and honestly I found the fitment to be just as bad on the rear like in the photos you show but as you mentioned the holes did line up and the they mounted to the quarter panels well. But still didn’t look like a perfect fit so I took them off. I ordered a set of the cheap ones as well so appreciate your pics. Will let you know if I have a similar experience. If I do I’m going to have to pony up for the weathertech’s. I actually like the Rek Gen’s but not sure how well they would do over time with the metal hanging over in the wheel well.
The holes on the 2 front mud flaps were almost perfect but in the rear was waaaaaay off and would have required me to drill out all new holes on the mud flap itself to fit.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the only ones in my area that still do loaners are the Bmw, Mercedes dealers I think the rest your sol. Years ago when I worked at a Subaru dealer I remember us having several loaners basically brand new or less then 5k mile one. I could spot it going south real quick someone brings in their clapped out Subaru SVX or Baja and get a new car in return which is fine until they bring it back running on fumes and with 50 lbs of dog hair caked up in it. I get it you being your pet everywhere with you but cmon you’re in a loaner and for free have some kind of respect. I think they stopped shortly after that when it became frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has a Lincoln Navigator, and they sure do a good job of spoiling customers. Oil changes - they drop off a loaner at our house, pick up her Navi, then return it when they're done and take the loaner. They even make it a point to provide the same vehicle as a loaner (she always gets a Navigator).

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get a shuttle service to my destination and a pick up when they're done.....assuming I'm going somewhere in town.

Out of town = on my own.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most definitely, Some times you can find a hidden gem but this wasn’t the case.
yeap for hidden gems ill let other people spend their money trial and error it.
for my money i just go with brands that have proven performance and reliability.

edit:
why you should buy quality products, even if that means spending a bit more:

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yeap for hidden gems ill let other people spend their money trial and error it.
for my money i just go with brands that have proven performance and reliability.

edit:
why you should buy quality products, even if that means spending a bit more:
I've done this with tires before. Going out on a limb to buy a tire brand that is new or not very well known, or new model, only to have them become a popular later on. I was using Kuhmo tires when they were first on the scene in US because they were cheap and had good performance. Now they are considered a "good" brand.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Changed the oil this weekend. Installed the fumoto valve, the nipple is closer to the sway bar than I hoped. I guess I’ll find out it the next oil change if I can get good drainage from a tube, I suspect not.
08791B22-0B39-4244-9958-88182C301710.jpeg

On a more positive note, I draped a puppy pad over the frame and rack, and it did a great job.
F5A3185D-A094-48C5-A327-4E9EC8853F77.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Changed the oil this weekend. Installed the fumoto valve, the nipple is closer to the sway bar than I hoped. I guess I’ll find out it the next oil change if I can get good drainage from a tube, I suspect not.
View attachment 170757

On a more positive note, I draped a puppy pad over the frame and rack, and it did a great job.
View attachment 170756
That's why you buy the F106SX so the nipple doesn't point straight out, but is adjustable.

HemiDude

Reaction score
That's why you buy the F106SX so the nipple doesn't point straight out, but is adjustable.
Yup. I saw reviews from guys with both styles, and estimated that would be more space between this one and the bar than there actually is. Looking at the one I have, I wonder if just the nipple would be replaceable. Either way, it will likely look different after the next oil change.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 170757

View attachment 170756
I have the same fumoto valve but mine is not as close as yours. I wonder what the variable is that makes some closer than others? I have a limited with ORP

HemiDude

Reaction score
I have the same fumoto valve but mine is not as close as yours. I wonder what the variable is that makes some closer than others? I have a limited with ORP
Mine is non-ORP, that could be part of it.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup. I saw reviews from guys with both styles, and estimated that would be more space between this one and the bar than there actually is. Looking at the one I have, I wonder if just the nipple would be replaceable. Either way, it will likely look different after the next oil change.
Check out this one, even better!! ValvoMax Quick Twist Oil Drain Valve

Users who are viewing this thread