5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice. I admit, I would prefer the integrated look over the aftermarket I have, but this works well for me and it charges VERY fast and keeps my phone charged even if the phone is turned on wile driving.

The built-in wireless charging charges my phone even when I'm using CarPlay and Waze to navigate, streaming Bluetooth music, and talking on the phone.

I do make a point of charging my phone at night, when I'm sleeping. So, I almost never need the truck's wireless charger to do more than top it up while I'm driving.

I don't really care that it doesn't charge it especially quickly. Charging fast is what creates heat and eventually damages the phone battery. I do keep a 30W charging brick and cable in my truck for just in case I'm in a situation where my phone has really gotten run down and I do need to charge it fast.

Oh damn I saw that!!
This poor lady laid there for over an hour with her leg broke in half till an ambulance got up there.

And this was the other crash. At the end of my vid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice video! You were running that cruiser at a very nice pace! Too bad that kid in front of you ran out of talent. At least he wasn't hurt.

RE: Wireless charging

My first experience with wireless charging was maybe 8+ years ago when it first came out. It killed the battery on my phone in less than a year because of the heat it generates on the phone. This was when phone manufacturers started sealing the phones and you can't buy and replace batteries. I haven't used wireless charging since then, even if my phone has it. I don't know how far the tech has advanced since then.

Yeah.... they have figured it out now...

seansmd

Reaction score
Yes. Easy to run the cable through behind the bezel.
you can’t get down and into the consul directly. You have to come out the bottom of the bezel and down into the consul to the AC plug area.
You can barely see, but my cable runs down in the right corner past the USB power ports.

View attachment 168937
Perfect and where did you come out near the mount?

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The built-in wireless charging charges my phone even when I'm using CarPlay and Waze to navigate, streaming Bluetooth music, and talking on the phone.

I do make a point of charging my phone at night, when I'm sleeping. So, I almost never need the truck's wireless charger to do more than top it up while I'm driving.

I don't really care that it doesn't charge it especially quickly. Charging fast is what creates heat and eventually damages the phone battery. I do keep a 30W charging brick and cable in my truck for just in case I'm in a situation where my phone has really gotten run down and I do need to charge it fast.

Nice video! You were running that cruiser at a very nice pace! Too bad that kid in front of you ran out of talent. At least he wasn't hurt.

Yeah.... they have figured it out now...
Personally, I simply just don’t like the positioning of the charging pad for ease of placement or removal as well as the charging capability.
That’s why I looked for an alternative and chose the Course Motorsports mount.

seansmd

Reaction score
Personally, I simply just don’t like the positioning of the charging pad for ease of placement or removal as well as the charging capability.
That’s why I looked for an alternative and chose the Course Motorsports mount.
S23 ultra too big with a case also, worked horizontal, but agree with Dogpatch

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let's see...what did I do to my RAM today...

Attempted to install my JBL amp I've had for a couple of months, along with a PAC Audio CH03 wiring harness.
Been getting static through my front doors, so I know I got some wiring issues going on with the harness and the ANC.
As I have been eliminating things one by one, I have effectively
1) killed my factory amp. All I get is my subwoofer. Zero signal through any other speaker.
2) killed my battery while I was at it.

Although am still under warranty, I need to tow my truck to service to have them claim the battery under warranty. And they close in 45 minutes.
FML...🤦‍♂️

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just replaced the fluids in the Front Diff, Rear Diff, and Transfer Case. Truck is about to hit 50,000 miles. Went with Valvoline Synthetic in the appropriate weights for the front and rear. Redline MT-LV for the transfer case. Rear diff smelled awful and looked kinda cloudy when draining. Front and transfer case looked great.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just replaced the fluids in the Front Diff, Rear Diff, and Transfer Case. Truck is about to hit 50,000 miles. Went with Valvoline Synthetic in the appropriate weights for the front and rear. Redline MT-LV for the transfer case. Rear diff smelled awful and looked kinda cloudy when draining. Front and transfer case looked great.
From my experience, rear diff fluid smalls awfully when being poured out of brand new bottles

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From my experience, rear diff fluid smalls awfully when being poured out of brand new bottles
Good to know. First time ever doing that kind of service on a vehicle. Didn't notice a smell with the new fluids but the old is still lingering on the nose hairs a bit lol.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know. First time ever doing that kind of service on a vehicle. Didn't notice a smell with the new fluids but the old is still lingering on the nose hairs a bit lol.
Probably difference between stock conventional and synthetic?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
rear will always be more dirty than front or t-case because you're not using 4x4 all the time. thats completely normal

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i tried to find someone to "dip"some of my ram exterior parts.one guy said he would ,then later changed his mind.if he changes his mind and not want to do it.i had no choice but to try it myself :cry:

Attachments

• 20231010_152551_InPixio.jpg
    20231010_152551_InPixio.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 20231010_152544 (1)_InPixio.jpg
    20231010_152544 (1)_InPixio.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 117

GraySkull

Reaction score
Got new tires installed this week Toyo Open Country A/T 3 285/60R20. I've read in posts on this forum that they would fit with no rubbing so I went with them, forgetting that I have 1.5 inch spacers and they definitely rub. Followed instructions on another post on this forum on how to gain more space and used some zipties to pull the fender liners back and all is good now also adjusted the speedo with AlphaOBD to get it reading correctly
View attachment 166558 View attachment 166559 View attachment 166561
View attachment 166563
What offset is that on the Menace?

Users who are viewing this thread