5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
01cff19c9093630e24df6f2e19bb8b46.jpg

f7a83e624733f3ef9f0666c2837b8d3b.jpg

5df22b156c4287cb59f941596b944b5f.jpg

Annual oil change and fall clean up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Our plan for this weekend was to head to the mountains and camp for free at an event organized by a tire company. However, due to the organizer's inability to properly comprehend fire restriction notices, the organizer banned wood burning fires. So we traded free camping at a location that normally costs $100+ site/ night for river camping 3.5 hours away. After all, what's camping without wood burning campfire?

I headed out in the early PM after work, and a 3.5 hour drive turned into 4 hours thanks to weekend drivers, college kids going home, and tourists who have no idea where to go. It would be a 4+ hours drive but I made the time back via picking the right freeways to go around congested zones and trading MPG for MPH. Finally got there right after sunset.
View attachment 168477
Only 3 rigs this time.
View attachment 168478
This whole beach you're seeing would be flooded over night (either because the dam upstream released water or high tide... do rivers have tides?) but the view is great.
When I say flooded I'm talking about ankle height. not even knee height.
View attachment 168479

View attachment 168480
It got dark real quick and it was dinner time already.
These Devos Lightranger 1200s are great additions to the camping experience even though they have a hefty price tag. Like $350 for a pair or something. But I'd say they are worth every penny. There's no need for me to wear my headlamp anymore unless I'm going somewhere further away from the site.
View attachment 168481
Friend of mine made these griddles. Perfect fit for the stove and this was the first time using it. Cooks nicely and the tall sides makes containing oil and scooping up scrambled egg in the morning a lot easier.
View attachment 168482
Smoking a cigar at camp is something I do every time.
View attachment 168483
Next morning visited the another site that another group of guys I know were at the night before.
View attachment 168484
That griddle is amazing! I love my cast iron, but that would make cooking so much easier!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That griddle is amazing! I love my cast iron, but that would make cooking so much easier!
yeah that thing is amazing but now i have to get used to it lol
now i gotta turn up the heat more to cook steak, which is something new to me. With my old cast iron griddle with a lower sidewall I can make perfect steak on low heat lol now on low heat that steak ain't cookin :ROFLMAO: but the taller sidewall means i have more variety in my cooking!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a nice griddle !
This is the trouble with vicariously enjoying other guy's camping reports is you see things you "need" :) Like that Devos LightRanger and a griddle like that. I know you said that one's home-made but there are similar ones to be had I know. However, having put RSI's Smartcap on my truck this year, I'll have to wait till next year for more things I, ahem, "need"
yes sir i feel ya lol
this is like the third or 4th batch he made for our overlanding group. I held out for so long since i already have a cast iron one but with a lower side. I didn't buy this but my friend with the 3rd gen bought it and assigned it to me (since he's the one assigned to dish duties at camp he's tired of that heavy cast iron one while my truck is the default kitchen and i'm the default cook :ROFLMAO: ) so i guess this is not MY griddle but my small group's griddle!

But yeah that need vs want struggle is real. That's the primary reason why I don't go to Expos lol I know for sure if i go to those events I'll have to leave my wallet somewhere safe. But it's also what I tell my customers when they ask for the "need" for RTT, awnings, and other stuff. I tell them go out there at least 10 times before taking out their cards. You THINK you NEED something but chances are you can get by just fine without it. It's nice to have all these but unless you are constantly using them, you don't NEED them. But if they really have nowhere else to put their money... sure swipe away, give me the money LOL

6of36

Reaction score
Tried Mothers CMX instead of Meguire’s for a change. Noticeable difference.
I put 3 coats of Mother's on my Durango, within a week, last spring. I sold it yesterday, and it still shined, like it was done last week. I plan on doing the Ram, before I drive it home 1,200 miles. It's great, because you can put it on the black plastic parts, and glass.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lookin for a way to “turn off” my wireless charger for a bit. I know that sounds backwards haha but hear me out.

My phone is older but not old enuff to replace just yet. One of the things I’m noticing is on a long ride using CarPlay for music and any of the map apps it used to charge pretty good. Still got hot but that’s just a byproduct if induction charging. But it was working.

Lately my Phone gets blazing hot even on just a 1 hr drive. And the charge percentage goes up only 1 or 2%. And sometimes not at all. So I wanna just turn it off and use the cable til it’s really time for a new phone.

I noticed the feature listed in JScan under “miscellaneous settings -> wireless charge pad present” and you can either activate or deactivate it.

So I did that but it doesn’t seem to have done anything BUT, I know it can sometimes take a couple ignition cycles for changes to take effect. Anyone know what reasonable number is before I move on to the next idea?? Like 3-5 ignition cycles I was thinkin?

cliffsta

Reaction score
Updates my maps yesterday. Today I installed a Garmin Dashcam Mini2 and Dongar Technologies usb pass thru power dongle.

Attachments

• IMG_8824.jpeg
    IMG_8824.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8819.jpeg
    IMG_8819.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_8814.jpeg
    IMG_8814.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8822.jpeg
    IMG_8822.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 53

ocwill1

Reaction score
Installed the FITCAMX dashcam. Talk about easy install. Can't wait to test it out and see how it records. Need to get a larger SD card but all so far seems great.

It is a great camera. Had one on my F150, it caught an accident in the rear camera. I was able to pull the footage and give it to the person that got hit so they could send it to their insurance company. Installed the FitcamX on my Ram a couple of weeks ago...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lookin for a way to “turn off” my wireless charger for a bit. I know that sounds backwards haha but hear me out.

My phone is older but not old enuff to replace just yet. One of the things I’m noticing is on a long ride using CarPlay for music and any of the map apps it used to charge pretty good. Still got hot but that’s just a byproduct if induction charging. But it was working.

Lately my Phone gets blazing hot even on just a 1 hr drive. And the charge percentage goes up only 1 or 2%. And sometimes not at all. So I wanna just turn it off and use the cable til it’s really time for a new phone.

I noticed the feature listed in JScan under “miscellaneous settings -> wireless charge pad present” and you can either activate or deactivate it.

So I did that but it doesn’t seem to have done anything BUT, I know it can sometimes take a couple ignition cycles for changes to take effect. Anyone know what reasonable number is before I move on to the next idea?? Like 3-5 ignition cycles I was thinkin?
I mean, you don't have to put the phone on the wireless charging area

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All ready for Halloween! View attachment 168602
I usually put a hockey mask on the passenger seat headrest of my driver. I put it in the Malibu last night, but didn't tell anyone. My wife and daughter decided to take the Malibu this morning. They leave around the butt crack of dawn. Apparently, my name was taken in vain.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I usually put a hockey mask on the passenger seat headrest of my driver. I put it in the Malibu last night, but didn't tell anyone. My wife and daughter decided to take the Malibu this morning. They leave around the butt crack of dawn. Apparently, my name was taken in vain.
That’s brilliant. I worked with a guy that drove around with a full scale Skeleton in his passenger seat of his Mustang. On a few occasions I had to double take walking past his car before dawn.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My first thought was pull the fuse but it appears to be mixed in with a couple other electronics on the fuse diagram. Maybe you can get behind it and unplug it?

6of36

Reaction score
I mean, you don't have to put the phone on the wireless charging area
That's the good thing about the Ram charge pad, there are 2 phone spots. My Durango sucked, because there is just a small flat area where the pad is, so nowhere to put my phone or wallet, so I didn't demagnetize credit cards. I had to use cup holders. I wanted to eliminate it completely.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So ordered a new filter for my Vararam so I could swap filters and still drive the truck while I clean the other one. When I took originalmone off I notice the thin "seal" that was provided with the kit when new had shifted and there was about a 6" section with no seal. Also was dirty on the inside of housing. Removed the original seal and tried using some thicker, but more dense foam I had laying around from another project. After fighting the new filter, I noticed that the front corners weren't sealing and there was a small gap between the bottom of filter and the foam. Pulled filter back off and took that foam off. I had some 1" square open cell foam left over from when I used it to help seal up my furnace filter. Threw that on, the. Tightened down the filter. All sealed up now. The thicker, but softer foam was able to compress in areas in needed to while still sealing up the areas with less pressure.

If you have a Vararam, I highly suggest replacing the original seal with a thicker open cell foam. Doesn't have to be the 1" like I used. That was just what I had laying around. 1/2" thick would be more than enough. Guaranteed your filter isn't sealed all the way around unless you do this.
fowong Open Cell Foam Seal Tape 2 Rolls, 1" W X 1" T X 13' L, Air Conditioner Seal Low Density Door Insulation Strip High Resilience Flame Resistance, 2 X 6.5 Ft

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
So this just happened today. While the Jeep's Edelbrock EFI is still giving us the middle finger, I snuck out yesterday to take Clifford to West Texas Off Road and had a nice MasterTrac 3/1 lift/level kit installed, and today went to Discount Tire and had a set of Nitto Recon Grapplers installed to get rid of the crappy SUV tires that came with him. Not quite the effect of the Black Widow I thought I wanted so bad a few years ago, but this will definitely do.

Mild lift/level kit with some new 35"-ish Nitto Recon Grapplers. Just a tiny bit taller, but the tires are SO much better than the stock Goodyear SUV tires that were starting to fall apart after only 21K miles.
IMG_20231003_122949221_HDR.jpg

Now Clifford at least looks like a dang proper 4x4 truck with his new shoes and stance. @Mongo228's 2018 Big Horn is right there for comparison - now I just need a Magnaflow to complete the package.
IMG_20231003_123007527_HDR.jpg

Here's one of the ad pics for Clifford when I went to DFW to bring him home. Kinda looks like someone usually skipped 'leg day.'
cu-0.jpg

Buh-Bye - these tires suck, and now they're gone. That is all.
cu-9.jpg

This is the Black Widow edition I thought I wanted, it was just a little too tall, and the Awfulplex was pulling one of their usual bait 'n' switch deals. I'm happier with Clifford.
2021_ram_1500-pic-7299971506315729030-1024x768.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread