5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jealous. I've been wanting to do this myself but I have no need for a 2500 and don't want the added payment lol. Looks great!
I was looking but not actively pursuing a purchase until I ran across this truck. It’s a 2022 (but new) so the dealership offered a price I couldn’t walk away from. And it has a lot of options on it for a Bighorn and still has 2,921 pounds of payload capacity

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Anytime you hook up a heavy trailer to a 1500, even within the tow ratings of the 1500, you'll dream of a 2500. I've owned a Dakota, 360 gasser 2500, 2004 CTD 2500, 2007 3500 C&C CTD, 2019 3500 SRW CTD HO and now a 1500. I don't miss the 2500's or 3500's, but if I were to go back into RVing I would at least get a 2500. 1500's are good for small boat and utility trailers, but not RV's maxing out your 1500 GCWR.

LoNeStAr, good choice stepping up to the 2500, is it gas or diesel?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This happened today. Full review and over view thread coming soon.
RCI Engine skid (that includes the part that goes between first cross member and the bumper), tranny skid, and t-case skid. Tranny skid also has cat shield/ guard/ cover to prevent pathetic lowlifes from cutting my cat when i have to leave the truck unattended outside.
thumbnail_IMG_4903.jpg

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just never did it, my reasoning is, how do you pre fill a filter installed horizontally. I'm new to gas engines after 2004 when I purchased my 1st Ram 2500 CTD, that I would change myself. On Edit, except for my 4.3 Mercruiser engine that had the filter installed horizontally

The filter was changed per the service invoice, as it should have been anyway, so thats the only explanation for evidence of oil running down the side of it, that it was pre filled.

I guess it falls back to the old saying, "if you want it done right, do it yourself". So I'll be doing my own from now on. I can see why its hard to keep oil from spilling, its a really tight area.
I always pre-lube my filters, though I only add enough to soak into the element. Probably doesn't make much difference, but I feel better knowing that the only thing the oil needs to do when it hits the filter at startup is flow.

HemiDude

Reaction score
This happened today. Full review and over view thread coming soon.
RCI Engine skid (that includes the part that goes between first cross member and the bumper), tranny skid, and t-case skid. Tranny skid also has cat shield/ guard/ cover to prevent pathetic lowlifes from cutting my cat when i have to leave the truck unattended outside.
View attachment 167902
Best setup I've seen yet. I'll be following to see how durable it is for you.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry this is long overdue lol so I’ll catch up with all the days I missed. I’m starting somewhat of a full build revamp and these are the first few additions. First I added some Baja Designs XL80s on SDHQ A pillar mounts. Previously I was running BD Squadrons on Putco mounts but they just weren’t doing anything as soon as I turned my grille lights on, so I wanted to upgrade. The XL80s are insane! The S2 pros are just there for fun until I get the thing that they’ll be going on (it’s a secret lol). Then I bought some chrome grill trim pieces but I wanted it more subtle so I brushed the finish with scotchbrite pads. Much higher end look in my opinion. Then I swapped out my aftermarket mirrors back to the OEM tow mirrors and added paint matched caps and new lights. For $70 on eBay the paint matched caps are amazing quality! For the lights I used boostauto’s 2.0 wiring harness to allow them to be full time running lights that also work as turn signals. For the lights themselves I went with Aexplorer clear lens LEDs instead of boostauto’s because boost’s have an ugly bulge and their running light is white, I wanted amber running lights since I have amber DRLs programmed in my OEM headlights as well. Oh and it wasn’t “today” but it was this month - I won 4th overall at Fall Fest, an all mopar event at Angel Stadium! Pretty rad. I highly recommend all those products I mentioned - even the *ridiculously overpriced” wiring harness from boost lol. Stay tuned, there’s a lot more coming soon👍🏼

IMG_8519.jpeg _MG_6632.jpeg IMG_8518.jpeg IMG_8424.jpeg AC6A40EC-0045-4C29-9DF7-31C76E6AEBC3.jpeg

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck got nailed by golf-ball size hail back at the end of June. I had to wait for a turn with a paintless dent repair guru.

I picked it up a week ago, Friday.

It was flawless. Literally. I went over it with a dent screen and couldn't find a ripple. Some of the impacts were deep, right on the curve of the roof just above the windshield and also next to the third brake light. Tough spots, and deep. Lots on the hood, body sides, etc.

Here's a shoutout to Triad Dent Removal. He works in North Carolina, in the Winston-Salem/Greensboro area. Website: Triad Dent Removal | Hail Damage Repair

I could not be happier.

(Bonus: he got a tough crease out of my rear passenger door. The one a parking lot idiot gave me when the truck was only a month old.)

Scram1500

Reaction score
Installed the updated third brake light with Lastfit LED bulbs, no errors as of yet. The cargo light is actually useful now and matches the OEM bed lighting. Was going to get LED tail light housings but may just go the Lastfit route
20230924_103120.jpg

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the updated third brake light with Lastfit LED bulbs, no errors as of yet. The cargo light is actually useful now and matches the OEM bed lighting. Was going to get LED tail light housings but may just go the Lastfit route
View attachment 167925
I went with Lastit in all of my Halogen locations. I couldn’t be happier with that decision. The brightness and crispness of the Lasfit LED’s is perfect for me. And budget friendly.

L Curtis

Reaction score
My truck got nailed by golf-ball size hail back at the end of June. I had to wait for a turn with a paintless dent repair guru.

I picked it up a week ago, Friday.

It was flawless. Literally. I went over it with a dent screen and couldn't find a ripple. Some of the impacts were deep, right on the curve of the roof just above the windshield and also next to the third brake light. Tough spots, and deep. Lots on the hood, body sides, etc.

Here's a shoutout to Triad Dent Removal. He works in North Carolina, in the Winston-Salem/Greensboro area. Website: Triad Dent Removal | Hail Damage Repair

I could not be happier.

(Bonus: he got a tough crease out of my rear passenger door. The one a parking lot idiot gave me when the truck was only a month old.)
Happy to hear that. What a terrible feeling when damages happen out of your control. I would have been pretty upset and down. I can imagine how you felt when you got your truck back!

90Addict

Reaction score
Can we get some pics from the side... these look like they pull up and cover the rocker panels not, the older versions didnt.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Just saw this. I'll take a few pics in a bit. You can still see pinch weld but.... On the motors, the cut out where bolt goes thru is oblong. I'm gonna try to loosen, push them up a little higher and tighten

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best setup I've seen yet. I'll be following to see how durable it is for you.
it is durable. not my first RCI product that I've used.
Fit and material construction are both on par with the set I used to own and dragged through rocks multiple times.

You can find me write up in the modifications and accessories forum

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have the MFT, but similar to this. Don't mine it being slightly crooked. :(
you must've put it on with your sea-legs! still looks good with the lines on our trucks. i honestly probly wouldn't have noticed if you didn't say it.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Drove it to lunch. Hit 14k, 13k of which were with the lowering kit, trouble free miles… other than the back window exploding.
a9a4160489ca3a3764917c462cc778d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
exploding?!

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guy's a mechanic, not a receptionist. Cut him some slack.

Disclaimer: it could also be a girl, I know. I'm just saying.....
Someone may already have said this (i'm still playing catch-up with the thread) but "Check FADFIRST" is just "Check front axle differential first" abbreviated with no space. 🤪

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online