5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My Mopar 2” UCA’s were just delivered from MyMoparParts! Not too pleased with the shipping and handling, but if they can’t handle the Post Office, they shouldn’t be on the road! Lol. Just waiting on my skid plates which should be here tomorrow . View attachment 167139 View attachment 167140
They literally just threw them in a box? Wow

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Traded my truck in on this 24 CRV Hybrid Sport L......jk I did drive my truck to test drive it though. Fantastic little car though. Gonna be getting rid of my wife's van for this or one similar. Wife will drive it for a few years until it's paid off then I'll take it for my commuter. My little mazda is at 205,xxx miles. So we didn't want to be in a situation where we potentially have 3 car payments. I put 20k a yr on my commuter alone so it's well worth the gas savings. IMG_2437.jpeg

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Mopar 2” UCA’s were just delivered from MyMoparParts! Not too pleased with the shipping and handling, but if they can’t handle the Post Office, they shouldn’t be on the road! Lol. Just waiting on my skid plates which should be here tomorrow . View attachment 167139 View attachment 167140
I'm betting these were previously returned parts.

Somebody on this site did an impulse buy that they couldn't slide past the wife and had to send it back.

Couple that disgruntlement with the bitterness of the quality assurance guy in the returns department who is mad because he works at Mopar and is forced to drive a 1999 Kia and u get exactly what is pictured above.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm betting these were previously returned parts.

Somebody on this site did an impulse buy that they couldn't slide past the wife and had to send it back.

Couple that disgruntlement with the bitterness of the quality assurance guy in the returns department who is mad because he works at Mopar and is forced to drive a 1999 Kia and u get exactly what is pictured above.
😄

Maybe, but that's a $100 box. Pretty bad not to get that past the wife, especially with the "longer lasting joint angle" argument.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
😄

Maybe, but that's a $100 box. Pretty bad not to get that past the wife, especially with the "longer lasting joint angle" argument.
Hit the nail on the head!! Thankfully I don’t have to get my truck purchases past the wife. I am more of a stickler with my money that she is. The proof is all the unannounced Amazon boxes(which happen to be properly packaged🤔) that I come home to regularly. 🤣

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Somehow, my name ends up on the amazon account, altho I have never set one up. The wife asks me accusingly every time for the last 10 years, "what'd you order now?" I order by texting the www to her, and she goes thru the cart process, once a year? 😄

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my service advisor, TSB 23-098-23 is extending the rear window warranty out to 8 years & 150K miles. I’ve got an appointment at the end of the month to have them “verify” that my window is leaking and will then hopefully get it replaced for free! Fingers crossed!

Thanks to @Cbty2050 who posted the TSB on here

Scion

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my service advisor, TSB 23-098-23 is extending the rear window warranty out to 8 years & 150K miles. I’ve got an appointment at the end of the month to have them “verify” that my window is leaking and will then hopefully get it replaced for free! Fingers crossed!

Thanks to @Cbty2050 who posted the TSB on here

OUTSTANDING!!!!!! Time to call my dealer!

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't do anything to my truck, but watched a bunch of exhaust videos on YouTube and it sucks... they ALL sound the same in videos.

I wish I could find local guys with all the different exhausts to listen to.

I'm kinda thinking Proven Grounds muffler delete, but just don't know. I've got Flowmaster 40's on my Plymouth and my family kinda prefers to not ride with me.

I just want a little more growl, but nothing annoying from inside.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't do anything to my truck, but watched a bunch of exhaust videos on YouTube and it sucks... they ALL sound the same in videos.

I wish I could find local guys with all the different exhausts to listen to.

I'm kinda thinking Proven Grounds muffler delete, but just don't know. I've got Flowmaster 40's on my Plymouth and my family kinda prefers to not ride with me.

I just want a little more growl, but nothing annoying from inside.
I have the muffler delete but retained the resonators and it doesn’t sound bad at all in the inside of the cab. It comes to life when you get on the skinny pedal. I had a great muffler place local to me (Bucks County, PA) suggest this route when I went there looking to add a Magnaflow Dod 18” like I had on my 4th gen. He just cut out the stock muffler and welded in a straight pipe. No regrets for me. $120 out the door and done in under and hour.

Users who are viewing this thread