5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today...I dropped it off at the body shop to get all the hail dents removed. PDR-style.

Sigh.
Since there is a backorder on roofs my truck is going to have dimples for a while... Last hailstorm 3 years ago was PDR. This last one was new roof, hood, both quarter panels, 3 out of 4 doors, and half the truck bed cut off and welded back on..... So Instead of keeping it after it is repaired, I just ordered a new 2024 truck and will trade or sell my 2019 after I get the new truck. Hail sucks!

And what I did today was finish the list of the parts that I need to remove to swap over to the new truck.

Last edited:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Traded my truck in on this 24 CRV Hybrid Sport L......jk I did drive my truck to test drive it though. Fantastic little car though. Gonna be getting rid of my wife's van for this or one similar. Wife will drive it for a few years until it's paid off then I'll take it for my commuter. My little mazda is at 205,xxx miles. So we didn't want to be in a situation where we potentially have 3 car payments. I put 20k a yr on my commuter alone so it's well worth the gas savings. View attachment 167154
as a tech i'd say stay away from Honda CVT. Those will not last. We've seen tranny fail on those CVTs as soon as 100k miles multiple times.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't do anything to my truck, but watched a bunch of exhaust videos on YouTube and it sucks... they ALL sound the same in videos.

I wish I could find local guys with all the different exhausts to listen to.

I'm kinda thinking Proven Grounds muffler delete, but just don't know. I've got Flowmaster 40's on my Plymouth and my family kinda prefers to not ride with me.

I just want a little more growl, but nothing annoying from inside.
I'd get the flowmaster 40 just for that reason lol

nothing beats driving alone with music blasting and exhaust notes!

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to suggest the Magnaflow as well. I would of went that way again, if it wasn't for the deal I found on my Carven Full exhaust.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a quick acting electric or pressure activated exhaust cutout? I remember some of the spring loaded valved mufflers, and they never really took off. I wouldn't mind the stock quiet muffler day to day, and full noise when I go WOT. Ashamedly, it becomes the irritation horn. 😄

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a quick acting electric or pressure activated exhaust cutout? I remember some of the spring loaded valved mufflers, and they never really took off. I wouldn't mind the stock quiet muffler day to day, and full noise when I go WOT. Ashamedly, it becomes the irritation horn. 😄
With cutouts, it's not a matter of if they will fail, but when will they fail, and in what position.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the muffler delete but retained the resonators and it doesn’t sound bad at all in the inside of the cab. It comes to life when you get on the skinny pedal. I had a great muffler place local to me (Bucks County, PA) suggest this route when I went there looking to add a Magnaflow Dod 18” like I had on my 4th gen. He just cut out the stock muffler and welded in a straight pipe. No regrets for me. $120 out the door and done in under and hour.
That's kinda what I'm thinking. Keep the resonators.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With cutouts, it's not a matter of if they will fail, but when will they fail, and in what position.
😄 If they had decent bushings on the butterfly shaft with grease zerks, I'd hit them with a grease gun at LOF time.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
as a tech i'd say stay away from Honda CVT. Those will not last. We've seen tranny fail on those CVTs as soon as 100k miles multiple times.
Good to know! I wanted no part of the 1.5 w/ cvt. I did put a deposit down on a new crv hybrid though. Should be picking it up Saturday.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
We gifted our 2023 Honda Insight to my Sister-in-law and bought a 2023 CRV Hybrid just a few months ago. We really enjoy the new CRV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't do anything to my truck, but watched a bunch of exhaust videos on YouTube and it sucks... they ALL sound the same in videos.

I wish I could find local guys with all the different exhausts to listen to.

I'm kinda thinking Proven Grounds muffler delete, but just don't know. I've got Flowmaster 40's on my Plymouth and my family kinda prefers to not ride with me.

I just want a little more growl, but nothing annoying from inside.
I did the muffler delete and left the resonators, nice overall sound without being too loud inside. Personally I would go louder, but the wife would not ride in the truck if was that loud.

My personal preference is the FlowMaster 40 it gives a nice deep sound, but it can be a bit much at highway speeds.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the muffler delete and left the resonators, nice overall sound without being too loud inside. Personally I would go louder, but the wife would not ride in the truck if was that loud.

My personal preference is the FlowMaster 40 it gives a nice deep sound, but it can be a bit much at highway speeds.
Interesting... my Plymouth quiets down and cruises quite nicely on the highway. At idle though it sounds pretty gnarly... My wife hates when I let it idle in the garage. She says things fall of the shelves in the living room. 😄

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting... my Plymouth quiets down and cruises quite nicely on the highway. At idle though it sounds pretty gnarly... My wife hates when I let it idle in the garage. She says things fall of the shelves in the living room. 😄
Ooo I bet the Pl;ymouth sounds so nice! BB Mopar is some of the best-sounding V8's!

I had a 65' Newport with a 383, duel 3in exhaust and two 40 series Flowmasters, that damn thing was wicked at idle and highway speeds it was ok, but 55 or slower it could get a bit much.

I also had a 64 New Yorker with a 413, duel 2.5 inch exhaust with dual magna flows and iliked how it sounded, but it was too quiet.

My Dad still has his 2004 Ram HEMI with duel Flow Masters and 2.5 inch and it has too much drone at highway speeds.

Our 74' Dodge 440 has dual glass packs and it is rather tame, going to have make some changes :ROFLMAO:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ooo I bet the Pl;ymouth sounds so nice! BB Mopar is some of the best-sounding V8's!

I had a 65' Newport with a 383, duel 3in exhaust and two 40 series Flowmasters, that damn thing was wicked at idle and highway speeds it was ok, but 55 or slower it could get a bit much.

I also had a 64 New Yorker with a 413, duel 2.5 inch exhaust with dual magna flows and iliked how it sounded, but it was too quiet.

My Dad still has his 2004 Ram HEMI with duel Flow Masters and 2.5 inch and it has too much drone at highway speeds.

Our 74' Dodge 440 has dual glass packs and it is rather tame, going to have make some changes :ROFLMAO:
Well, mine is just a lowly Boat Anchor (318 LA), but it's bored 0.020" over with a Whiplash cam. I had a 440 to build, but thought it would tear my convertible in half.

raygun9

Reaction score
These are so much better than the original RC boards
I think so too I just need a side picture. The originals didn't cover the rocker panels at all thats why I have held off.. I've been looking at the AMPs but they are just to much..

Users who are viewing this thread