5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Added some core rear end links yesterday. Wish I didn’t go with the green. Oh well. One issue with them. It you use the factor nut that is attached to the frame using their new bolt it has play. However they do provide a large bolt and nut for the upper mounting location. Have to remove the nut that is tack welded on. For now I used the smaller bolt. Waiting for a cooler day and will tackle that. Since the rear is lifted 2inch I went with the 2inch lifted end links. These are the street series ones. Supper beefy. Almost wonder if they sent me the track series on accident.

8ae35886684114b3a4c8aa32f9659171.jpg

39cd4c8a1fd42403655034ee484a1d18.jpg

794300a8f81829c9fc5bb71c52b74dea.jpg

03d5a069081e4f0207975c023d17abd9.jpg
Nah man. They just sent you the wrong top bolt And/or wrong top sleeve. I went thru a bunch of hardware with Core for these. They have one that is the correct size and length. Give em a buzz or email and they’ll get the right ones out to you. I had the same exact problem with the first batch of hardware they sent. But when they fixed it, I used the captured nut and the right bolts when they sent em with 1 washer and it’s exactly the right length.

I actually have the sleeves for those bushings that you need if you can’t get em outta them, lemme know. I’ll give em to ya. You just push out the 12mm sleeves and push these new 10mm ones back in.

The Green does look cool tho! Jumps out!

Reactions: c3k

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nah man. They just sent you the wrong top bolt And/or wrong top sleeve. I went thru a bunch of hardware with Core for these. They have one that is the correct size and length. Give em a buzz or email and they’ll get the right ones out to you. I had the same exact problem with the first batch of hardware they sent. But when they fixed it, I used the captured nut and the right bolts when they sent em with 1 washer and it’s exactly the right length.

I actually have the sleeves for those bushings that you need if you can’t get em outta them, lemme know. I’ll give em to ya. You just push out the 12mm sleeves and push these new 10mm ones back in.

The Green does look cool tho! Jumps out!

Now that you say it. That makes sense. It is definitely the wrong sleeve. Thank you for the info. Ill shoot them a email.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now that you say it. That makes sense. It is definitely the wrong sleeve. Thank you for the info. Ill shoot them a email.
That's odd. I bought mine last year, and they sent me the correct stuff and made it sound like that's all they were going to ship going forward.

TalleyHo

Reaction score
The truck got the first wash and wax last night. And the rain dance worked - we got a little bit of rain here in North Texas. I added an Undercover Armor bed cover and Havoc HS2's today. Now, I just have to wait for these tires to wear down so I can lift it and ditch these god awful 22's.

This didn't come w/ running boards from the factory. Getting the nuts on those mounting studs gave the impact a work out. Good jump air compressor!

Perhaps some bed lights are in the not so distant future, but that is pocket change compared to the bed cover and bars.

Attachments

• IMG_2531.jpg
    IMG_2531.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2532.jpg
    IMG_2532.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 86

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Added some core rear end links yesterday. Wish I didn’t go with the green. Oh well. One issue with them. It you use the factor nut that is attached to the frame using their new bolt it has play. However they do provide a large bolt and nut for the upper mounting location. Have to remove the nut that is tack welded on. For now I used the smaller bolt. Waiting for a cooler day and will tackle that. Since the rear is lifted 2inch I went with the 2inch lifted end links. These are the street series ones. Supper beefy. Almost wonder if they sent me the track series on accident.

I had the right size bolts and sleeves, just they were too long. The washer provided took up the extra space. I later recieved a bunch of hardware from Hellwig for the end links and those fixed the issue with the bolts. Seems a hit and a miss with Core, but their customer service is pretty good. I was even missing the stickers in the original purchase and they sent me a while bunch of them a few days later.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the right size bolts and sleeves, just they were too long. The washer provided took up the extra space. I later recieved a bunch of hardware from Hellwig for the end links and those fixed the issue with the bolts. Seems a hit and a miss with Core, but their customer service is pretty good. I was even missing the stickers in the original purchase and they sent me a while bunch of them a few days later.
Oh, I forgot I had to add a washer too.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This didn't come w/ running boards from the factory. Getting the nuts on those mounting studs gave the impact a work out. Good jump air compressor!

It's because the studs have paint on them. A few of mine had so much paint on them, the nuts started to cross thread. I had to run a die over the threads to clean off the paint. If your impact wrench was struggling, you may have cross threaded some of them.

Duran

Reaction score
I finally got my Ram back after 10 weeks in dealer shop. Exhaust manifold, driveshaft and full rear axle replaced, as well as both side mirrors. Then put 275/65r20 recon grapplers(4ply) with some built to serve rims I polished up.
Love having my truck back, was way to long
What was the issue woth the axle

Duran

Reaction score
Added some chase lights. Or should I say, a state of the art tailgater deterrent system? 😂

Lights are Strands Siberia RP’s. They have the option to run either an amber or red DRL similar to how my A pillar lights have the amber or white DRL.

Brackets are a universal style chase light bracket made by GODZ MFG. These brackets have two mounting points per side and the design allows for both a light and antenna to be mounted if desired. I mainly went with these because they work with most tonneau covers on the market.

View attachment 165940
View attachment 165941
View attachment 165942
Annoying question. How was the install and where did you instal the switch

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Last week did an Amazon folding bed-step. Seems decent for $300 less than Mopar and essentially a copy. Yesterday I installed the SpeedForm Throttle Controller.

Steele713

Reaction score
What was the issue woth the axle
Axle failure. Had a whine coming from the back and a clicking sound. Thought it was a wheel bearing. They found metal shavings in diff, so when that happens they replace entire axle they said

WasatchBack

Reaction score

Offtopic here - but details on fitting a 35 in the spare location would be massively appreciated. Don't recall any posts on it.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Offtopic here - but details on fitting a 35 in the spare location would be massively appreciated. Don't recall any posts on it.
I think you’ll find people are doing one or more of these:
  1. Moving or removing the heat shield.
  2. Cutting down the inside of the hitch receiver
  3. Airing down the spare
I did the second and third, though airing down only made a small difference. This was enough to just barely fit my 34.6 diameter tire.

The other thing I did, shown in the third photo, is use a single hub centric wheel spacers to better fit the spare on the hanger.

(Incidentally, I debated getting 285/75R18 instead of 295/70R10. The math puts these at 34.8” and 34.3”, but Yokohama specs then at 35.1” and 34.6”. That extra half inch would have been tricky to fit, so I’m glad I went with 295.)

1693919006447.png
1693919134656.jpeg
1693919174761.jpeg

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's one.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Annoying question. How was the install and where did you instal the switch
Not annoying at all. Install was a breeze, but these particular brackets do require two small holes per side to be drilled into the bulkhead and they are held in place with rivets. Many look away for that reason, but I can tell you that they’re very secure.

I have these lights wired into my Auxbeam switch panel, so no separate switch or anything like that was used.

Here is the bracket install video from GODZ. Very straightforward install.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Last week did an Amazon folding bed-step. Seems decent for $300 less than Mopar and essentially a copy. Yesterday I installed the SpeedForm Throttle Controller.

It's not a copy, it's made out of cheap Chinese steel and it will rust. You can get the OEM step for $300 from your dealer with the 15% off coupon.

Users who are viewing this thread