5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Trail3n

Reaction score
So that driver side tail light is a model issue, eh?

I did mine a few weeks ago and there are tons of how-tos on YouTube showing the replacement.
Hey JamRam, I honestly didn’t look to see if it were a ram wide issue. I noticed it was out when unlocking vehicle and drivers light did not stay illuminated. Happy I made the switch as overall the lights are brighter and no issues this far. I did check out YouTube as I first took at the screws then noticed the plastic push clips needed to be removed as well. Straight forward install

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
New rims and tires and many new factory parts. So i have Probably 1 of the rarest, and love/hate colors out there for the Ram. Rugged brown pearlcoat. I changed the wheel package to a 275/65r10 116t recon grappler with some 20" built to serve rims that I polished. Great tires! 34"x11" 4ply.
Anyone seen or have a rugged brown pearlcoat?
Nitto told me these tires should be set to 30psi all the way around...sounds way to low. What ya guys think?
Truck color looks so different depending on sun or shade. Pretty cool.
Put a 2" level with the bilstein 5100s.
Has power steps, 12 uconnect with 360 view, self parking perpendicular or parallel, adaptive cruise, heated & cooled seats, blind spot, lane assist, axle lock, tow pkg, etorque, 392 gears with 26 gallon tank and spray in bed liner. Great truck...now. was in dealer shop for 10 weeks. Exhaust manifold leak, driveahaft failure and rear axle failure. Fixed exhaust manifold, replaced driveshat and entire axle. Also both side mirrors replaced due to not operating correctly. During the 10 weeks they put about 4 more door dings on truck besides the few I had. They said they would fix. They got their pointless dent guy to fix them, and to my surprise he fixed every ding on the truck. Have 58k on truck so all covered under 5yr/60k power train warranty(whew). My after market warranty took care of mirrors with a $100 deductible. $1000 each mirror due to camera, blind spot and heated(still unbelievable price for mirrors). When all was done the dealer said just sign, you owe nothing. I was very happy with that. Also they took car of rental cost for the full 10 weeks at a cost of $2500.
If I had to pay for all this would easily be over 10k. Have a brand new truck now and couldn't be happier.
So I rambled on, but initial questions were do you feel 30psi is to low for these tires, and has anyone seen or have a rugged brown pearlcoat(RBPC).
Been a crazy ride with this Ram, but all worked out great!
Nat the same size or brand, but I run my 35's at 30 psi rear and 35 psi front. Otherwise not getting full tread patch contact.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
New rims and tires and many new factory parts. So i have Probably 1 of the rarest, and love/hate colors out there for the Ram. Rugged brown pearlcoat. I changed the wheel package to a 275/65r10 116t recon grappler with some 20" built to serve rims that I polished. Great tires! 34"x11" 4ply.
Nitto told me these tires should be set to 30psi all the way around...sounds way to low. What ya guys think?
Has power steps, 12 uconnect with 360 view, self parking perpendicular or parallel, adaptive cruise, heated & cooled seats, blind spot, lane assist, axle lock, tow pkg, etorque, 392 gears with 26 gallon tank and spray in bed liner. Great truck...now. was in dealer shop for 10 weeks. Exhaust manifold leak, driveahaft failure and rear axle failure. Fixed exhaust manifold, replaced driveshat and entire axle. Also both side mirrors replaced due to not operating correctly. During the 10 weeks they put about 4 more door dings on truck besides the few I had. They said they would fix. They got their pointless dent guy to fix them, and to my surprise he fixed every ding on the truck. Have 58k on truck so all covered under 5yr/60k power train warranty(whew). My after market warranty took care of mirrors with a $100 deductible. $1000 each mirror due to camera, blind spot and heated(still unbelievable price for mirrors). When all was done the dealer said just sign, you owe nothing. I was very happy with that. Also they took car of rental cost for the full 10 weeks at a cost of $2500.
If I had to pay for all this would easily be over 10k. Have a brand new truck now and couldn't be happier.
So I rambled on, but initial questions were do you feel 30psi is to low for these tires, and has anyone seen or have a rugged brown pearlcoat(RBPC).

I saw the same color truck this morning. :ROFLMAO: It's not a color I would pick but yours looks great, especially with the BTS wheels and bigger tires.

Screenshot 2023-09-02 085441.png

I believe that's an XL rated tire?? I ran a similar sized, XL rated Ridge Grappler on my old Laramie at 40 psi. At 35 psi I was getting too much edge wear.

Last edited:

Steele713

Reaction score
I saw the same color truck this morning. :ROFLMAO: It's not a color I would pick but yours looks great, especially with the BTS wheels and bigger tires.

View attachment 166524

I believe that's an XL rated tire?? I ran a similar sized, XL rated Ridge Grappler on my old Laramie at 40 psi. At 35 psi I was getting too much sidewall. wear.
Lol, I get that from time to time on these forums "what can brown do for you" lol.
Like I said it is a love hate type color. Hard to find an accent color to go with it.
Tires don't specify xl, they are a 116T. Originals were a 114 XL, so these new nittos are rated for a little higher load, but still a T. I'm running at 35psi as 30 was to soft and ride was bad. Seem to have good full tread contact after doing a chalk test and feels way better too

Steele713

Reaction score

View attachment 166524

I believe that's an XL rated tire?? I ran a similar sized, XL rated Ridge Grappler on my old Laramie at 40 psi. At 35 psi I was getting too much sidewall. wear.
1 thing I do like is it is different and not just another white or black Ram running all over(tho I do like those colors too), just like that it's not seen at every turn.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Lol, I get that from time to time on these forums "what can brown do for you" lol.
Like I said it is a love hate type color. Hard to find an accent color to go with it.
Tires don't specify xl, they are a 116T. Originals were a 114 XL, so these new nittos are rated for a little higher load, but still a T. I'm running at 35psi as 30 was to soft and ride was bad. Seem to have good full tread contact after doing a chalk test and feels way better too

Yeah, those are the lighter weight tires. They don't specify an XL rating but all of the other 116 tires are XL rated. I think you'll get more even wear at 40 psi.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Idahoktm

Reaction score

View attachment 166524

I believe that's an XL rated tire?? I ran a similar sized, XL rated Ridge Grappler on my old Laramie at 40 psi. At 35 psi I was getting too much edge wear.

@Jako gave me a frowny face for this post. Damn, that's funny! :ROFLMAO:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love that color. My buddy had a '19 for several years. Nothing wrong just put a lot of hard miles on it. He's volunteer fire. Was chief for a while.

Burns1200

Reaction score
Got new tires installed this week Toyo Open Country A/T 3 285/60R20. I've read in posts on this forum that they would fit with no rubbing so I went with them, forgetting that I have 1.5 inch spacers and they definitely rub. Followed instructions on another post on this forum on how to gain more space and used some zipties to pull the fender liners back and all is good now also adjusted the speedo with AlphaOBD to get it reading correctly
PXL_20230831_221200230.jpg PXL_20230902_202324099.MP.jpg PXL_20230902_165531769.MP.jpg
PXL_20230902_202334401.MP.jpg

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I was smiling on the 1st frowny, laughing on the 2nd. Good to see more color options even when they are not top pics.
I agree. I actually like the Havoc but I don't think I could pull it off. Maybe if I was in my 30's. You have to be willing to go along with the jokes if you pick a color like that.

TrueNorth

Reaction score
Nope, not lowered - I think the angle I took the pictures is creating a bit of an optical illusion…the mud flaps have plenty of ground clearance.

Jako

Reaction score
I agree. I actually like the Havoc but I don't think I could pull it off. Maybe if I was in my 30's. You have to be willing to go along with the jokes if you pick a color like that.
I tend to go with the older age years, when you really don't give a flying F what people have to say. I keep my vehicles for the long term so I do have to live with a color. Silver works for me between blending dirt, scratches, dings, dents and fading on the long haul. But if I was to lease I could see me venture off the top pics.

Steele713

Reaction score
Got new tires installed this week Toyo Open Country A/T 3 285/60R20. I've read in posts on this forum that they would fit with no rubbing so I went with them, forgetting that I have 1.5 inch spacers and they definitely rub. Followed instructions on another post on this forum on how to gain more space and used some zipties to pull the fender liners back and all is good now also adjusted the speedo with AlphaOBD to get it reading correctly
View attachment 166558 View attachment 166559 View attachment 166561
View attachment 166563
I had bigger tires on my leveled laramie. Think 285/45r18(if memory serves. They were rebel rims. Was so close to the control arm I wasn't comfortable with that so I put 1 1/2" wheel spacer and that fixed that issue. I was coming from having 22s on the laramie. I had some rub with those bigger tire(just under 35"l. I fixed the rub by taking a heat gun and heating up the plastic and reshaping it. Hair dryer can work too. Much cleaner look than tie wraps and came out great with some patience and doing g a little at a time. Cold water helps to "freeze" the shape as you pushing plastic out. Use gloves, gets f-in hot

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 166558 View attachment 166559 View attachment 166561
View attachment 166563
What rims are those look great!

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Added some core rear end links yesterday. Wish I didn’t go with the green. Oh well. One issue with them. It you use the factor nut that is attached to the frame using their new bolt it has play. However they do provide a large bolt and nut for the upper mounting location. Have to remove the nut that is tack welded on. For now I used the smaller bolt. Waiting for a cooler day and will tackle that. Since the rear is lifted 2inch I went with the 2inch lifted end links. These are the street series ones. Supper beefy. Almost wonder if they sent me the track series on accident.

8ae35886684114b3a4c8aa32f9659171.jpg

39cd4c8a1fd42403655034ee484a1d18.jpg

794300a8f81829c9fc5bb71c52b74dea.jpg

03d5a069081e4f0207975c023d17abd9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread