5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly didn't noticed anything but in another thread somebody also mentioned there should be an arrow on one of the sides so I will recheck mine and I would be surprised if it doesn't fit your 22
yeah me too doesn't seem like a thing they'd change w/o a redesign... i'll probly just go grab one in the amazons and if theres any issues return it. And idk i've had one of these in the last 2 trucks and i always hated that they don't put the flow arrow on them... causing me to actually scratch one in with a utility knife... really so i keep putting it in the same way up once i pick a side haha... even tho, when its clean, its clean... probly that mild ocd creepin up again. 😅

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today?

Dropped it off at the local CDJR Service Drive, by appointment, only to be 'not looked at' over an 8 hour day for manifold tick on the passenger side (seems to do it on both, temps depending)

Yay Ram ownership!

Apexevo8

Reaction score
Just installed amp power steps and they are pretty nice. I still think it looks better without anything even though they are tucked away and not super noticeable, but my leather seats were started to crease from dragging *** on the bolsters so it’s a trade off.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Today?

Dropped it off at the local CDJR Service Drive, by appointment, only to be 'not looked at' over an 8 hour day for manifold tick on the passenger side (seems to do it on both, temps depending)

Yay Ram ownership!
It took 4 appts over the course of 9 months for mine to be fixed. Good luck.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't really do anything to it yet, but the Skeerdycat skid plate, I didn't actually mean to order, showed up yesterday. I was trying to check pricing and seeing if they added taxes, but was asking for payment information and had a box to click to finalize purchase, and i thought it was going to take me to another screen to make sure all my information was correct, and final total. But it checked me out. Disclaimer says all sales are final. And it's not like I haven't been wanting one, just hadn't pulled the trigger.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It took 4 appts over the course of 9 months for mine to be fixed. Good luck.
Yikes - I've been talking to the service manager via email for the past 2 years of issues (2 back windows, 1 steering rack, 1 MGU replacement) we know eachother too well honestly. I'm looking into Tundra towing capabilities at this point after this warranty runs dry.

Sitting in local cdjr letting them water test third break and rear window 😐
Best of luck - some dealers are better than others at this; Ive had 2 rear windows done; did you check for cracks? It's just part of car wash maintenance at this point for me to look with a flashlight

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't really do anything to it yet, but the Skeerdycat skid plate, I didn't actually mean to order, showed up yesterday. I was trying to check pricing and seeing if they added taxes, but was asking for payment information and had a box to click to finalize purchase, and i thought it was going to take me to another screen to make sure all my information was correct, and final total. But it checked me out. Disclaimer says all sales are final. And it's not like I haven't been wanting one, just hadn't pulled the trigger.
You shouldn't be trusted with guns....😵‍💫

Insanity

Reaction score

I have done that a lot usually at least 6 or 7 beers in and I'm too stupid to pay attention.

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do not think my wife would buy this excuse from me. :)

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yikes - I've been talking to the service manager via email for the past 2 years of issues (2 back windows, 1 steering rack, 1 MGU replacement) we know eachother too well honestly. I'm looking into Tundra towing capabilities at this point after this warranty runs dry.

Best of luck - some dealers are better than others at this; Ive had 2 rear windows done; did you check for cracks? It's just part of car wash maintenance at this point for me to look with a flashlight
Local dealer seems really good 👍, almost scary good, it's the break light (my assumption also as there is no crack on the window) covered on good will, as warranty expired on the 12th 🙂

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Test drove a scat p ack and a trx while I was waiting. I might need to get the happy ending. I want a trx and a demon 😈. That challenger was pure 'bad a$$'

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Local dealer seems really good 👍, almost scary good, it's the break light (my assumption also as there is no crack on the window) covered on good will, as warranty expired on the 12th 🙂
What dealer are you using? Might as well give them a shout out since they seem to be doing the right thing.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So, you had a break in the brake light? 🙄 FYI, you don't need to have a cracked window frame to have a leaky rear window.

choo_31

Reaction score
Added some grille lights…not sold on the 3, might add 2 more

Attachments

• C9C588F9-9477-411B-B8EE-630276826303.jpeg
    C9C588F9-9477-411B-B8EE-630276826303.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 83
  • F4753E66-3550-4EC5-9964-CFDEA214BD58.jpeg
    F4753E66-3550-4EC5-9964-CFDEA214BD58.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 843A5CBE-A438-4294-9453-B6C73A9D2B7A.jpeg
    843A5CBE-A438-4294-9453-B6C73A9D2B7A.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 86
  • 243EF968-E7BF-4250-9C6B-F143879044F3.jpeg
    243EF968-E7BF-4250-9C6B-F143879044F3.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 87

TSL

Reaction score
I fixed the dealer's mistakes yesterday ! Had an oil change done the other day. Asked them to _please_ clean up the underside of the truck, I really don't want oil splatters on my garage floor. I asked this because after my first oil change on the truck that is what happened. Oil all over the skid plate and they didn't clean it up, so it drained off onto my floor.
Service advisor made a note on the paperwork.... but alas, it still happened. Not a huge mess, ( see picture ) but still, why can't they get this right ? So I crawled under myself and saw that they had indeed done some cleaning up, but obviously they missed some. I didn't find any more, so it seemed this was what they missed.
Thing #2 : They rotated the tires for me. Half a mile down the road I get a low tire pressure chime on the cluster along with "inflate front tires to 55 PSI"
Since the Rebel has 55 front / 45 rear as the factory recommendation, it's going to complain otherwise. All they did was rotate the tires, they never checked the pressure clearly.
So when I got the survey in my email I brought up these points and said I'd like a call back from the service manager. Still waiting two days later.
I'll do a Google review on Monday if I haven't heard and see what happens !
These are only minor things and maybe I'm being nitpicky, but it just leaves me feeling like they rush and don't give attention to detail. I pay them money and still have to crawl under my truck and wipe up spilled oil and spend some time getting my tire pressure right.

Attachments

• OilOnGarageFloorAfterOilChange.jpg
    OilOnGarageFloorAfterOilChange.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread