5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I fixed the dealer's mistakes yesterday ! Had an oil change done the other day. Asked them to _please_ clean up the underside of the truck, I really don't want oil splatters on my garage floor. I asked this because after my first oil change on the truck that is what happened. Oil all over the skid plate and they didn't clean it up, so it drained off onto my floor.
Service advisor made a note on the paperwork.... but alas, it still happened. Not a huge mess, ( see picture ) but still, why can't they get this right ? So I crawled under myself and saw that they had indeed done some cleaning up, but obviously they missed some. I didn't find any more, so it seemed this was what they missed.
Thing #2 : They rotated the tires for me. Half a mile down the road I get a low tire pressure chime on the cluster along with "inflate front tires to 55 PSI"
Since the Rebel has 55 front / 45 rear as the factory recommendation, it's going to complain otherwise. All they did was rotate the tires, they never checked the pressure clearly.
So when I got the survey in my email I brought up these points and said I'd like a call back from the service manager. Still waiting two days later.
I'll do a Google review on Monday if I haven't heard and see what happens !
These are only minor things and maybe I'm being nitpicky, but it just leaves me feeling like they rush and don't give attention to detail. I pay them money and still have to crawl under my truck and wipe up spilled oil and spend some time getting my tire pressure right.
Yeah that’s ridiculous. That’s why I don’t let anybody touch my trucks except myself.

choo_31

Reaction score

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Made a reachin’ stick for my truck bed with an old hockey stick and an angle bracket. This was LONG over due!

8e54030ee43660ff51b916c2fa30a120.jpg

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Made a reachin’ stick for my truck bed with an old hockey stick and an angle bracket. This was LONG over due!

8e54030ee43660ff51b916c2fa30a120.jpg
I started using an old boat hook as my "fetching stick" years ago when it started taking more effort to jump up in the bed and the kids weren't around. A must have with a cap.
20221117_193446.jpg

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine just rolled her eyes at me. Interest free financing from PayPal for 6 months.

Funny, that’s sorta how I rebuilt my credit👏🏾
No interest payments, 6, 12, 24, 36 months. Pay it off in a couple of months. Did that for years on my Sweetwater Card. Probably $15k in gear across 10 years, never paid a dime in interest👍
Can never have too many of those!! View attachment 165080
Yessir, no such thing as too many guitars!
Kinda of an old pic. I really downsized my home studio over the last 6 months. Been loading my rig into a QC, too. My back thanks me every time we gig.
The Frankie isn’t mines, was setting it up for a friend when I took this pic. I do have a Striped series 5150 with the hockey puck headstock. Love that guitar. Bought the 2 Wolfgang’s the day he passed. Still sad…😞😢 IMG_0154.jpeg
IMG_0155.jpeg
There was also another wall of guitars that now sit in their cases.
I had GAS for years. Been downsizing recently and it feels good.

choo_31

Reaction score
It is an effect of the camera or are your signature lights brighter than stock?
They are brighter…when I upgraded to LED lighting I had these built with diode dynamics LED boards in them.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My goodies are stacking up, hopefully next weekend. Grabbed the Carven full exhaust w/ black tips, new in box for under 50%. Maxtrac 2" rear leveling coils got delivered other day.

Grabbing this weekend the Mopar CAI and Edge Pulsar for under 50% and the Pedal Commander for $100 as well. I loves me some great deals!! I don't want to custom tune or spend the cost. I ran the Pulsar on my 4th Gen and worked great!! Ordered some LED for rear cargo lamp. Should be a good start..... for now.

Fbird

Reaction score
I have finally figured out the stereo upgrade plan of attack! Most components are on my shelf (I hoard stuff) but connectivity to this modern high tech mess is such a PITA.
PLAN:
2 pr Pioneer 6x9's for doors
12" skar box (needs modifications)
12" pioneer sub
Kenwood KAC-X40 amp for doors
MTX 1000.1 for the sub
APH-CH01 harness
PAC LPA-E.4 converter
more stuff......
then JAM TIME!

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm the same way about hoarding. I have almost everything for the stereo install from previous vehicle that never got installed before totaling it.

PAC Audio
Audio Control D-4.800
Audio Control LC-1.1500
Focal 3 way front
Focal 2 way rear ( not sure if using yet, previous vehicle had setup for 2 ways )
2 12" JL Audio 12W3v3-4

Still need to figure out the box for the JL Audio NET Audio or Fox Acoustics.....

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My goodies are stacking up, hopefully next weekend. Grabbed the Carven full exhaust w/ black tips, new in box for under 50%. Maxtrac 2" rear leveling coils got delivered other day.

Grabbing this weekend the Mopar CAI and Edge Pulsar for under 50% and the Pedal Commander for $100 as well. I loves me some great deals!! I don't want to custom tune or spend the cost. I ran the Pulsar on my 4th Gen and worked great!! Ordered some LED for rear cargo lamp. Should be a good start..... for now.
Where are you finding these deals?

GeePee77

Reaction score
I fixed the dealer's mistakes yesterday ! Had an oil change done the other day. Asked them to _please_ clean up the underside of the truck, I really don't want oil splatters on my garage floor. I asked this because after my first oil change on the truck that is what happened. Oil all over the skid plate and they didn't clean it up, so it drained off onto my floor.
Service advisor made a note on the paperwork.... but alas, it still happened. Not a huge mess, ( see picture ) but still, why can't they get this right ? So I crawled under myself and saw that they had indeed done some cleaning up, but obviously they missed some. I didn't find any more, so it seemed this was what they missed.
Thing #2 : They rotated the tires for me. Half a mile down the road I get a low tire pressure chime on the cluster along with "inflate front tires to 55 PSI"
Since the Rebel has 55 front / 45 rear as the factory recommendation, it's going to complain otherwise. All they did was rotate the tires, they never checked the pressure clearly.
So when I got the survey in my email I brought up these points and said I'd like a call back from the service manager. Still waiting two days later.
I'll do a Google review on Monday if I haven't heard and see what happens !
These are only minor things and maybe I'm being nitpicky, but it just leaves me feeling like they rush and don't give attention to detail. I pay them money and still have to crawl under my truck and wipe up spilled oil and spend some time getting my tire pressure right.
This happened to me too (at a dealership in SoCal)! Your story is word for word an account of my experience as well. I complained to the service manager, got a complimentary oil change for the next service. After the next/free oil change, I ended up installing the valvomax drain valve. I have done every oil change myself since. Super easy to do and I don’t worry anymore about a tech that either doesn’t know what their doing or are too lazy to clean up the mess they made. The peace of mind of it being done right is worth my time and labor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread