5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Made an appt at the dealer today to have this corrosion on my drivers door inspected for possible warranty coverage.

Corrosion starting at 45k miles doesn’t really give me the warm and fuzzies for long term durability…

My symptoms are spot on with those spelled out in Tsb 31-002-22

38d39eedcb7441d1c9c370b4f221057a.jpg

78953feb0ced86b52307e58f8a1fc08f.jpg
I don't know because of the TSB, but generally, corrosion warranty only covers actual rust through.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know because of the TSB, but generally, corrosion warranty only covers actual rust through.

The 5 yr warranty verbiage says cosmetic corrosion is covered on a case by case. Because this is inside my door jamb (out of the elements), and the exact same issue as the TSB, I’m hopeful they’ll agree that this is a manufacturing defect and not something caused by a rock chip or something.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The 5 yr warranty verbiage says cosmetic corrosion is covered on a case by case. Because this is inside my door jamb (out of the elements), and the exact same issue as the TSB, I’m hopeful they’ll agree that this is a manufacturing defect and not something caused by a rock chip or something.
That's why I said it could be different with TSB. I know of a few denied under normal circumstances, because they only cover actual holes.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cabin air filter. And wash.
This one didn't have directional arrow to indicate air flow. I think it didn't matter but it made sense to me to insert it the same way as the oem. K&n logo on the outside.
I’ve been wondering if anything’s different for the 22’s and up for these. k&n still hasn’t updated their site to say these fit. But I can’t imagine it’s different.

So does it not have that little nubby handle on it anymore on one side? That was the way to tell which end faces out on the older ones.

Last edited:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We start up here at the end of the month. I skate with and coach both my kids in their respective divisions, and it's the best time of the year for me. I truly enjoy it way more than I thought I ever would. Everything except the signup fees and equipment costs :oops: I'd probably have my truck paid off by now if it wasn't for all the money I've given Bauer and CCM. :LOL:
Hahah for real!! And yeah skating with him was always the most fun I’ve had. Esp when he got better and could start deeking by me when I wouldn’t expect it. Haha you know how that is, you got burned, but.. that’s ma BOY right there!!

Haha and yeah it got even more expensive when my wife wanted to start playing. 2 adults worth of gear (cuz I still played Men’s/beer league at that point) plus most of the kiddo’s ery year cuz he’d outgrow stuff in what seemed like 5 mins. 😅 I miss those days, He stopped playing in recent years and does track now which, while it’s not my bag, there is SIGNIFICANTLY less gear needed. 😂

1692100553513.jpeg

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We start up here at the end of the month. I skate with and coach both my kids in their respective divisions, and it's the best time of the year for me. I truly enjoy it way more than I thought I ever would. Everything except the signup fees and equipment costs :oops: I'd probably have my truck paid off by now if it wasn't for all the money I've given Bauer and CCM. :LOL:
I'm right there with you. I coach my youngest (mite AA) and assist with my oldest (sq AA). We are literally just middle men for rerouting funds from our employers to our hockey club. But I agree, we've been counting down the days for Fall to get here. Even though spring and summer were pretty busy there's nothing like the craziness of hockey season! Good luck!

35fcaac144188c45decf89e5dae3496e.jpg

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hahah for real!! And yeah skating with him was always the most fun I’ve had. Esp when he got better and could start deeking by me when I wouldn’t expect it. Haha you know how that is, you got burned, but.. that’s ma BOY right there!!

Haha and yeah it got even more expensive when my wife wanted to start playing. 2 adults worth of gear (cuz I still played Men’s/beer league at that point) plus most of the kiddo’s ery year cuz he’d outgrow stuff in what seemed like 5 mins. 😅 I miss those days, He stopped playing in recent years and does track now which, while it’s not my bag, there is SIGNIFICANTLY less gear needed. 😂

View attachment 165188
I'm right there with you. I coach my youngest (mite AA) and assist with my oldest (sq AA). We are literally just middle men for rerouting funds from our employers to our hockey club. But I agree, we've been counting down the days for Fall to get here. Even though spring and summer were pretty busy there's nothing like the craziness of hockey season! Good luck!

35fcaac144188c45decf89e5dae3496e.jpg
Ha that's awesome! Cool to see other dads enjoying the game with their kids like I do. My son is first year pee wee and my daughter is first year mite (12u and 8u). I assistant coach both. I haven't played since college when I did men's league as a goalie. My son's head coach has recruited me this year though to play some Wednesday night games though, so that should be fun. The only problem is we live 40 minutes from the rink, and we'll be there at least 4-5 times a week. I joked with my wife that we should just rent a house closer to the barn ha.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ha that's awesome! Cool to see other dads enjoying the game with their kids like I do. My son is first year pee wee and my daughter is first year mite (12u and 8u). I assistant coach both. I haven't played since college when I did men's league as a goalie. My son's head coach has recruited me this year though to play some Wednesday night games though, so that should be fun. The only problem is we live 40 minutes from the rink, and we'll be there at least 4-5 times a week. I joked with my wife that we should just rent a house closer to the barn ha.
Haha that’s the ONLY thing I don’t miss about either. ice times. His were mostly sat/sun 7am in east jabib or whereverTF. 😂 mine were that same 40-ish mins from the house. But like 10pm or even 11 a couple times. Those next days were ruff gettin up at 4 or 5.

I ended up getting clobbered by a 250+ lb noob who “couldn’t stop” and hurt my back pretty bad since it was an uncoordinated hit. so I haven’t played organized games since then. Too bad too cuz it was a great workout, and usually alot of fun. But at my level of Men’s league (which is I played thru HS but not good enuff for college so maybe C/D haha) you get varying levels of ability. I can skate and play but I wasn’t a super star. The biggest problem is you get peeps that “always wanted to try it” in that league and they’re essentially learning 2 sports at once cuz they can’t skate either. So body control and being able to trust the other player isn’t always a thing. I have to be able to go to work the next day. 😅🤕

But yeah between his games and mine I felt like I lived there. 🤣😂😅

biggggant

Reaction score
Over the weekend I started my sound system improvement plan. Kenwood 6903 up front and a pair of 694 in the rear with fox audio box under the rear seat with 2 jl w1 10s and a kenwood 802-5 5 channel amp and you can also see one of the 2 swing cases that I installed a few months ago since I was loosing my underseat storage
1692106622227.png

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update to my corrosion issue.

Good news is Ram is covering the repairs.

Bad news is my appt is May 2024 which seems crazy to me…

Truck has 45k miles and the drivers door is bubbling. The 5 yr corrosion warranty is covering the repairs.

Dealer said it’s a first for them but must be common enough because there’s a TSB 31-002-22 explain the exact issue I’m having.

e8fb2702eb30d75fe316f41ddff55218.jpg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update to my corrosion issue.

Good news is Ram is covering the repairs.

Bad news is my appt is May 2024 which seems crazy to me…

Truck has 45k miles and the drivers door is bubbling. The 5 yr corrosion warranty is covering the repairs.

Dealer said it’s a first for them but must be common enough because there’s a TSB 31-002-22 explain the exact issue I’m having.

e8fb2702eb30d75fe316f41ddff55218.jpg
May 2024??? What the actual #%^@?

Do they really have appointments booked in April 2024? And March 2024?

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
May 2024??? What the actual #%^@?

Do they really have appointments booked in April 2024? And March 2024?

I’m as surprised as you. You’d think once you get 2-3 months out maybe you’d try and work with another body shop.

I can’t say with certainty I’ll even have my ram by spring of next year let alone be ready for the body shop appt. Lol

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been wondering if anything’s different for the 22’s and up for these. k&n still hasn’t updated their site to say these fit. But I can’t imagine it’s different.

So does it not have that little nubby handle on it anymore on one side? That was the way to tell which end faces out on the older ones.
I honestly didn't noticed anything but in another thread somebody also mentioned there should be an arrow on one of the sides so I will recheck mine and I would be surprised if it doesn't fit your 22

Fbird

Reaction score
NO.... my truck has ZERO non-stereo USB plugs (aka data plugs) I will need to install 2 rear plugs and 1 on passenger front ALL for charging ONLY. Trim is 21 BH

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/