5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Davidbt

Reaction score
My wife is finally figuring this out. She's happy with her JLU just the way it is. I think most women are like that. We split the house bills down the middle, I always tell her as long as I'm not taking away from my responsibilities, I'm going to do things to my truck and Jeep. She doesn't have to understand.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's a genuine carbon fiber overlay, no vinyl.
Its doesn't replace the factory parts, you just stick it on.
There is a guy on the TRX forums that made a TRX specific kit. It was an actual replacement kit instead of stick ons but the price tag was about 5-6k o_O
i see.
i can see why the replacement kit is expensive though... real carbon fiber do go that much, but 5-6K is just insane unless he does everything by hand and is 100% made in USA.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my truck the fall of '20 as a new ordered '21. I usually pull the steering wheel out for an aggressive nascar type close hold. My daughter drove it yesterday and so I had to readjust everything. Went to pull the steering wheel out and felt a little tightness and the thing came out 3"! Musta been dried grease on the slides or wiring bundle hanging up; I've never got the thing all the way out before. Nice!

It's the little things... :giggle:

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
42,000 Miles, Did 7500 miles last month alone around Northeast, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland so I figured it was time to not just wash the truck but also do 2-step with clay bar, polishing and a light ceramic coating. Shop charged $650 (way cheaper than in the northeast) and it was 2 guys from 8AM - 2PM working on the truck. The leather seats were getting super dry so they spent a considerable amount of time restoring the leather and making it super supple again. It feels like a brand new truck.

53107407997_b3e163e87f_b.jpg
53108185019_eb7d02168e_b.jpg
53107407662_b82316abe7_b.jpg
53107975586_a46d95312d_b.jpg
53107407307_4cdffd3b0e_b.jpg
53108184709_b57def38ee_b.jpg

also my first kid arrives in November so UV + water resistant coating on all leather & carpets. Obviously front & rear seats are perforated so nothing can be done about that but this was the last deep cleaning before I literally get to crumble up thousands of Cheerios and throw them all around the back of the truck forever.
You're a newbie, so we'll forgive your jumping of the gun. But the baby will be fine for the first few months when breast and bottle are all that matters.

What is about to go very quickly is storage options. Baby wipes and diapers shall be found in every crevice and I suggest you keep bottled oils and and lotions in ziplock bags for added protection.

Also, if you think the bed of your truck was huge, you're about to find out how much space a stroller and other baby equipment eat up.

It's gonna be a heck of a ride though....inhale every second of it cuz it flies by in a flash.

Oh, and have fun with your new wife. The one you have now will cease to exist when baby arrives....for better or for worse. You gonna have to learn her all over again while you're relearning yourself and your newest money pit (the baby). 😆

Fun times ahead bro....fun times!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
also my first kid arrives in November so UV + water resistant coating on all leather & carpets. Obviously front & rear seats are perforated so nothing can be done about that but this was the last deep cleaning before I literally get to crumble up thousands of Cheerios and throw them all around the back of the truck forever.

I have seen some seat cover options for our trucks that actually look pretty nice. Might at least be a nice option for the back seat - when the time comes. Like @JamRam said, it will actually be a bit before Cheerios becomes a concern. But, it won't be long at all before Baby Barf (and other fluids) IS a concern...

Good luck, man! :D

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like some of you all married the wrong women. As long as bills get paid, and it doesn't put us in a bad situations my wife doesn't care what I spend on my/our vehicles..
I’m the bread winner in my family. My wife hasn’t had to work for 26 years.
I know where all the money goes so I have to control of what I can spend without causing an issue. She has credit cards and bank cards and access to all accounts. Except of course, my fun money cash. This is cash I make on the side buying and reselling stuff. My so called “Hobby”
Although, I do tell her when I’m going to make a big purchase like a car, or boat, or RV. She gripes a bit but she knows I have always made money on what I buy.
Here’s some examples that make her twitch a bit. Bought and sold 3 high end cars and 4 boats in the last year. She wants to keep and use this RV.
She might get to keep that for the summer! LOL
There’s always something new or different in my driveway. I can only imagine what the neighbours think!
IMG_6366.png IMG_2123.jpeg IMG_4930.jpeg

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like some of you all married the wrong women. As long as bills get paid, and it doesn't put us in a bad situations my wife doesn't care what I spend on my/our vehicles..
My wife works, but never cared much about the money. It's the time I used to spend playing with cars. Now that we have kids I realize what's more important.

I lost my mom over the weekend, and immediately thought back to sitting on her couch a few years back, while she was busy in the kitchen. I told myself then to soak it all in, because it won't be long till it's all just a memory.

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife works, but never cared much about the money. It's the time I used to spend playing with cars. Now that we have kids I realize what's more important.

I lost my mom over the weekend, and immediately thought back to sitting on her couch a few years back, while she was busy in the kitchen. I told myself then to soak it all in, because it won't be long till it's all just a memory.
My condolences for your loss. I am sure you are grateful for those memories of her.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Sorry for your loss

Geddyflea

Reaction score

I am truly sorry. There is nothing that can be said or done to help in a time of passing.

Last edited:

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I'm sorry to hear that Belvedere. Cherish those memories.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

My sympathies.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Sorry for your loss.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My condolences for your loss of your Mom. Both my parents are gone.

I‘ve always worked a lot but never once missed any of my kids Xmas concerts, parent/teacher reviews, music lessons, or graduations.
I never had that growing up and I swore I would do things differently.
“I spent too much time with my kids”…..said No One Ever!
Now, I’m just about to look after my wife’s parents who are 87 and 84.
You do what you have to for family. You never know when things will change.
Never live with regret.

seansmd

Reaction score

Condolences, your words are wise changes how we look at things for sure.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

sorry for your loss.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
after all the losses I've gone through (both natural causes and not-so-natural causes) I learned to make each day count.

Go see things you always want to see, visit places you always want to visit, spend time with people you always want to spend time with, and experience the experiences that you always want to try. Don't waste your time on other people's ******** and don't involve in other people's ********. Don't let money be the roadblock that prevent you from living life; money will always return but time gone will not.

Life's too short and too unpredictable.

Users who are viewing this thread