5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Insanity

Reaction score
Y'all are making me glad I am no longer chained down... My X would have murdered me if she knew how much I have dumped into my POS10 this year and will dump more into later. Let's not even get into the rams truck note a month man-o-man it would be a argument every month when it had to be paid.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just a perpetual scaredy cat but I NEVER do any major work JUST before a long road trip. I like to do at least 100km around town before I head out, just to be sure everything is legit.

I even try to time my oil changes accordingly. Doesn't always work, but.....
same. we actually refuse non-necessary work if customer say they're going on a long trip right after the job's done unless they can put a hundred or more miles before heading out.
changing tires, yes. Doing lift, no. Brakes, depends on how much is left. Oil change, no unless the oil is nearing or over 10k miles or is really really black at dipstick.

This is to ensure if anything was to go wrong, it'd go wrong while in town instead of somewhere far. Sometimes replacement part fail, sometimes **** happens.

and most of our customers bring their vehicles in for pre-trip inspection free of charge where we check fluid level, check all nuts and bolts of stuff that we've touched before, torque wheels, check brakes, check bulbs, check tire pressures.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
My wife already calls my truck “The Mistress” cause I spend more time with it and more money on it.
My wife used to call my old car the Christmas Ornament, it only got pulled out of the garage once the last 6 months I owned it and that was to give it a good wash and wax for the For Sale pictures

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What kind of shifting detail are you looking for? Shift points are a little bit higher, firmer, and passing gear is more efficient.
The torque management is so soft and long on mine it really is a disappointment trying to WOT accelerate. I'm hoping that a tuner can lower the time and firm the shift, regardless of the etorque.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The torque management is so soft and long on mine it really is a disappointment trying to WOT accelerate. I'm hoping that a tuner can lower the time and firm the shift, regardless of the etorque.
For my truck 2/3 throttle gives the best results, then full throttle once it hits ~3900-4000 rpm, otherwise you get an extra unnecessary downshift. It seems to "fool" the torque management or keep it to a minimum. Another method I like is pre-down shifting before mashing the gas

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have to say that mine was never really all that bad, but it is definitely firmer and quicker now than it was before.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
Sounds like some of you all married the wrong women. As long as bills get paid, and it doesn't put us in a bad situations my wife doesn't care what I spend on my/our vehicles..
I think its all in good jest for the most part, I have a spending budget every month (self imposed) because our ultimate goal is to retire super early to travel the world together. Plus she knows the things I will do without in order to be able to spend 30k at one time, she is the hall monitor to insure I am not surviving on one 7/11 hot dog a day

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think the ex was the one spending the money, because I live better now, on my fixed income, than I did working 50 - 60 hours a week. I pay my mortgage, my girlfriend pays hers, and life is good.
I'm definitely better off than I was with my ex-wife. Even when I was paying $1200/mo child support I had more money in my pocket at the end of every month than I did when we were married

CaliRebel

Reaction score
is that full on trim replacement or vinyl?
It's a genuine carbon fiber overlay, no vinyl.
Its doesn't replace the factory parts, you just stick it on.
There is a guy on the TRX forums that made a TRX specific kit. It was an actual replacement kit instead of stick ons but the price tag was about 5-6k o_O

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
42,000 Miles, Did 7500 miles last month alone around Northeast, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland so I figured it was time to not just wash the truck but also do 2-step with clay bar, polishing and a light ceramic coating. Shop charged $650 (way cheaper than in the northeast) and it was 2 guys from 8AM - 2PM working on the truck. The leather seats were getting super dry so they spent a considerable amount of time restoring the leather and making it super supple again. It feels like a brand new truck.

53107407997_b3e163e87f_b.jpg
53108185019_eb7d02168e_b.jpg
53107407662_b82316abe7_b.jpg
53107975586_a46d95312d_b.jpg
53107407307_4cdffd3b0e_b.jpg
53108184709_b57def38ee_b.jpg

also my first kid arrives in November so UV + water resistant coating on all leather & carpets. Obviously front & rear seats are perforated so nothing can be done about that but this was the last deep cleaning before I literally get to crumble up thousands of Cheerios and throw them all around the back of the truck forever.

Users who are viewing this thread