5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hellwig swaybar - middle setting.
Didn't have a hex socket but a torx t50 did the trick.
The pass thru 18 mm socket came in handy.
Didn't use the washers that came with the kit because it would not sit flush againts the bushings bracket. Other sockets use 8mm, 15 mm
Will finally be able to remove this mod from my pending future mods

Attachments

• 20230802_223107.jpg
    20230802_223107.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 20230802_222653.jpg
    20230802_222653.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20230802_222152.jpg
    20230802_222152.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 84

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't use the washers that came with the kit because it would not sit flush againts the bushings bracket. Other sockets use 8mm, 15 mm
Waiting to hear if you're singing the same song as the rest of the choir....

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did u get your sway bar from that was on sale? Did u have to purchase new brackets and bushings as well?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did u get your sway bar from that was on sale? Did u have to purchase new brackets and bushings as well?
Bushings and brackets come with the sway bar. Here is the link. I have ordered from here in the pass. For some reason i never get an update on tracking but they are fast, i got it in 2 days. You can use the code SUMMER23 for a 5% discount.
A lot of Other big sites have it on sale as well.
Amazon, walmart, realtruck, 4wheelparts, etc

Insanity

Reaction score
I have a Creality CR-10 Mini. I could probably fix the issue with some tuning, but I'm lazy, and try to avoid supports. I'm also using a really old version of Cura. It's always prompting me to update. I really should.

Sure, don't mind sharing. IGES, STL?

What printer do you have?

STL please I am currently using an anycibic viper which is my 3rd printer. I wore out my first two.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Waiting to hear if you're singing the same song as the rest of the choir....
Lol i hope its more smiles per corner.
And it seems like a sure bet, you hardly find a bad review. These never come up for sale from a regret buy. Only when somebody trades their truck but not often.
I have been hesitant or skeptical for 2 years and the cost increase help me stay off it. So time to see

Jason605

Reaction score
Lol i hope its more smiles per corner.
And it seems like a sure bet, you hardly find a bad review. These never come up for sale from a regret buy. Only when somebody trades their truck but not often.
I have been hesitant or skeptical for 2 years and the cost increase help me stay off it. So time to see
Same here Mine arrives tomorrow @ $257.00 I couldn't pass it up. Hoping the ride is better on the uneven country roads.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put a Helwig on my '19. It was a very nice upgrade. I generally corner at higher speeds than the average bear and the improved stability was nice.

I got pulled over by a VA state trooper (or maybe he was Prince William County police?) once. He was behind me going into an offramp that was a somewhat sharp curve. He pulled me over because he said he was SURE he was going to be pulling me out of the weeds because I didn't slow down at all from the Interstate as I went through the curve. He then raved about how amazing the handling on my truck was to be able to run that offramp curve at that speed. Asked what I'd done to get it to handle like that (nothing but the Helwig). Then he just told me to slow down and sent me on my way. LOL!

I traded for my '21, which is stock, and I can't tell hardly any difference from the '19 with Helwig.

I posted this thought before and someone responded that RAM appears to have changed the stock sway bar between '19 and my truck. I don't know. What I do know is that I've put 27K miles on my '21 now and not missing the Helwig at all.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I put a Helwig on my '19. It was a very nice upgrade. I generally corner at higher speeds than the average bear and the improved stability was nice.

I got pulled over by a VA state trooper (or maybe he was Prince William County police?) once. He was behind me going into an offramp that was a somewhat sharp curve. He pulled me over because he said he was SURE he was going to be pulling me out of the weeds because I didn't slow down at all from the Interstate as I went through the curve. He then raved about how amazing the handling on my truck was to be able to run that offramp curve at that speed. Asked what I'd done to get it to handle like that (nothing but the Helwig). Then he just told me to slow down and sent me on my way. LOL!

I traded for my '21, which is stock, and I can't tell hardly any difference from the '19 with Helwig.

I posted this thought before and someone responded that RAM appears to have changed the stock sway bar between '19 and my truck. I don't know. What I do know is that I've put 27K miles on my '21 now and not missing the Helwig at all.
If you limited has the air suspension, then that's the difference. But you would still benefit from installing the Hellwig on your 21.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This sucks. I've had my Hellwig for a week, but I can't install it because I'm still recovering from spine surgery, and I'm not allowed lift (or push or pull) more than 10 lbs. for another 3 MONTHS! I may have to recruit my SIL.
Yea for sure have your SIL handle it, it would just be 15 minutes or so of his time - I have been dealing with lower back pain myself for the last 2 weeks but felt great the last 2 days. woke up a little stiff today - I am not aging well lol, don't get enough sleep and a no medicine, walk it off king of guy - already paying for it

Scion

Reaction score
Yea for sure have your SIL handle it, it would just be 15 minutes or so of his time - I have been dealing with lower back pain myself for the last 2 weeks but felt great the last 2 days. woke up a little stiff today - I am not aging well lol, don't get enough sleep and a no medicine, walk it off king of guy - already paying for it
I hear ya. The cumulative damage from all the youthful carelessness is catching up. The sad thing is that I feel like I could do it with no trouble at all. But if I do the wrong thing and damage what they just fixed, I'll be starting all over. It's not worth all that. Besides, the SIL would benefit from learning to do more jobs like this.

Insanity

Reaction score
I hear ya. The cumulative damage from all the youthful carelessness is catching up. The sad thing is that I feel like I could do it with no trouble at all. But if I do the wrong thing and damage what they just fixed, I'll be starting all over. It's not worth all that. Besides, the SIL would benefit from learning to do more jobs like this.
Ffs my dumb *** was.thinking your sister in law was a mechanic lol.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I did see a comment or two about a possible revision to the oem sway bar but nothing really concrete. I will say that I didn't felt as much weight difference between the two
as others have mentioned. I started on the middle hole but have a feeling I will have to move to the firmest setting to really feel the difference

Users who are viewing this thread

• TSL