5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I feel the same way with my Z950. I couldn't justify big money for a toy, so I took a chance. Highly impressed for the money. Only issues I had were some small coolant leaks. Tightened up some hose clamps and I've been good to go.
Yup. I’ll second that. I think other than regular maintenance the only things I ever “replaced” were the temp sensor on the radiator and a couple of bottles that got sheered during “normal use” aka “let me try this…” 🤣😂 but hey, if you’re not burning your machine every now and again, you’re not enjoying it as much as you could. Amirite? 😅.

But those parts were readily available too I noticed. other than that it’s all aluminum and stainless where it should be, powder coated steel where it should be etc. you can even tell where they took their design influence when you look under them. IMO the front end of the Cforce looks like a Polaris and then back end looks like my old can-am haha.

397STROKER

Reaction score
So did the install of the rear UCA/LCA and pan hard bar from Core 4x4. Man, breaking those control arm bolt torques was something else. 🥵🥵

View attachment 160719 View attachment 160720 View attachment 160721
Plenty of support from Core when I needed it, tho.

Everything went as planned except for the sway bar end links. Evidently some of our trucks have a welded nut on the frame end and some don’t. And the factory bolt for that welded nut is smaller than the hardware they include and too small for the bushing sleeve in the end link so there’s a lot of slop. When I talked to them, they did know that but hadn’t included a smaller bolt and a supplemental sleeve for the new end link. So they sent those out today. Excellent support, communication and service from these guys. 👍🏼
Funny, my end links from 4x4 came with the smaller sleeves and bolts. I had to press the smaller sleeves in but no big deal. pay attention to the orientation of the end-link as it is angled slightly.

GARebel19

Reaction score
I’ll tell you what. When I bought this I had a Can-Am outlander 800 XT. those are, like other big brands, like 12k new. I saw this CF for $8995 new and it came standard with EPS, a 3500 lb winch, front and rear racks, Rear handles, 14” wheels, locking diffs, 2” hitch receiver, and a few parts were familiar to other brands like the CVTECH. And they’re built in the states. and when I looked at it, EVERYONE was like “Dude, you get what you pay for, it’ll be trash”

I took the plunge, they gave me $4k for the Can-am and I never looked back. Put probably 400 miles on it (my trips weren’t usually less than 50 miles for a day trip, maybe a 100+ for a weekend.) and of the maybe 4 big group trips I took it on it was one of the ONLY quads in the group we DIDN’T have to stop for cuz it was having issues. Haha

So at the beginning of those trips it was “oh CFMOTO, huh? 🙄” and at the end of them some of the guys would be like. “So… CFMOTO, huh 🤔🤔🤔

I dug it. Hadn’t used it in a while so I sold it, but when it’s time again (maybe for a SXS) I’ll be going CFMOTO. No question.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I keep looking at them. Wouldn't be something that I would be able to ride that often which is why I don't want to spend $12K on one. Every now and then I see a slightly used one come up for sale for around 7-8. Maybe one day.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I swapped out all 6 stick speakers with new speakers. dash are infinity model REF-2032cfx and all four doors with JBL 9631f Wow what a difference. Still working with the equalizer to get them in perfect tone. However, these are all 3 ohms speakers, which has really made the stock system sound loud and great I am happy purchased from crutchfield Which btw I purchased my fist car stereo from them in 1978 for my 1969 mustang.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I swapped out all 6 stick speakers with new speakers. dash are infinity model REF-2032cfx and all four doors with JBL 9631f Wow what a difference. Still working with the equalizer to get them in perfect tone. However, these are all 3 ohms speakers, which has really made the stock system sound loud and great I am happy purchased from crutchfield Which btw I purchased my fist car stereo from them in 1978 for my 1969 mustang.
Damn!!

My mom wasn't even at legal drinking age in '78.🤦‍♂️

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup. I’ll second that. I think other than regular maintenance the only things I ever “replaced” were the temp sensor on the radiator and a couple of bottles that got sheered during “normal use” aka “let me try this…” 🤣😂 but hey, if you’re not burning your machine every now and again, you’re not enjoying it as much as you could. Amirite? 😅.

But those parts were readily available too I noticed. other than that it’s all aluminum and stainless where it should be, powder coated steel where it should be etc. you can even tell where they took their design influence when you look under them. IMO the front end of the Cforce looks like a Polaris and then back end looks like my old can-am haha.
I'm a firm believer that regular maintenance and not constantly beating on your equipment goes a long way. Don't get me wrong, I still play around, but I'm careful doing so. So many people back their sxs / truck/ car whatever out of the garage cold, and then hammer it down the road and wonder why things break ha.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last night, spent some time and removed the rear seats as the truck is going in for the rear window replacement. Gave me a good opportunity to clean, lots of dog hair....:rolleyes:

Also the dealer is going to work on getting the sunroof work button up, as they missed a few things....

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Funny, my end links from 4x4 came with the smaller sleeves and bolts. I had to press the smaller sleeves in but no big deal. pay attention to the orientation of the end-link as it is angled slightly.
Interesting. And yeah he told me they normally just include those but must’ve forgotten.

I was wondering if there was a frame side/bar side. 🤔Is there any trick to tell just by lookin? Because I have the ones with a Johnny joint in both ends. they kinda look the same to me at both ends. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TSL

Reaction score
Last night, spent some time and removed the rear seats as the truck is going in for the rear window replacement. Gave me a good opportunity to clean, lots of dog hair....:rolleyes:

Also the dealer is going to work on getting the sunroof work button up, as they missed a few things....
On the dog hair theme....my sister has a dog that sheds "copiously" she says . Recently she got this mug for the household for a bit of humor.

Attachments

• IMG-20230603-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20230603-WA0011.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 52

397STROKER

Reaction score
Interesting. And yeah he told me they normally just include those but must’ve forgotten.

I was wondering if there was a frame side/bar side. 🤔Is there any trick to tell just by lookin? Because I have the ones with a Johnny joint in both ends. they kinda look the same to me at both ends. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
they are slightly angled. If you had the wrong end at the frame there will be 1/4 gap between the sway bar mount and the end link. If right it will be right up against it.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the dog hair theme....my sister has a dog that sheds "copiously" she says . Recently she got this mug for the household for a bit of humor.
That's great! The other day I was moving the fan to point in the kitchen and the wife got so mad and was yelling she does not want hair in her food:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
they are slightly angled. If you had the wrong end at the frame there will be 1/4 gap between the sway bar mount and the end link. If right it will be right up against it.
ok i wonder if these are different then? or do you mean "right up against the spacer" they send...? cuz this lined up perfectly but only with that spacer. (I dry-fit them even though I had the bolt/sleeve issue, just to check length and alignment and this was how I stacked the hardware they sent)

1686681492386.jpeg
Which tbh looked a little weird to me with the washers stickin out a little... but i was gonna verify that with Core before finishing. I'm also waiting to install the Hellwig until i have these squared away.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread