5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a nice setup. I bought my truck, but deducted the full amount off my taxes last year as a business expense for my biz. Since it's technically a "work vehicle", I deduct my insurance, maintenance, and gas as business expenses. As long as I can justify it, I also deduct my mods, like the Diamondback Cover (since it is security for my survey equipment) and Ravelco.
A guy has to use whatever means are available in this day and age!

As the vehicle allowance I get is a taxable benefit, even though I’m a salaried employee, I can also write off the truck and all expenses towards it, (which includes the so called “things I absolutely need to do to the truck”). I can justify it with mileage (daily log) plus the fact that I have another vehicle for personal use.
I also work from home and have an office there so I get to write off a percentage of my house and all it’s expenses.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A guy has to use whatever means are available in this day and age!

As the vehicle allowance I get is a taxable benefit, even though I’m a salaried employee, I can also write off the truck and all expenses towards it, (which includes the so called “things I absolutely need to do to the truck”). I can justify it with mileage (daily log) plus the fact that I have another vehicle for personal use.
I also work from home and have an office there so I get to write off a percentage of my house and all it’s expenses.
Nice. They changed the rules in the US so regular salaried employees can no longer deduct business expenses. I own my own biz, so I can. Besides the obvious things like having a separate ehicle for personal use, there's additional rules that will allow it to automatically qualify as 'business equipment' like the bed longer than 6' and GVWR above 6000 (kind of like buying a dump truck). Once I told my accountant that the bed was longer than 6', GVWR above 6000, and separate POV, she had no question about deductibility. I used Section 179 and deducted the entire thing in the year of the purchase.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice. They changed the rules in the US so regular salaried employees can no longer deduct business expenses. I own my own biz, so I can. Besides the obvious things like having a separate ehicle for personal use, there's additional rules that will allow it to automatically qualify as 'business equipment' like the bed longer than 6' and GVWR above 6000 (kind of like buying a dump truck). Once I told my accountant that the bed was longer than 6', GVWR above 6000, and separate POV, she had no question about deductibility. I used Section 179 and deducted the entire thing in the year of the purchase.
Up here in 🇨🇦, you can’t normally write anything off as a salaried employee unless you have a T2200 form filled out by your employer. On that form there are various lines they check off where you are required to have things in order to do your job. On mine, they check off supplying a vehicle and amount they pay. As that’s the taxable benefit, I can write off costs towards it. In the case of the office, they check off required to work from an office at home and that no money has been contributed. I can write off up to 10% of the mortgage interest and operating costs of my home for office and work related space used.

Scion

Reaction score
Well, I finally finished reading this entire thread after buying the truck in March (3 months tomorrow). Yes, all 1667 pages in 3 months (though I admit I skipped over some of the pi$$ing contests and endless posts about decals). I wanted to make sure I saw how well some of these mods aged before I pulled the trigger on them. Anyway, thus far, I've only added the FitCamX, WeatherTech mud flaps, DeeZee bed mat and Amazon catch can. Gotta get around to ceramic tint, topper, and bed carpet kit. But I have some cracks in the rear window frame and a slight leak on the passenger's corner, so I want to get that sealed up before I drop a topper in the way.

What did I do today? Just added a little stress reliever button for traffic. My flowable silicone windshield sealant should arrive today.

1686416575049.jpeg

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I finally finished reading this entire thread after buying the truck in March (3 months tomorrow). Yes, all 1667 pages in 3 months (though I admit I skipped over some of the pi$$ing contests and endless posts about decals). I wanted to make sure I saw how well some of these mods aged before I pulled the trigger on them. Anyway, thus far, I've only added the FitCamX, WeatherTech mud flaps, DeeZee bed mat and Amazon catch can. Gotta get around to ceramic tint, topper, and bed carpet kit. But I have some cracks in the rear window frame and a slight leak on the passenger's corner, so I want to get that sealed up before I drop a topper in the way.

What did I do today? Just added a little stress reliever button for traffic. My flowable silicone windshield sealant should arrive today.

View attachment 160559
Flowable winshield sealant? I assume thats for the rear window, mine just started leaking so I’m curious which type you bought? Also nice “button” haha

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Flowable winshield sealant? I assume thats for the rear window, mine just started leaking so I’m curious which type you bought? Also nice “button” haha

Scion

Reaction score
Grabbed a 2-pack to make sure I could make it from shoulder to shoulder. I also picked up a gasket kit (based on the recommendations here) for the CHMSL, just in case.

Flowable Silicone

Gasket Kit

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday was just 3 weeks after getting my windshield tinted and I got my first rock chip. I hate I-10! Not pleased. 😡
Get it fixed right away before it turns into a crack. A good shop can get a lof of the chip to go away, appearance wise. I have three chipsmin my tinted windshield

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yesterday was just 3 weeks after getting my windshield tinted and I got my first rock chip. I hate I-10! Not pleased. 😡

Getting windshields replaced in AZ is darn near as frequent as oil changes. If you don't get rock chips, the dry dusty air is like driving through a sand blaster, especially during a Haboob.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Getting windshields replaced in AZ is darn near as frequent as oil changes. If you don't get rock chips, the dry dusty air is like driving through a sand blaster, especially during a Haboob.
Yes, this was from a gravel truck. I was far back from him and two lanes over, but the rock must have hit another vehicle because I saw it coming out of the corner of my eye from the right side. The chip is not visible from the inside because it's behind the RVM.

seansmd

Reaction score
Yes, this was from a gravel truck. I was far back from him and two lanes over, but the rock must have hit another vehicle because I saw it coming out of the corner of my eye from the right side. The chip is not visible from the inside because it's behind the RVM.
10, 101,202,17, 60 they are all waiting for you! Brutal here.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Started the install of the FitcamX dash cam. Need to route cable for rear cameras but that will have to be a tomorrow thing when it's daylight and not raining.

Attachments

• PXL_20230611_015035834.jpg
    PXL_20230611_015035834.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 89
  • PXL_20230611_015111229.jpg
    PXL_20230611_015111229.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 89

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
had a long run job that took my brother and i some time to complete.it was a "On&Off" job.but we got them done ...somewhat 😆 but any way here is the first part.we remove the front bumper of the rebel to replace the water damage fog light and up grade my brother and i new speakers.the foglights are the "BajaDesign"

Attachments

• FGXX_448024-IMG_001_P04_ANG_A__88474.jpg
    FGXX_448024-IMG_001_P04_ANG_A__88474.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 45
  • FGXX_448024-IMG_003_P06_ANG_A__80999.jpg
    FGXX_448024-IMG_003_P06_ANG_A__80999.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 45

Users who are viewing this thread