5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put a new starter in this morning at 51,000 miles. Whole thing took me about 2.5 hours to finish including taking truck on and off lift and starting a couple times while noting amp draw on new starter. I’m sure someone has posted notes elsewhere on install but here are mine. If anyone is looking to replace theirs make sure you have plenty of extensions, wobbles, and a power or air ratchet makes life immensely easier. Use a 20” extension with 15mm deep socket and a wobble for bottom starter bolt routed up and over the exhaust pointed towards the driver’s door. Don’t remove the lower guard plate that routes up to engine mount there’s more than enough room to route starter up and over the transfer case and out.
Any particular reason why this was a DIY for you?

Wouldn't a starter replacement be covered under warranty at 51000 miles?

K_Hub

Reaction score
Any particular reason why this was a DIY for you?

Wouldn't a starter replacement be covered under warranty at 51000 miles?

I believe I could have gotten it covered under warranty but after using my company discount the starter was only $140 and I trust my local dealership about as far as I can throw them.

The last time they had my truck in the shop for an exhaust leak they replaced the wrong side on the exhaust manifolds. I had to bring the truck back to replace the correct side the next week. When I brought this up to the service manager his response was “well you shouldn’t be too upset, you have two new exhaust manifolds now”.

In my opinion, $140 and a couple hours of my time knowing it was going to get done correctly and in a timely manner was worth the investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe I could have gotten it covered under warranty but after using my company discount the starter was only $140 and I trust my local dealership about as far as I can throw them.

The last time they had my truck in the shop for an exhaust leak they replaced the wrong side on the exhaust manifolds. I had to bring the truck back to replace the correct side the next week. When I brought this up to the service manager his response was “well you shouldn’t be too upset, you have two new exhaust manifolds now”.

In my opinion, $140 and a couple hours of my time knowing it was going to get done correctly and in a timely manner was worth the investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he's not wrong though lol i would be happy about it. one less thing to worry about

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
He’s in different circumstances than I was when I was his age. 1. He’s like 50x smarter and even a little more responsible than I was then, so this was a bit of a gift.
And 2. He is somehow as bothered when she curbed those rims as I was. hahah most likely cuz he was thinking “she’s doing this to what will be my car soon”. Haha.
Giving a shout out to 1.21 gigawatts. I saw your quote on your signature Banner that says I aim to misbehave. I've got that sticker on the top right of my back window.:)

Attachments

• 20230604_130603.jpg
    20230604_130603.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 79

BackCountry'sBadass

Reaction score
lol

I often read where people put on a lift kit and new wheels and tires the week that they buy a new truck.
I wasn't spending money at all the first month after I spent 60K on a new truck. :ROFLMAO:
I too had no intention on spending any money like some of these guys can after I dropped 60 Grand on my truck in January. But the first thing that had to go on was the cold air intake.:) because now she just kicks ***. The next thing that had to go was that open space in my rear wheel wells, and not having mud flaps on a truck just seems odd to me. Lastly, I just replaced all the speakers in the truck because listening to the premium Alpine that I spent an additional $695 for was underwhelming. I got a good deal on Amazon for the Infinity reference on the 3 1/2, and the 6x9s. The sound is phenomenal now. If y'all replace those rear headliner speakers you really can hear sound out of them:). I'm just saying.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would have been happy with that too!
Similar thing appended to me when I went in to have my passenger side power mirror replaced and they did the driver side. I talk to my service manager and we both laughed and I just booked it in again for the right side. Now I have the latest product.
I have a great dealership and the odd time sheit happens, but they are quick to fix it.

Last edited:

choo_31

Reaction score
Working on some updates to the interior…
Installed Katzskin seat covers
Zen carbon fiber steering wheel in forged carbon fiber
Bulletproof mounts
Wrapped some of the interior pieces to match the forged carbon fiber look…still have a few pieces to go

Attachments

• A0673889-DCFE-4D68-928A-193E1BD89994.jpeg
    A0673889-DCFE-4D68-928A-193E1BD89994.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 145

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Working on some updates to the interior…
Installed Katzskin seat covers
Zen carbon fiber steering wheel in forged carbon fiber
Bulletproof mounts
Wrapped some of the interior pieces to match the forged carbon fiber look…still have a few pieces to go
I’m not mad at that! Looks goood! Where did u get the wrap?

choo_31

Reaction score
I’m not mad at that! Looks goood! Where did u get the wrap?
Tried a few different ones before finally landing on the wrap from aura vinyl. It’s the closest I could find matching the steering wheel from zen.
1st pic is aura vinly
2nd pic is cheap practice material from Amazon.

Attachments

• C9EF87F9-B387-40AA-B30A-A2BA90D2D2F4.jpeg
    C9EF87F9-B387-40AA-B30A-A2BA90D2D2F4.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 8C2AC8E7-BB50-4EEC-859E-160B2F8DECC2.jpeg
    8C2AC8E7-BB50-4EEC-859E-160B2F8DECC2.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 119

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Forgot to post this. I had a Mopar hitch plug on the truck almost since the day I bought it. But one of the last few times through carwash it must have gotten pulled off by the brushes. So instead of doing a rubber hitch plug again, and wanting a good recovery point the the rear for special occasions, I finally decided on this one from Amazon.
AGENCY 6 Recovery Shackle Block Assembly 2 INCH Double Hole Powder Coat Grey - Hitch Receiver Block - Proudly Made in The USA with US Certified Materials - Includes Hitch pin and D-Ring https://a.co/d/3huzqS3

The gray is fairly close to the Ceramic Gray, close enough it doesn't stand out that bad being only a few inches stick out from hitch. Wanted one that sat in the hitch and didn't stick out so far. Good quality, has a higher WLL than a lot of them on Amazon at 13000lbs. The shackle looks small, but probably because the truck is so big and higher off ground. Might buy a different shackle at some point. especially since it's only rated for 9500lbs

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Giving a shout out to 1.21 gigawatts. I saw your quote on your signature Banner that says I aim to misbehave. I've got that sticker on the top right of my back window.:)
Haha yeah dude! Browncoats ✊🏼!!

I have this one under the hood currently cuz she’s a leaf on the wind:
😂😂
IMG_3444.jpeg

Insanity

Reaction score
Hammered in the springs got like 1 ¼ drop don't have my grinder handy to cut coils but I'll take it.

peroxide

Reaction score
Finally got chance to put in the Amber Marker lights in the front grille. Could not get the relay to trigger of the parking light in my 22 Rebel. Had to run a wire through the firewall to tap into a switched circuit in the interior fuse box.

IMG_0147.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread