5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks, I really think it works well too! Trying to keep my self control to not do a ton of it. Haha. Not sure how much more before I’m at the line. 😂
I did all of my emblems in orange on my last Ram, as well as some under-hood overlays. I really liked it because I had chrome emblems, and the vinyl obviously only covered the face, leaving the chrome edges exposed. I've tried not to go overboard on this Ram, though the temptation is there sometimes ;)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you push them all the way forward. Try that a couple times and let us know how it works out.
Yes, When I installed my sequential turns I pushed them all the way forward

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you on the design team or engineer? How do you know this?
No, don't have to be in the design tema to have basic mechsnical comprehension. They are "break away" mirrors. Meant to be able to be moved manually so they can move without breaking and still be set back into correct position. Pretty much every modern car has them. Just because they have a power fold function does not mean they lose the manual fold ability.

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve moved mine all the way forward and back manually and never had an issue.

If you just move one forward. When you press the button to fold them in they re sync.

Pretty sure all power mirrors are breakaway folding. If that wasn’t the case you’d be seeing a lot of people who live in cities with broken mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
7c478647b86aa8807e6d3d4e9987837f.jpg

Speaking of folding mirrors. I came out to a woman parked like this about 6 times in a month at my work; finally had to change my parking spot. I folded her mirror everytime I had to get in my truck on the right side of her. Ridiculous bimbo.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
In my defense I parked both of them like that to take a comparison pic of how they changed the styling lol.

But yeah in my truck I always park at the back of the parking lot to avoid idiots like that

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer called me. Past my Ram warranty coverage and extended warranty doesn’t cover water ingress.
I’m on the hook for the repair cost for the 3rd Brake Light leak.
$#@%!?$.

It’s not the cost of the repair of the leak I worry about, it’s the stains on the friggin headliner that’s got me concerned!
How much were you quoted for the repair?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guess ill be the minority here… I will continue to use Tazar to autofold my mirrors while parked. I paid for the option and its extremely helpfully in tight parking situations where your choices are limited. I guess if the gear breaks ill address that issue if it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guess ill be the minority here… I will continue to use Tazar to autofold my mirrors while parked. I paid for the option and its extremely helpfully in tight parking situations where your choices are limited. I guess if the gear breaks ill address that issue if it happens.

I didn't buy my TazerDT for that feature, so I don't consider my purchase of the Tazer as paying for that option. But I understand your viewpoint.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t buy the Tazar just for that but more or less one of the reason I went with a Laramie trim and not another express/tradesman like my previous 4th gen was. Yeah I could manually fold them if the power fold wasn’t any option.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve moved mine all the way forward and back manually and never had an issue.

If you just move one forward. When you press the button to fold them in they re sync.

Pretty sure all power mirrors are breakaway folding. If that wasn’t the case you’d be seeing a lot of people who live in cities with broken mirrors.

Tried “re-setting” them and the gears are gone.

The passenger side one is so bad it won’t stay in place highway winds push it out or wack/alignment.

Insanity

Reaction score
Tried “re-setting” them and the gears are gone.

The passenger side one is so bad it won’t stay in place highway winds push it out or wack/alignment.

It makes a guy wonder why there isn't a detent to hold the mirror in place without the need of the gears. This is a real safety issue. I don't know bout yalls states but in the OH if there is a cop ems or fire with lights and screamers on you yield to them. The rear view mirror law in OH has some other verbiage that dose not make it so that your side mirrors have to be in position. There are many states and countries your mileage will vary.

Story time. When I was going to collage after It ETS out of the Army. I was in a small VOTECH class and the other gent I was usually partnered up with in lab was from New Hampshire. One day he was dorking about in his danger ranger and all of a sudden he heard sirens and everyone pulled over so he did to. He explained his confusions as a cop just raced by and after traffic moved on like normal. I told him that is a law in OH and he told me in NH not the same.

(D) Vehicles approaching emergency vehicles.

(1) Upon the immediate approach of an authorized emergency vehicle or public safety vehicle making use of audible and visual signals meeting the requirements of these regulations and/or state law, the driver of every other vehicle shall yield the right of way and shall immediately drive to a position parallel to, and as close as possible to, the right edge or curb of the street or roadway, clear of any intersection, and shall stop and remain in such position until the authorized emergency vehicle has passed, except when otherwise directed by a law enforcement officer, hospital and campus security officer or traffic control officer.

Every motor vehicle, including every motorcycle, shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the operator a view of the highway to the rear of such vehicle. The operator shall have a clear unobstructed view to the rear of the vehicle by mirror.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It makes a guy wonder why there isn't a detent to hold the mirror in place without the need of the gears. This is a real safety issue. I don't know bout yalls states but in the OH if there is a cop ems or fire with lights and screamers on you yield to them. The rear view mirror law in OH has some other verbiage that dose not make it so that your side mirrors have to be in position. There are many states and countries your mileage will vary.

Story time. When I was going to collage after It ETS out of the Army. I was in a small VOTECH class and the other gent I was usually partnered up with in lab was from New Hampshire. One day he was dorking about in his danger ranger and all of a sudden he heard sirens and everyone pulled over so he did to. He explained his confusions as a cop just raced by and after traffic moved on like normal. I told him that is a law in OH and he told me in NH not the same.

(D) Vehicles approaching emergency vehicles.

(1) Upon the immediate approach of an authorized emergency vehicle or public safety vehicle making use of audible and visual signals meeting the requirements of these regulations and/or state law, the driver of every other vehicle shall yield the right of way and shall immediately drive to a position parallel to, and as close as possible to, the right edge or curb of the street or roadway, clear of any intersection, and shall stop and remain in such position until the authorized emergency vehicle has passed, except when otherwise directed by a law enforcement officer, hospital and campus security officer or traffic control officer.

Every motor vehicle, including every motorcycle, shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the operator a view of the highway to the rear of such vehicle. The operator shall have a clear unobstructed view to the rear of the vehicle by mirror.

I don't think there is any state where you don't have to yield right of way. Just because he didn't know that doesn't mean it's not a law in NH.

Insanity

Reaction score
I don't think there is any state where you don't have to yield right of way. Just because he didn't know that doesn't mean it's not a law in NH.
You don't think don't mean squat. Prove it or quit wasting time making a stupid post.

Users who are viewing this thread