5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would think they do that because

A. The owner is older and can’t make the ride sitting on the bike for hrs

B. Bike is to expensive and owner doesn’t want to damage or devalue the bike even more.?
I suppose those could be reasons for someone to do that, but both cases make me think a bike might not be the right vehicle. If the bike is just a trailer queen then really, what's the point?

HemiDude

Reaction score
Morange stuff today haha. After the Mom’s day festivities I was able to lay in the Hemi letters. Personally this was a little more of a beeeyotch than the ones sticky outty ones like the ‘1500’ (the word for that escapes me rn) but these actually look better and the edges won’t get snagged. What I don’t like about The other type is that even when placed perfectly you can feel the edges. So I have my suspicions they won’t hold up.

Anyways, the hemi looks good, now just tryin to decide whether or not I do the etorque too as I have the correct letters. I’m just gonna leave it blue for a little bit and see how I like it.

View attachment 158725 View attachment 158726
I never did like the blue letters, so I couldn't wait to cover mine. At least if you don't do the etorque, yours will look different. 🍻

seansmd

Reaction score
I suppose those could be reasons for someone to do that, but both cases make me think a bike might not be the right vehicle. If the bike is just a trailer queen then really, what's the point?
Rode from New Hampshire to Sturgis on a Softail Springer, bought a "Rode my bike to trailer week" shirt. The ride was epic and did it once...... I see this no different than hot rods and other exotic rides, fun around town but not cross country trips. Most folks don't log hundreds of miles a day on their bikes, let alone their "extra" cars, clean polish, short ride, rinse repeat.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would seem that this issue is not an "if", but a "when". If I were in your shoes, I would have been relieved of worry after making it 4 model years without incident.

Now I am wondering how vigilant I need to be for the 6,000 km of factory warranty that I have left.
If I was smart though, I would have pulled the brake light and made sure it was sealed well with a thicker gasket rather than feeling confident it wasn’t going to happen to me being clear for 4 model years.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Ya I know the feeling…1 payment left on my truck and I have a wet headliner from a leaky 3rd Brake Light.
Fortunately that happened to me early on, brake light and cracked frame. I sealed the shark fin as well just for craps and giggles. The black headliner hid the stains so there was a silver lining. Hydrogen peroxide will clear up the stains on a white headliner

worm1028

Reaction score
4" Zone lift
20x10 XD 137 wheels
35x12.5r20 Nitto Recon Grapplers.
MPG has gone down a little but i WFH so i dont mind at all. She looks fantastic.
Next year will probably be exhaust.

Attachments

• Truck1.jpg
    Truck1.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Truck2.jpg
    Truck2.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 103
  • Truck3.jpg
    Truck3.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 103

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I might be a little sorry 😂 - Just got quoted $1800-2500 for this xpel service via text with a local, reputable shop. Seems high but I know the work is tedious and you want it done correctly - thoughts?

Cost will vary depending on how much coverage there is and where you get it done. I paid $1750 in the Dallas area for XPEL film for full hood, full front fenders, full front bumper, headlights, full grill, mirrors and cowl below headlights.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Rode from New Hampshire to Sturgis on a Softail Springer, bought a "Rode my bike to trailer week" shirt. The ride was epic and did it once...... I see this no different than hot rods and other exotic rides, fun around town but not cross country trips. Most folks don't log hundreds of miles a day on their bikes, let alone their "extra" cars, clean polish, short ride, rinse repeat.
I guess maybe that’s why I don’t get it. I’ve always kept my vehicles clean, but I never bought a bike, car or truck that I didn’t intend for seat time. Different strokes for different folks 🤷‍♂️

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess maybe that’s why I don’t get it. I’ve always kept my vehicles clean, but I never bought a bike, car or truck that I didn’t intend for seat time. Different strokes for different folks 🤷‍♂️
Some just aren't comfortable either. I have a suzuki that I hardtailed, with a jockey shift and suicide clutch, with a rather thin 110 rear tire on Pennsylvania pothole filled roads. Fun bike, but it's a kidney blaster.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Hope you have a blast!

Not criticizing, but help me understand the rationale for trailering a bike to bike meet. I know people do it, but it's never made sense to me :unsure:

Becuase sometimes it’s not all about the ride and more about the destination. Or if you want to take your family with you.

I used to log 2k miles in a long weekend multiple times a year. but by the time I got to my destination I was too beat to fully enjoy it. I even rode from pa to Laconia bike week and back in a day. Only to get a beer and a shirt and came home. Do it once to get the shirt but I don’t have a desire to do it again.

Now I just trailer with my wife and dogs. Once we get to the riding spot we can fully devote ourselves to enjoying the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It IS no different... IF you have the motorcycle equivalent of a hot rod or other exotic ride - which a Softail Spring is not. That is JAHD (Just Another H-D).

Some people like to ride. Some just like to participate in the "biker lifestyle".

If you actually like to ride, then riding to where you want to go is (usually) enjoyable. If you just want to be seen on your ride and be around other "bikers", then riding there and getting bugs all over yourself and your bike, or riding in pouring rain (or snow) or scorching heat won't be your cup o' tea.

A while back, I rode my ZX-9R Ninja all the way around the U.S.. 14,300 miles in 30 days. Loved it!

I rode my GSX-R1000 from San Francisco to DC. Took 4 or 5 days to do it, so I could sight-see. Hit Sturgis, Custer State Park, Flaming Gorge, Lake Tahoe, and a couple of other cool places along the way.

I've ridden over 1000 miles a day multiple times - on sportbikes. I've ridden 250 miles each way just to go to lunch and back several times.

I rode over to north GA last weekend to ride with some buddies. I worked on Thu, then rode 220 miles over, to get there. Then we rode 370 miles of all very twisty back roads on Fri. Rode another 270 miles of twisties on Sat, but knocked off early to be back for our cookout. Then rode a longer, more fun route home on Sunday. Another about 270 miles, I think.

Because I actually like to ride.

One of my main reasons for having a truck is for the occasions when my bike is sick and needs to go to the doctor. Otherwise, a big SUV would handle hauling my scuba gear around. I'd rather have a truck than an SUV and a trailer.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The reason most fail is because of running them through the auto car wash. The rotating brushes catch them, and wham. Gears are toasted. folding them with the button in tight parking spaces beats having some douch-bag push them by hand and toast the gears. Folding them without using the motor is the problem.
yea think you are right, just once or twice I have come back to find one of my mirrors folded in by someone at a public parking lot. I noticed that if I use the button it makes a worrisome noise since it is trying to folded it in when it already is. Atleast I think that is what is happening, and I think this is one of the things that could damage it faster

Users who are viewing this thread