5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Unclepoot

Reaction score
i finally mouted my 35x12R18 Wildpeak AT3W back to the stock location.
Few things needed to complete this:
-Trimming the back side of tow hitch.
-Removal of exhaust heat shield.
-Airing down spare. I am at 30PSI currently. May need to air down more.
-Use of a wheel spacer: since I have Method 305NV and the wheel bore size is way bigger than stock, the stock spare hanger is a bit too short for the Method bore. I bought a pair of 1.5" wheel spacers off Amazon to reduce the bore size to fit the hanger. I went with 1.5" because it is the thinnest I could find that came with studs to secure the spacer onto the wheel. I only used 3 lug nuts since there's no vehicular load on it.

But at least now I have usable space on top of my Decked.
But one down side is the tire is very close, if not touching, the panhard bar. I might drop the spare and adjust it closer to the tow hitch receiver but driving on the road so far is fine.
Could you post a link to the one you picked up? I need to do this.

TheLegend

Reaction score
Got the Strands Siberia 32” Light Bar & QB Cube lights installed and all wired up to the AuxBeam AR-800. Loving the White and Amber DRL’s and the White High Beam is no joke when it’s on these are very well made LED lights.

Attachments

• 6D4F9E53-8467-4DF4-9F1C-4A82DC214056.jpeg
    6D4F9E53-8467-4DF4-9F1C-4A82DC214056.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 96BB43E4-2403-47CC-80B1-AFF51D3100F8.jpeg
    96BB43E4-2403-47CC-80B1-AFF51D3100F8.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 127

Skagitsquatch

Reaction score
GMRS radio was delivered yesterday so I got it installed. I have to say it's one of my cleaner radio installs. My Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk had a CB mounted to the dash. My wife wasn't a fan. This one is well hidden. Have a stubby 3db gain antenna with a longer 6db gain one on the way. Was talking to a buddy 3.65 miles away on his base station with plenty of trees in between. Not bad.

View attachment 123146

View attachment 123147
What kind of hardware did you use to mount the unit to the inside of the console? I'm very interested in mounting my GMRS in the same location. Did you have any issues running the antenna cable?

m.hamner

Reaction score
Got the Strands Siberia 32” Light Bar & QB Cube lights installed and all wired up to the AuxBeam AR-800. Loving the White and Amber DRL’s and the White High Beam is no joke when it’s on these are very well made LED lights.
I love the white outline lettering on those tires. I wanna fill mine in with a paint pen I'm thinking. Looks good on that trim.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you get the amber and white DRL’s to be on at the same time on the headlights?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score

TheLegend

Reaction score
How did you get the amber and white DRL’s to be on at the same time on the headlights?
AlfaOBD -

CBC Features ; DRL Configuration “Optional DRL”, DRL Lamp Locations “Turn Signal”, DRL Dropout Enable “Yes”

ECU 3 ; DRL Custom Setting Enable/Disable “Yes”

Customer Service Menus ; Daytime Running Lights CSM “Yes”

UnclJim

Reaction score
Busy couple hrs started installing the Infinity dash speakers, then the TRX start button, ended off installing the video rear mirror cable and LED 3rd brake light

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love my 35% tinted windshield with my factory LED headlights. Actually makes driving at night better as it cuts down on headlight glare from oncoming cars. And I can still see 1/2 mile down the road with headlights.
I use night driving glasses with the polarized yellow lenses to help with the headlight glare. It also helps me see better when its raining.

Users who are viewing this thread