5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How much of a pain is it to replace the solid bumper panel with the see-through one?
Not hard at all maybe 10 minutes. There are 11 or so 8mm nuts on the top portion of the grill and 10 or so clips on the bottom. I do not have the active air dam thing on my truck so that makes it a lot more easier and manageable to squeeze in there. In total if you were to do this “mod” in one go wiring and all maybe 1hr. It’s Very simple and easy to manage.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have the part number or links for the grill and eyebrow trim?? Been looking to do exactly this.
Post #35,358 I shared the eBay store I got mine from and the previous 2 pages I’ve answered a few questions regarding the install and process. It’s very easy and in total the setup was $310 give or take.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 157165

Checkout Course Motorsports mounts. This is their MagSafe mount, which works with iPhone 12 and later.

I have the Course Motorsports MagSafe charger as well for my iPhone 13 Pro. I ran my charger cord behind the radio bezel down to the 110v outlet and use a high output charging block.
I also use a Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless Apple Carplay dongle and my phone automatically links with my radio.
I really like this setup!
No exposed wires, no gangly arms sticking out from the dash AND all hands free!

9606CDFA-2052-4190-9959-D7F2215B87B9.jpeg
52A78EEC-B312-4A37-9531-5A0DB4A12952.jpeg

Attachments

• EF3B1BCD-E171-467F-94EF-386B1F08F08D.jpeg
    EF3B1BCD-E171-467F-94EF-386B1F08F08D.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 46

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Course Motorsports MagSafe charger as well for my iPhone 13 Pro. I ran my charger cord behind the radio bezel down to the 110v outlet and use a high output charging block.
I also use a Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless Apple Carplay dongle and my phone automatically links with my radio.
I really like this setup!
No exposed wires, no gangly arms sticking out from the dash AND all hands free!

View attachment 157247
View attachment 157248
Found my next project. How did you get power

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found my next project. How did you get power
The Course Motorsports MagSafe mount is powered. As I explained, I pulled my radio bezel and ran the charging cord down behind and out the bottom. You can use the USB or USB C charging ports there.
I just find my charging block plugged into the 110 V plug in the lower consul is faster and leaves those ports above for other things like my Wireless Apple CarPlay and my USB with all my music on it.

99E6E712-4339-4724-85CD-7FAEF6616181.jpeg

Last edited:

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Upgraded my headlights and both fogs to LEDs. Went with yellow lights for the Fogs.
View attachment 157225
View attachment 157226

Also installed some more storage options in the doors to help when the jump seat is being used.
View attachment 157227
View attachment 157228

While installing the headlight bulbs, my dumb self chose to leave the door open and checked the headlights after each bulb install. Ended up with a dead battery, but I got the chance to test out my tiny jump starter. Worked like a charm.

View attachment 157229
I also intended to change my cabin air filter but the one I bought was the wrong size. I just dusted out the old one and put it back in for now.

Not too bad for a rainy day. 👍
Where is that door pull bin from? Opposite side available? I need that...

Thanks

PrdCdn

Reaction score
Hmmm so many things....Installed a Tonneau Cover. Washed, Drove the sh*t out of it. Filled the DEF, did an oil change. Bought a DU-Ha storage bin. Installed EGR In channel Visor, EGR Bug Deflector.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nothing for me this weekend other than drove it to work, parked it at the shop lot, shop lot got filled, so I had to ask my friend who happened to come hangout to move it across the street as i was doing oil change for customer.
friend spent 5 minutes trying to figure out why music was still playing after shutting off the engine.

fun times.

lapoolboy

Reaction score
nothing for me this weekend other than drove it to work, parked it at the shop lot, shop lot got filled, so I had to ask my friend who happened to come hangout to move it across the street as i was doing oil change for customer.
friend spent 5 minutes trying to figure out why music was still playing after shutting off the engine.

fun times.
Your friend needs to buy a car produced in the 21st century

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your friend needs to buy a car produced in the 21st century
I think it's more of Japanese cars vs Euro and American. he has a 17 outlander and 13 GX460. Most Japanese cars cut out stereo when the vehicle is turned off.
It took me a while to get used to my E90 M3 stereo still playing after the vehicle is turned off (I came from E30 and 17 4Runner, both cut out audio once key's pulled) and once I got used to that I learned the Ram's way real quick lol

Insanity

Reaction score
Lol it's the entire side of my truck... I can't help the forum only focused on the door. Maybe open the full picture...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/