5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
did you try mark dodge and see what they have in inventory, or the other dealer's forum members have purchased from?
There are gas Limiteds too, but I was just stating there are plenty of diesel Limiteds available. My thing is the trailer surround view camera. Not 1 nation wide. It was supposed to be available again last month, but still isn't. I'm giving Ram til the end of this week to make available to build, then I will shop other brands.

jdawgjm

Reaction score
There are gas Limiteds too, but I was just stating there are plenty of diesel Limiteds available. My thing is the trailer surround view camera. Not 1 nation wide. It was supposed to be available again last month, but still isn't. I'm giving Ram til the end of this week to make available to build, then I will shop other brands.

I might be old school but I planned on normal side camera on screen with an after market trailer camera setup so I can view all at one time with multiple screens. And not have to pay for the trailer wiring.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice machining job! What are those for?
those are essentially bed stiffeners for additional bed strength due to MFT's design does not allow the same amounts of rigidity as non-MFT's beds.

Bed stiffeners are also commonly used for dedicated offroad trucks that carry campers or gears to help reduce the weight stress experienced by the bed. Some trucks that utilize composite materials (like Tacomas) would benefit a lot from these when offroading because of... composite bed, even without campers.

I've been searching high and low for a set to be installed near the tailgate myself due to... offroading and the bedrack + RTT. Last thing I want to happen is to have the bed split while doing Mexico things in Mexico ;)

eazy1500

Reaction score
Did a Bakflip yesterday just before the sun went down.

b294468333ae9302eb5094745eafdc80.jpg

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I might be old school but I planned on normal side camera on screen with an after market trailer camera setup so I can view all at one time with multiple screens. And not have to pay for the trailer wiring.
If my trailer was any bigger than it is, I would get a standalone monitor for the cameras. My trailer is pre-wired for cameras so it would be easy. I just don't think I really need them.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If my trailer was any bigger than it is, I would get a standalone monitor for the cameras. My trailer is pre-wired for cameras so it would be easy. I just don't think I really need them.
I bought a standalone monitor and camera for my travel trailer (pre wired) on amazon for like 150 bucks. The dealership wanted 500 for their furrion model. I set the monitor in the cubby above the radio and it works really well. Definitely not a necessity for a 25 foot trailer, but it does make backing into tight campgrounds a little easier. I like being able to see what's behind me when going down the road too. It's a nice simple upgrade.

6of36

Reaction score
My pontoon boat is 8 1/2 ft wide, and 35 ft long from prop to hitch of trailer. I have to back up 145 ft into a garage. If I install a hoist, I will have less than a ft of clearance. I like the idea of surround view.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a standalone monitor and camera for my travel trailer (pre wired) on amazon for like 150 bucks. The dealership wanted 500 for their furrion model. I set the monitor in the cubby above the radio and it works really well. Definitely not a necessity for a 25 foot trailer, but it does make backing into tight campgrounds a little easier. I like being able to see what's behind me when going down the road too. It's a nice simple upgrade.
Got a link?

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Used it as a mirror while waiting on the damn ups man to deliver ONE bolt needed to finish my project. I did wash it yesterday and by wash I hosed the dust off. And air dried. They water just fell off. I didn’t have to touch it with a rag. So far happy with the glossit. Hopefully it lasts more than a year

Attachments

• 3E7E8E41-FB3D-41F7-8353-E5522FE363C2.jpeg
    3E7E8E41-FB3D-41F7-8353-E5522FE363C2.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 74

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Used it as a mirror while waiting on the damn ups man to deliver ONE bolt needed to finish my project. I did wash it yesterday and by wash I hosed the dust off. And air dried. They water just fell off. I didn’t have to touch it with a rag. So far happy with the glossit. Hopefully it lasts more than a year
hahaha i was legit like "where tf is the truck? all i see is a tire and your bike." :ROFLMAO: That is highly shiny.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gonna give these Jam handle thingies a try... seems like a novel idear.

1680651073674.jpeg

But the next big mod on the radar is:
  • New rear upper and lower control arms
  • New panhard track bar
  • Topped off with a new rear anti-sway bar.
Probably all next month a couple weeks apart.

Last edited:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What are they for?
so they go one the ends of the doors, just inside the door jamb... so instead of closing my doors by putting my greaseball Italian fingers on the outside of the door and getting hand prints on the paint/possibly scratching it when theres like sand/salt on it, you grab these and swing the door shut. @Waterfowler41 did a vid on them...

Edit: heres the link to his vid.

commentary: my fav part is when he says "they're not for fights" :ROFLMAO: 👊

Users who are viewing this thread