5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder how they stay in business doing it that cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Shop is Auto Cosmetics. The shop also does upholstery repairs as well as PDR work. They give me a special rate for my truck and wife’s car as I have been a long time customer and refer a lot of people to them.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my spring detailing done at my local detail shop. Man they do a GREAT job for a very reasonable price. Full exterior fallout removal, clay bar, reseal and then full detail on the interior with leather cleaned and conditioned on top of it. $250.
For a 4 year old truck, it looks like I just drove it out of the showroom.
Luv my Limited!

View attachment 155297 View attachment 155299
View attachment 155298
What floor mats are those? Are they black or the indigo blue?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my spring detailing done at my local detail shop. Man they do a GREAT job for a very reasonable price. Full exterior fallout removal, clay bar, reseal and then full detail on the interior with leather cleaned and conditioned on top of it. $250.
For a 4 year old truck, it looks like I just drove it out of the showroom.
Luv my Limited!

View attachment 155297 View attachment 155299
View attachment 155298

I just love the color combo. I would never do tan again personally but my daily work life messes it up but I love seeing others with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are Black. Fronts are Husky and the rear are the stock Limited mats without the snap in carpets installed (Yet).
Ahhhh thank you. I just got 2023 w/Elite and was thinking I needed to get the all weather mats for winter...I didn't realize the carpet came out 🤣 haven't had any time yet to really go through things.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got these bad boys on and did my 5k miles oil change with Liqui Moly 5W-40.
Driver side was a pain in the butt and passenger
thumbnail_IMG_3701.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3698.jpg thumbnail_IMG_3704.jpg thumbnail_IMG_3705.jpg

White Knuckle install guide instructed to install on the floor, but given that work was slow today I just occupied one lift to do my thing. Install was a pain because 33G tank required moving the tank to fit one of the plates. If you don't have 33G then install should be plenty easier. This can be done with 1 person but recommend having a friend or two to help to make moving things easier.
I also did NOT powder coat them. I used Steel-It spray cans. One pair plus 8 backing plates took about 3.5 cans. 2 coats each. The idea is since they will be beat up and scratch through powder coating, it will be better and easier to blend and match with Steel-It.

I can do a full review/ install guide once I get more and better pictures.

I was also going to install rock lights too but our shop ran out of yellow ones... I guess I'll just do them on the floor when we get resupplies or wait another 5K miles lol

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
cfeb45f3edf9462a88c7235b88be4a36.jpg

0d4b838ba4f529a7148362295e6d52d1.jpg

65d66e2cf5fec65e682b34d853a7b87c.jpg

04fa98519c1462b0a27deb39628fdb78.jpg

Mint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would appreciate it if you would stop posting pics of your recently shined truck, taken with interesting backgrounds 😆

Seriously though, your truck photographs really well, nice work!

HemiDude

Reaction score
Hmm.... what did I do to my Ram? Went out yesterday morning to grab some coffee and realized I left the back window open overnight. We had torrential rains overnight, so you can guess what it looked like inside :(. Pulled the truck into the garage, toweled everything, rolled down the windows and opened the top. Turned the ceiling fan on high, ran the truck with the heater on Hi for about an hour. Then took it out for a drive to confirm everything still worked (it did). Back in the garage for a repeat, this time running the heated back seats and blowing some air through the truck.

This morning it seems dry inside and doesn't smell bad. Interestingly, most of the water seemed to have gone right to the seats, I guess blown by the high winds, so there was almost no moisture at the floor. My immediate concerns are twofold: Did any water get into any electronics? I'll be keeping a close eye on the function of everything, for now it seems ok.
Second, there are water streaks on the "leather". I'm hoping a good reconditioning will take care of that. Any of you guys have a recommendation for something on these seats? I have used Armorall products in the past, and have some Magic brand leather protector that I use in the wife's Explorer, but I want to do it right the first time and not just cover up the issue.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
Hmm.... what did I do to my Ram? Went out yesterday morning to grab some coffee and realized I left the back window open overnight. We had torrential rains overnight, so you can guess what it looked like inside :(. Pulled the truck into the garage, toweled everything, rolled down the windows and opened the top. Turned the ceiling fan on high, ran the truck with the heater on Hi for about an hour. Then took it out for a drive to confirm everything still worked (it did). Back in the garage for a repeat, this time running the heated back seats and blowing some air through the truck.

This morning it seems dry inside and doesn't smell bad. Interestingly, most of the water seemed to have gone right to the seats, I guess blown by the high winds, so there was almost no moisture at the floor. My immediate concerns are twofold: Did any water get into any electronics? I'll be keeping a close eye on the function of everything, for now it seems ok.
Second, there are water streaks on the "leather". I'm hoping a good reconditioning will take care of that. Any of you guys have a recommendation for something on these seats? I have used Armorall products in the past, and have some Magic brand leather protector that I use in the wife's Explorer, but I want to do it right the first time and not just cover up the issue.
I have had really good luck with 303's Leather care, from my G8 to the ex-wife escalade and my old 3500 RAM, even my work boots (Nicks). That being said it looks like 303 redid their formula and I dont no much about the new product.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats on getting her back! Did you have them add the OldManAvoidance System while it was in the shop?
I thought about it, but decided not to be too prejudicial since I am hoping to be alive long enough to be an old man.

I want karma to be nice to me when I get there....

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

This sucks...all of the bells and whistles and alerts you would think there would be an alert that this window has been left open. I have forgotten numerous times especially when new and was like I will never remember this window every time!! With that said I just finished thumbing through the manual on my 2023 and did read that they recommend Mopar Total Clean for the leather. Obviously it's a Mopar vehicle and would not push another product...but they have a product that works.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This sucks...all of the bells and whistles and alerts you would think there would be an alert that this window has been left open. I have forgotten numerous times especially when new and was like I will never remember this window every time!! With that said I just finished thumbing through the manual on my 2023 and did read that they recommend Mopar Total Clean for the leather. Obviously it's a Mopar vehicle and would not push another product...but they have a product that works.
Best one is forgetting it's open in car wash. Or that you have sunroof open to vent position. Almost did the sunroof thing yesterday. Had just gotten passed the presoak soap when I remembered to close it's so didn't get anything inside truck

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best one is forgetting it's open in car wash. Or that you have sunroof open to vent position. Almost did the sunroof thing yesterday. Had just gotten passed the presoak soap when I remembered to close it's so didn't get anything inside truck
I'd say that's actually the worst one!

HemiDude

Reaction score
I have had really good luck with 303's Leather care, from my G8 to the ex-wife escalade and my old 3500 RAM, even my work boots (Nicks). That being said it looks like 303 redid their formula and I dont no much about the new product.
Thanks, I may look into that 303. I got antsy, not wanting them to sit any longer in that shape so I went ahead and wiped them down with some armorall leather care, and then buffed them dry, multiple times. I figure since they aren't real leather it was worth a shot. They look much better, though I still see a couple areas that I'm not happy with. The wife can't see them so she thinks I'm overobsessing (I don't know, maybe), I'll wait a day or two and see if they clear up.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I've always been good about closing that back window, because I almost always open it when I drive. That day I only opened it because we had passed a rotting carcass along the road after coming back from breakfast, and the smell was pretty strong in the truck. We drove the wife's vehicle went we went out later that day and I totally forgot that window was open

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used Jscan to set my fog lamps to stay on with high beams and also enabled Auto High Beams. I was going to use AlfaODB but I have an iPhone and Jscan already. I have an old Amazon Fire tablet I converted to use the Google Play Store but the battery wasnt holding a charge so I decided to try Jscan. Very happy with how well it worked.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used Jscan to set my fog lamps to stay on with high beams and also enabled Auto High Beams. I was going to use AlfaODB but I have an iPhone and Jscan already. I have an old Amazon Fire tablet I converted to use the Google Play Store but the battery wasnt holding a charge so I decided to try Jscan. Very happy with how well it worked.
What's this all about?

Users who are viewing this thread