5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I debadge everything I buy and my truck had to be the hardest thing so far. I have no idea why. Tried wd 40, goo gone, 3m, everything. Finally got it but it took a bunch of elbow grease. And I don't care for the eraser wheels either. Too much to go wrong there. When dealing with paint, I always try to take the most delicate approaches possible.
User error is only thing that can go wrong with eraser wheels. Don't use too much pressure or stay in one spot too long. Have used mine on a few vehicles and no paint damage.

Hardest part for me when using adhesive remover spray is getting enough on the residue to work without it running down the side of truck. Then actually waiting the 3-5 minutes after applying for it to actually work to break down the adhesive. Usually takes a few attempts. Eraser wheel is one pass with wheels then maybe some light adhesive remove for clean up.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
User error is only thing that can go wrong with eraser wheels.
Exactly ha. I'm no stranger to the concept. I've cut and polished many projects in the past, and I'm sure I could probably handle it, I just didn't want to take the risk. It's a tradeoff that's all, time vs effort.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly ha. I'm no stranger to the concept. I've cut and polished many projects in the past, and I'm sure I could probably handle it, I just didn't want to take the risk. It's a tradeoff that's all, time vs effort.
I was Leary at first as well. But after using it, it's less risk, IMO, than rubbing at adhesive with a rag multiple times. I have left minor scratches with a microfiber trying to use adhesive remover. No marks from eraser wheel.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome. Heading to Gatlinburg, TN this summer. Looks like you had a great trip.
Yes, had a great time. We were away a total of 10 days. My two best friends and their families in Gatlinburg. 6 adults and 6 teens/preteens. So, a mix of adult and kid friendly stuff.

The Smokies were beautiful in person. Didn't do as much hiking as we had planned, and didn't see any bears, but did talk to a lady who stayed on the strip and had video of a bear in front of her hotel.

Parking was tight at the Airbnb, but we fit 3 Rams. 20230319_180016.jpg 20230319_162204.jpg

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gave a decent wash with the mitt & deep cleaned the interior. Added a second car seat base. Took the Yakima Overhaul HD rack off. Now it looks really weird to me without it!

Think I’ll probably sell the rack. Comes with a few Yakima accessories. Then I might take off the Vossen wheels sell them on the forum here also next month.
I liked the whole set up with the racks. Are you goinf a different route or on the move for another vehicle?

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It won’t have any effect on the HUD. My last & current Ram both had HUD & full windshield tint. BUT!!!! Make sure the tinter who does the windshield is experienced with Ram’s & uses soak ropes along the perimeter to keep from burning out modules & preventing the truck from starting.
Tint completed over the weekend windshield included...no problems. Thanks for the heads up on soak ropes. When I mentioned that the guy was like yes we know all about Rams we are the exact shop you want to complete the work.. now mind you I take all my vehicles there but was good that he understood the concern and cautions the rams needed.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tint completed over the weekend windshield included...no problems. Thanks for the heads up on soak ropes. When I mentioned that the guy was like yes we know all about Rams we are the exact shop you want to complete the work.. now mind you I take all my vehicles there but was good that he understood the concern and cautions the rams needed.

Absolutely!! Awesome to hear!

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I liked the whole set up with the racks. Are you goinf a different route or on the move for another vehicle?

Me too, man. Without the rack it looks weird to the whole family with just the cover. Lol

My original plan was to literally keep it & drop new powertrain into it when it needed it. I’m going from a job driving 50-60k/year to working from home with the same company & we have a 2020 Ram that’s my father in laws that we can still use for gathering/loading wood or picking up/dropping off large items.

So my plan now is to *maybe* trade it in for a car that I want & save a little bit of money & pay it off early in 2-3 years & then either buy the same truck I have now used or order another. If I could find slightly used that would be ideal.

But that’s my long term plan…that hopefully still shouldn’t take that long. I’m already sad about the truck really. The Ram’s are the best vehicles I’ve ever owned & I think it’s hard to match it.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guy who tinted my windshield owned a ram also and why I stopped in to get a quote. Wasn’t my typical local tint guy since I was out on the road working but he knew all about not soaking the dash. IIRC had some late model “snowflake” Silverado rep rims installed on his Ram looked incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me too, man. Without the rack it looks weird to the whole family with just the cover. Lol

My original plan was to literally keep it & drop new powertrain into it when it needed it. I’m going from a job driving 50-60k/year to working from home with the same company & we have a 2020 Ram that’s my father in laws that we can still use for gathering/loading wood or picking up/dropping off large items.

So my plan now is to *maybe* trade it in for a car that I want & save a little bit of money & pay it off early in 2-3 years & then either buy the same truck I have now used or order another. If I could find slightly used that would be ideal.

But that’s my long term plan…that hopefully still shouldn’t take that long. I’m already sad about the truck really. The Ram’s are the best vehicles I’ve ever owned & I think it’s hard to match it.
I applied for a job the other day that would see me working from home. I didn't get it, but not getting it was sort of a relief for me.

I know if I had been successful then we would start having conversations about the practicality of having the truck and making payments, and that wouldn't have gone down well.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I put the same miles a year on mine if you drop the zeros lol, I normally split my driving with another vehicle (currently 05 grand cherokee) so I have been able to get good trade in or sale value and always take good care of them so yea there is always gonna be a chance for a low mile well taken care of vehicle.
While I have driven other brands/models for short amount of times Ram and jeep have been very good to me and the family for over 2 decade. Rams been the best for me as well
94, 02, 05 grand cherokee
2012 jeep compass
17, 21 ram 1500
Good luck to you, hope you find a good deal on the new vehicle and on your new position

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was Leary at first as well. But after using it, it's less risk, IMO, than rubbing at adhesive with a rag multiple times. I have left minor scratches with a microfiber trying to use adhesive remover. No marks from eraser wheel.
The 3m eraser wheel is the best. It’s softer than others. Light pressure is the key and not staying in one spot too long. If a stubborn spot, I change directions of the wheel to grab whatever I’m trying to remove from a different angle. I’ve used the 3m wheel to completely remove pinstriping and decals from my boat that were weather worn and cracked and chipped without incident.
Like I said, a light touch letting the wheel strip it is better than pressure.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score

Hey man, I'm not gonna let you give up that easily, we are a support group here. Why don't you skip the car, pay off the truck "early". Your annual miles will go way down.
Seems like you would have wanted a car with great mpg when you were driving 60k per year, not when working from home. Trucks will only be more expensive and if you like a naturally aspirated engine you may be SOL in a few years.
All that being said, how much to ship that Hellwig to 70065? 😃

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What did I do to my Ram today? Got it all emptied out from last week's adventures. Will give it a good wash and detail sometime this week. Taking the tent out again in a couple weeks, but not going nearly as far. Just a hiking/biking trip.

After that I need to order a Jeep top lift to make pulling the tent a one man job. Then found some quick release brackets with wall hangers I'm considering. More interested in the wall hangers, but they work in conjunction with the brackets. So, may just order the hangers and fab up the missing pieces.

Herry.8

Reaction score
Add a kit to get wireless carplay and watch Youtube in the car screen during my lunch break.

Herry.8

Reaction score

RamSteel

Reaction score
Hmm.... what did I do to my Ram? Went out yesterday morning to grab some coffee and realized I left the back window open overnight. We had torrential rains overnight, so you can guess what it looked like inside :(. Pulled the truck into the garage, toweled everything, rolled down the windows and opened the top. Turned the ceiling fan on high, ran the truck with the heater on Hi for about an hour. Then took it out for a drive to confirm everything still worked (it did). Back in the garage for a repeat, this time running the heated back seats and blowing some air through the truck.

This morning it seems dry inside and doesn't smell bad. Interestingly, most of the water seemed to have gone right to the seats, I guess blown by the high winds, so there was almost no moisture at the floor. My immediate concerns are twofold: Did any water get into any electronics? I'll be keeping a close eye on the function of everything, for now it seems ok.
Second, there are water streaks on the "leather". I'm hoping a good reconditioning will take care of that. Any of you guys have a recommendation for something on these seats? I have used Armorall products in the past, and have some Magic brand leather protector that I use in the wife's Explorer, but I want to do it right the first time and not just cover up the issue.
I would be running a heater or dehumidifier for a week, if not, put a few damp rid containers in the back and just leave them. I promise there's a ton of moisture in those seats.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put the same miles a year on mine if you drop the zeros lol, I normally split my driving with another vehicle (currently 05 grand cherokee) so I have been able to get good trade in or sale value and always take good care of them so yea there is always gonna be a chance for a low mile well taken care of vehicle.
While I have driven other brands/models for short amount of times Ram and jeep have been very good to me and the family for over 2 decade. Rams been the best for me as well
94, 02, 05 grand cherokee
2012 jeep compass
17, 21 ram 1500
Good luck to you, hope you find a good deal on the new vehicle and on your new position

Thank you! I have a built 2000 Cherokee as well for a backup that used to be my daily, but it couldn’t serve me in the same way with the distances I drive & how often I was working on it. It doesn’t even compare to the Ram, but I’ve had it for 13 years & have put 18k into it just in current parts. Might be harder to part with which is why I’m thinking to auction it on BringaTrailer.com.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey man, I'm not gonna let you give up that easily, we are a support group here. Why don't you skip the car, pay off the truck "early". Your annual miles will go way down.
Seems like you would have wanted a car with great mpg when you were driving 60k per year, not when working from home. Trucks will only be more expensive and if you like a naturally aspirated engine you may be SOL in a few years.
All that being said, how much to ship that Hellwig to 70065? 😃

😆 I will get a quote for ya. Haha

I thought the same thing - what’s really the smart thing to do here bc I still want a non-etorque hemi again preferably. My only answer is to search for another 2022 with that setup & maybe by that time I’ll actually save money. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Haven’t put pen ton paper yet. But this car will be a rarity that I want & will go up in value (Integra Type R) so whenever I do sell it at least there’s that instead of depreciation for once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/