5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

rambo57bts

Reaction score
Added:
Tonneau Cover by Undercover
Caliper Covers by Rough Country
Under Seat Storage by DU-HA
Mud Flaps by Husky
In-Channel Ventvisors by AVS
OEM Hood Air Deflector by Mopar
OEM Trailer Brake Controller by Mopar
OEM Rear Fender Well Liners by Mopar
EVC Throttle Controller by Ultimate 9

Future Adds:
OEM Bed Lighting by Mopar
OEM Ram Cold Air Intake by Mopar
Ceramic Window Tint
Screenshot_20230115-222436.png

Last edited:

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great. Just got a 2023 limited that I have to get in for tint ASAP. Do you have HUD? Wondering how that's works with the windshield tint. I had tint on my rebel windshield but no HUD.

It won’t have any effect on the HUD. My last & current Ram both had HUD & full windshield tint. BUT!!!! Make sure the tinter who does the windshield is experienced with Ram’s & uses soak ropes along the perimeter to keep from burning out modules & preventing the truck from starting.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally debadged the tailgate last night. Here’s a tip for removing the badges: spray WD40 and let it soak for a few minutes, then use a heat gun and the badges peeled off with no effort and the adhesive all peeled off in one single piece, no rubbing required at all. Then to get the residue off, spray WD40 and wipe with a microfiber. Use a clay mitt for any hardened glue that’s stuck. This worked so fast and easy compared to the fishing line technique! View attachment 155253
Should there be any concern for what the WD40 might do to the truck clear coat?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
My factory badges peeled right off without spraying them with anything. Left truck parked outside in sun for a couple hours. Of course this was less than a week after buying it. The stupid dealer badge they put on, I used an eraser wheel to remove residue after peeling badge
Wow that’s surprising they came off so easy. Well to other people with 3 year old trucks like mine my tip might help. Yikes I don’t like those eraser wheels, I’ve seen too many people damage the paint and need to correct the spot the badges were in.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It won’t have any effect on the HUD. My last & current Ram both had HUD & full windshield tint. BUT!!!! Make sure the tinter who does the windshield is experienced with Ram’s & uses soak ropes along the perimeter to keep from burning out modules & preventing the truck from starting.
Are there different concerns there between a 2020 and 2023? I didn't even consider that when I did my 2020 and now don't know if I was lucky or they knew to use those soak ropes. I'm going to be making an appointment in the next week.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are there different concerns there between a 2020 and 2023? I didn't even consider that when I did my 2020 and now don't know if I was lucky or they knew to use those soak ropes. I'm going to be making an appointment in the next week.
No difference. When I had mine done, I made sure the shop knew, but also put a rag above the BCM to help protect the connectors before I drove to the tint shop

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Finally debadged the tailgate last night. Here’s a tip for removing the badges: spray WD40 and let it soak for a few minutes, then use a heat gun and the badges peeled off with no effort and the adhesive all peeled off in one single piece, no rubbing required at all. Then to get the residue off, spray WD40 and wipe with a microfiber. Use a clay mitt for any hardened glue that’s stuck. This worked so fast and easy compared to the fishing line technique! View attachment 155253
Nice, thanks for the tip! Looks good, too

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Googone works great as well. Just be careful removing the residue with a rag as you can put micro scratches in your paint. Use a good microfiber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Googone works great as well. Just be careful removing the residue with a rag as you can put micro scratches in your paint. Use a good microfiber.

Pretty much any adhesive remover. I have a can of 3m adhesive remover, and have also used the citrus based Turtlewax adhesive remover with good results with both. Just be careful not to get onto any plastics.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
cfeb45f3edf9462a88c7235b88be4a36.jpg

0d4b838ba4f529a7148362295e6d52d1.jpg

65d66e2cf5fec65e682b34d853a7b87c.jpg

04fa98519c1462b0a27deb39628fdb78.jpg

Mint.

D-dub

Reaction score
Not so much what I did to my Ram today however, I just ordered the Hellwig 7709 rear sway bar for mine. 👍.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

I used goo gone on my black challenger and it deeestroyyeddd the clear coat lol. But I did it in direct hot sunlight like an idiot lol

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my spring detailing done at my local detail shop. Man they do a GREAT job for a very reasonable price. Full exterior fallout removal, clay bar, reseal and then full detail on the interior with leather cleaned and conditioned on top of it. $250.
For a 4 year old truck, it looks like I just drove it out of the showroom.
Luv my Limited!

DFB8FEC4-EDA2-4347-AB38-ECDFADB44091.jpeg 910F69FC-D211-4034-B07A-5C33D65D7977.jpeg
3DFBE52D-8B24-49AF-97F0-F1DDD0BB9530.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread