5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, it was Eighty that said he had dual pods.
I have dual pods as well, but the wires arnt long enough to reach into a single connector. I bought the Vice design harness and a splitter.

Attachments

• PXL_20230225_222423061.jpg
    PXL_20230225_222423061.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 97

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not so much boogying this weekend but more crawling and overlanding.
thumbnail_IMG_3587.jpg
Visited Cougar Butte near Johnson Valley to see some hardcore Jeep/ ATV/ Ultra4 trails. Yeap that is a trail. My friend climbing up for reference.
thumbnail_0F01CEFE-FB31-4692-8222-2FB855DC1660IMG_2327.jpg
Also visited the painted skull rock.
thumbnail_IMG_3589.jpg
Camped out in one of the rocky hills. We used two Devos camp lights to light up the camp site.
thumbnail_IMG_3603.jpg thumbnail_IMG_3604.jpg thumbnail_IMG_3606.jpg
Suffered from some damages from going over rocks. I am still not used to how long these trucks are while offroading, and I don't understand why factory gave us 33s and not put 35s as options. I don't really want to toss these 33s with not even 5000 miles on them but with such a long wheelbase, 35s would've helped with avoiding all these scraping. I can't even imagine how bad it would be if I stayed with the factory Rebel suspension.
The last damage on the body could've been prevented from a set of sliders. Unfortunately the set I ordered from Black Friday 2023 is not here yet.

thumbnail_IMG_3608.jpg
Also installed my third brake light to make it meet road legal requirement since the tent and rack are not coming out. I tapped this into the taillight harness on the driver side. Black for ground and white and green wire for power.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
do u happen to have a write up for this ? im interested in adding this
check the thread, 2021 night edition third brake light, it has a bunch of good info and exactly what you need to do the upgrade. Full disclosure it is a pretty pricey upgrade, but good news is that it is basically plug and play except for the video cable that will need to be ran from back third brake light to front. There is a good infotainment video showing exactly how to do the whole install.
There's a better thread for this. I wrote a how to.

GraySkull

Reaction score

PrdCdn

Reaction score
Washed her - shes got dirty quickly. Bought seat back covers and and back seat covers for the boys booster seats. Could not be happier with it!!!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Washed her - shes got dirty quickly. Bought seat back covers and and back seat covers for the boys booster seats. Could not be happier with it!!!
Do you need help posting a pic?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Whops forgot to include a link it's the CR1
HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit
Realtruck via the forums can likely get you a better price. I paid $130 for mine.

I don't have any daylight pictures as I didn't put it on till around 5pm I can take 1 tomorrow.

It's only bright in reverse, which at that points it's suppose to be bright. The brake light is bright, but pretty close to the rest of the lights. The camera makes it seem blinding, which all of the lights are the 10 feet away I was.

The trailer hitch pod light is now on sale through Diode Dynamics for $85.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Went to the track yesterday to get some data. I ran the truck full weight on my heavy 20x12 wheels. I wasn’t sure how well I would hook up being on street tires. Lowered rear tire pressure to 22psi and eased into the throttle. Overall not bad, a lot more potential. Worked some bugs out and got some good tuning data for my tuner.

View attachment 153734
Very nice! Truck sounded good in the vid, too

HemiDude

Reaction score
Put on some of my decals today. Somehow misplaced my red "RAM" door decals, and I found a defect in my etorque embem on the hood. The dealer is ordering me a new one and I'll make those red also. Added my AVS window vents, Husky mud flaps, and some red tow hooks.
Looks good. What was the defect you found?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The trailer hitch pod light is now on sale through Diode Dynamics for $85.
Nice.
$136 for mine with the break light.
I got mine for $130.

The $85 is only running light and reverse (which is probably best for most people).
I bet people that have problem with reverse lights would love that for $85.

I think I might buy the $85 for my wife's Acadia for the additional reverse light

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The last damage on the body could've been prevented from a set of sliders. Unfortunately the set I ordered from Black Friday 2023 is not here yet.

Should be no surprise there. They probably won't ship them until Black Friday 2023 has actually passed. You probably still have 9 months to go.

;)

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should be no surprise there. They probably won't ship them until Black Friday 2023 has actually passed. You probably still have 9 months to go.

;)
they are actually ready and I was supposed to go pick them up, but my work schedule changed about a month ago so had to switch to shipping. On the plus side, I don't have to figure out how to get them back lol.

Funny story: I actually passed by the shop on Saturday but I didn't make appointment with them for pick up. And even if I picked them up I still need to paint them.

Unclepoot

Reaction score
Installed the ORP rear springs to finish off the rear for now. Gonna see if it’ll settle down any. Them old springs didn’t wanna come out too easy. Had the pumpkin dropped as far as it would go with the track bar unbolted and still had to fight a little. ORP springs were even more fun with just a prybar…

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the ORP rear springs to finish off the rear for now. Gonna see if it’ll settle down any. Them old springs didn’t wanna come out too easy. Had the pumpkin dropped as far as it would go with the track bar unbolted and still had to fight a little. ORP springs were even more fun with just a prybar…
next time have a fat friend hanging off the wheel.
i know because I'm the fat friend.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully you took the brake lines loose when you dropped the axle. Otherwise you probably stretched your rubber lines prying

Users who are viewing this thread