5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Slight sound difference but definitely noticeable pickup in acceleration especially 3rd gear and up. Shifts are much more solid.
Aftermarket units were way cheaper but I wanna keep it Ram as much as possible.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I grew up in the NYC metro area. Bumping cars to get out of a parking spot was normal growing up. It helps that I was driving my dad's van, which had those rubber bumper cover, no paint to scratch up when you bumped other cars. :ROFLMAO:

Looked something like this.,.
iu

I miss that van. RWD in a blizzard was fun (y)

Ever see people putting those ugly bumper guards?
iu
ah the hi-ace!
i had a previa before. that thing was a sleeper!

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My first muscle car was my dad's nissan Vanette.

You couldn't tell my youthful self that thing wasn't a 10sec car. 😅

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try parking a real beat! View attachment 153992

I previously had a 2006 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins with the 6 1/2‘ bed and it was pretty long. I had converted the front bumper to the SRT-10 bumper which added a couple more inches to the length since it stuck out a little bit further than the factory 2500 bumper. Factory length was 247.7”, so roughly 250+” with the SRT-10 front bumper. My current 2022 1500 Crew Cab with 6’ 4” bed is 241.8”. I find my current truck a little easier to park.

EE456681-96AD-4DB8-88B3-41C877DAD80D.jpeg

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
So I've still got 2 feet on you.
The ruler comes out tomorrow. I'll measure both and tell you the difference.
I know they are not even but there is a big difference.
View attachment 154248
According to the measurements online, I stand by what I said. I’m not sure where you pulled 2.6 feet out of? Lol the bed itself is 1’ 8” longer. But the crew cabs on these new trucks are way bigger than the old quad cab

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
According to the measurements online, I stand by what I said. I’m not sure where you pulled 2.6 feet out of? Lol the bed itself is 1’ 8” longer. But the crew cabs on these new trucks are way bigger than the old quad cab
Out of my but! But my knees are in the bolster in the new truck. I can't even use my parking brake without moving my leg out of the way. Much more room up front in my old quad cab. My front door is the size of the crew cab rear door. They merely moved the front seat forward. I'm checking it tomorrow.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Out of my but! But my knees are in the bolster in the new truck. I can't even use my parking brake without moving my leg out of the way. Much more room up front in my old quad cab. My front door is the size of the crew cab rear door. They merely moved the front seat forward. I'm checking it tomorrow.
Online specs show a 2002 Quad cab 2500 with 8' bed is 244.1" long. That's just over 20'. My 2020 1500 crew cab with 5.7" bed is just over 19' long. The 6.4" bed would be close to 20' long.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Sir I don’t think the truck is small; you just sound huge lol. Numbers don’t lie though - professionally measured the difference is 2.3”.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I could not wait. Screenshot_20230310_210213_Google.jpg Screenshot_20230310_210324_Google.jpg 249.7, minus 232.9 equals16.8"
I don't know what you use to measure in Cali, but in the Midwest that is very close to a Foot and a half!!! Not 2.3"...
(Mic Drop).

I'm 6' tall.

Last edited:

Kevinn

Reaction score
To each his own, but coming from a quad cab, its hard to look at a crew cab 5'7" and not think it looks extremely odd. I don't know why only 9 inches makes such a difference, but the 6'4" looks so much more normal. The second I saw a 6'4" bed i knew i wouldn't have anything but it with the crew cab, but thats only my opinion and taste.

Users who are viewing this thread