5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
It was 50 degrees in NJ today, so I pulled out the power washer and foam cannon gun. Got mine all cleaned up so I could install my Recon LED 3rd brake light and Recon taillights. Removed one taillight and got the new one out.....only to realize they don't come with gaskets....ughhh! I even remember reading something a couple months ago about a set of lights not coming with gaskets. Must have been these. So, no taillight install, but I did get the 3rd brake light in. At least my truck will be nice and clean to go to work tomorrow. Pics to come when I get them all installed. Time to check google/amazon for gaskets. :(

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It was 50 degrees in NJ today, so I pulled out the power washer and foam cannon gun. Got mine all cleaned up so I could install my Recon LED 3rd brake light and Recon taillights. Removed one taillight and got the new one out.....only to realize they don't come with gaskets....ughhh! I even remember reading something a couple months ago about a set of lights not coming with gaskets. Must have been these. So, no taillight install, but I did get the 3rd brake light in. At least my truck will be nice and clean to go to work tomorrow. Pics to come when I get them all installed. Time to check google/amazon for gaskets. :(
What gaskets do taillights need?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sponsored, nor affiliated with any party, but here is one of my 5" Auxbeam lights from Amazon. Didn't seem to change regardless of how I flipped it, even sideways. There is no "top", but given the mounting bracket and logo placement there is an inferred top.
20230226_201158.jpg 20230226_201228.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sponsored, nor affiliated with any party, but here is one of my 5" Auxbeam lights from Amazon. Didn't seem to change regardless of how I flipped it, even sideways. There is no "top", but given the mounting bracket and logo placement there is an inferred top.
View attachment 153079 View attachment 153080
I will be flipping mine and seeing how they look. There is definitely some type of focusing lense, which allows for them to look black when off PXL_20230219_172547837.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not with my Ram but about:
I finally took the time to write 2 more posts about the truck. This time about switches and electrical walk through.

You can head there if you're interested:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those are the ones i suggested. From the pics it looks like a nice output. Spot flood combo right?
Is the side shooter decent? That is part of the reason i was thinking about this set
Ok, sorry, yes. These are the ones you suggested. I like them. Yes, somewhat of a spot flood combo. I would have preferred a little less spot, but not going to complain. Yes, the sideshooters are worthwhile and help fill out the "flood" pattern. I'm happy with the purchase. Might get another set for the wife's TJ.

My Vice Designs adapter shipped this morning. Can't wait. Wish it were a hidden winch, but I can't justify that right now with another project truck.

Next camping trip is end of March. Heading to the Rockies. Will be in an AirBnB for several nights with some friends. Only get to tent camp one night after they head home.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh and I also decided to paint the bolts on my wheels the same color I painted my brake calipers and some other accents on the truck - VHT Burnt Copper. Still gotta paint the chrome method logo on the center cap but I gotta take the whole wheel off for that and I don’t feel like taking these 122lb behemoths off 😂 View attachment 152936
View attachment 152935
That looks good!! I want to paint the "beadlock" on my wheels to black but it'll be a pain to do it right.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, sorry, yes. These are the ones you suggested. I like them. Yes, somewhat of a spot flood combo. I would have preferred a little less spot, but not going to complain. Yes, the sideshooters are worthwhile and help fill out the "flood" pattern. I'm happy with the purchase. Might get another set for the wife's TJ.

My Vice Designs adapter shipped this morning. Can't wait. Wish it were a hidden winch, but I can't justify that right now with another project truck.

Next camping trip is end of March. Heading to the Rockies. Will be in an AirBnB for several nights with some friends. Only get to tent camp one night after they head home.
Cool. thanks for the feedback

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No matter how you angle the light themselfs, light output is still 170 degrees and the hitch is still in the same position. Your lights are behind the the edge of the hitch. move the lights to the distance as the hitch, shadow will be gone. I'll bet you. Masters in Physical sience tells me so.
So where do I pick up this Masters in Physical Science from you at? Is it something you can just ship to me?

Flipped the lights in the brackets and now have this. Need to aim them up higher now. Have to loosen the screws and dint want to climb under the truck tonight. Plus you can see my step-sons truck parked right behind me PXL_20230228_014959382.jpg

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So where do I pick up this Masters in Physical Science from you at? Is it something you can just ship to me?

Flipped the lights in the brackets and now have this. Need to aim them up higher now. Have to loosen the screws and dint want to climb under the truck tonight. Plus you can see my step-sons truck parked right behind me View attachment 153228
How do we know those are the headlights from your son's truck....

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How do we know those are the headlights from your son's truck....
Because I'd never let him drive is his headlights were that badly adjusted. And you can obviously tell the LEDs are on under my bumper

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Flipped the lights in the brackets and now have this. Need to aim them up higher now. Have to loosen the screws and dint want to climb under the truck tonight. Plus you can see my step-sons truck parked right behind me View attachment 153228
All I see is an eerie face under the right exhaust.

f4a56b853dd2170b332b75406c29cae3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online