5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's why I got the Durango. I couldn't swing a truck at the time, and my boat and trailer is over 4,000 lbs, without gear and gas. Durango with light tow pkg is 7,200 lbs, with tow n go, it's 8,700 lbs. Nothing but a pickup tows more.
Glad to hear all the feedback. The wife and I are looking at replacing her Cherokee soon and these have been on my shortlist. She doesn't drive much anymore (work from home), but we take a lot of weekend trips for kids hockey. I just want a hemi, leather, heated seats and wheel, and rear captains. And of course white ha. I really like the looks of them, but I know mileage will take a definite hit over what we're getting now.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Glad to hear all the feedback. The wife and I are looking at replacing her Cherokee soon and these have been on my shortlist. She doesn't drive much anymore (work from home), but we take a lot of weekend trips for kids hockey. I just want a hemi, leather, heated seats and wheel, and rear captains. And of course white ha. I really like the looks of them, but I know mileage will take a definite hit over what we're getting now.
I think it has a 3.7 gear, and it's full time all wheel drive, so worse than 3.21 truck by about 1 MPG. And it is a great vehicle, but the sportier seats are not comfortable for fat people on long trips.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it has a 3.7 gear, and it's full time all wheel drive, so worse than 3.21 truck by about 1 MPG. And it is a great vehicle, but the sportier seats are not comfortable for fat people on long trips.
Makes sense, thank you. I drive pretty conservatively, and we live in the sticks so everything around here is obligated to 55 mph. If I could get low 20's like I did with my ram (before 35's :LOL: ), I'd take it. Although, I'm getting 29-30 with her v6 cherokee. With kids and cargo growing though, we just need more space.

MrWeatherman

Reaction score
How easy do these come on and off. I too use a universal cover during the work week so im not getting paint on my seat. Is this the universal fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So these are from covercraft, they have universal ones, but these were made to custom fit my truck. Just enter the year make and model and these will fit snug.

Installation is easy, just a few straps that get connected under the seat so you don’t see any of the straps dangling outside.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/carhartt-super-dux-precisionfit-custom-seat-covers.CGT-GTCO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6of36

Reaction score
Makes sense, thank you. I drive pretty conservatively, and we live in the sticks so everything around here is obligated to 55 mph. If I could get low 20's like I did with my ram (before 35's :LOL: ), I'd take it. Although, I'm getting 29-30 with her v6 cherokee. With kids and cargo growing though, we just need more space.
You may get 20 at 55. I am generally city or 75-80 on freeways. In the summer I think I got 20 once with a tail wind.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
I already got the build sheet weeks ago, and it wasn't on it. Wasn't sure if the parts would just not be listed separate, if they were part of another group. Even when I went to the dealer yesterday, they insisted it had it. I searched the manual, and it wasn't easy to find, but eventually found it should have 12 pin connector. Good chance I will reorder.
Was it listed on the POC when you ordered it?

HemiDude

Reaction score
What did I do to the Ram today? Adjusted the Hellwig to the tightest setting. Had it set to center hole, noticed with all of these roundabouts they keep putting around here that I would like a little less roll, especially when there are two roundabouts in a row Took it out, it’s better 🙂

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
Assuming no exhaust, any difference in sound with this? The vararam has a nice sound but have always been curious about this one.
I have a Borla Atak cat back.....so of course most of the sound I hear is that. Yesterday after the install, I used my hand to rev it up with the door open and hood up. Could definitely hear a difference. I need to drive it more to give you a better answer.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing like doing a job 2x

Since I leveled it 2 weeks back (readylift 2”) I haven’t driven much more then a few miles up the road. Well had to run over to my storage unit.. got the dreaded waterfowler41 clunk. Checked and retorqued everything. Jacked it up.. notice the coil was pretty close to the control arm once dropped.. marked the coil with a paint pen drove a few miles and sure enough rubbing. Which I was surprised with since I kept it simple Bilstein 5100 set at stock clip with readylifts 2” strut spacers.. non ORG setup. Went against my better judgement and went with the strut spacers versus just setting the clip on the Bilsteins up higher to achieve the lift. Pulled the Bilstein out.. stripped the fuc**getting the coil apart to set the clip (allen head strut rod), used my good impact just to hammer down and break the rod so I wouldn’t have to drill it out. Jumped on summit ordered 2 new Bilsteins on Sunday (a spare just in case the passenger side does the same thing) paid for 2 day shipping and forgetting all about Monday being a Holiday.. thankfully came in early this morning. Quick swap.. and went ahead and swapped the passenger side with the new strut. Set clip at 5 kept about 1-1.5 of rake with B12 springs in the rear. Ill have to measure again one i throw my jobox and tools back in the bed in a few days. Dawned on me there’s no way your getting the advertised 2” lift out of readylifts spacers when the spacer itself is only 1” and the threaded rod is 1” which wouldn’t effect the lift once bolted up.

What a headache but all is good now. Besides getting the alignment rechecked in a few days no more clunk and rides amazing. Surprised more guys haven’t run into this issue.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing like doing a job 2x

Since I leveled it 2 weeks back (readylift 2”) I haven’t driven much more then a few miles up the road. Well had to run over to my storage unit.. got the dreaded waterfowler41 clunk. Checked and retorqued everything. Jacked it up.. notice the coil was pretty close to the control arm once dropped.. marked the coil with a paint pen drove a few miles and sure enough rubbing. Which I was surprised with since I kept it simple Bilstein 5100 set at stock clip with readylifts 2” strut spacers.. non ORG setup. Went against my better judgement and went with the strut spacers versus just setting the clip on the Bilsteins up higher to achieve the lift. Pulled the Bilstein out.. stripped the fuc**getting the coil apart to set the clip (allen head strut rod), used my good impact just to hammer down and break the rod so I wouldn’t have to drill it out. Jumped on summit ordered 2 new Bilsteins on Sunday (a spare just in case the passenger side does the same thing) paid for 2 day shipping and forgetting all about Monday being a Holiday.. thankfully came in early this morning. Quick swap.. and went ahead and swapped the passenger side with the new strut. Set clip at 5 kept about 1-1.5 of rake with B12 springs in the rear. Ill have to measure again one i throw my jobox and tools back in the bed in a few days. Dawned on me there’s no way your getting the advertised 2” lift out of readylifts spacers when the spacer itself is only 1” and the threaded rod is 1” which wouldn’t effect the lift once bolted up.

What a headache but all is good now. Besides getting the alignment rechecked in a few days no more clunk and rides amazing. Surprised more guys haven’t run into this issue.

that waterfowler41 video with the clunk saved me an installation. I already had the spacers on hand but saw the video just in time,
I do have the off road group. No bilsteins at the time so I went with Belltech. You are probably one of the very few with this issue with the non off road group.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You know what I remember him having a issue awhile back and thought it wasn’t going to effect me since he was running stock Bilstein w/ ORG w/ factory control arms and figured since I wasn’t going all out and was sticking to clip 1, stock non org springs, aftermarket control arms I wouldn’t have any issue and would of just stuck to setting the clip higher on the Bilsteins instead but nope thats not how that day went lol but hey its good to go now just upset it cost me more money then it should of.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You know what I remember him having a issue awhile back and thought it wasn’t going to effect me since he was running stock Bilstein w/ ORG w/ factory control arms and figured since I wasn’t going all out and was sticking to clip 1, stock non org springs, aftermarket control arms I wouldn’t have any issue and would of just stuck to setting the clip higher on the Bilsteins instead but nope thats not how that day went lol but hey its good to go now just upset it cost me more money then it should of.

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please tell me that the snakes are family pets or some hobby collection.

If you tell me that thing just showed up in your yard I am changing province tomorrow!!!!!!
No they’re not pets and yes those rattlesnakes show up in my yard! They show up in the heat of summer I suspect because I have underground irrigation that comes on at night.
I catch and relocate them out into the country. Quite an “invigorating” process LOL. Everyone thinks I‘m nuts! Well….maybe a little but I can’t have them in my yard with dogs and it would take to long waiting for Conservation guys to show up.

Users who are viewing this thread