5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought and installed the receiver brackets he posted. And the LED pods I posted earlier. Got them installed today. Had to do mine s little different than he didn't. I sure depending on the lights and how they mount will determine where you have to position the brackets. Couldn't get them out under the bumper any further. So they are kid of tucked behind a little. Don't look too bad from the back. View attachment 152461 View attachment 152462 View attachment 152463 View attachment 152464
Thanks for the pix? I ordered lights and brackets too. Mine will be here Wednesday. I want mine kinda hidden and pointed more down. I'd like to have them tied into reverse, but don't want to be obnoxious. I put some LED backups in my Malibu and now it blinds me when I unlock at night and approach from the rear, but I can light up the woods by just unlocking the car... 😄

Did you tie into a plug and play harness as well? I just realize I forgot to order that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the pix? I ordered lights and brackets too. Mine will be here Wednesday. I want mine kinda hidden and pointed more down. I'd like to have them tied into reverse, but don't want to be obnoxious. I put some LED backups in my Malibu and now it blinds me when I unlock at night and approach from the rear, but I can light up the woods by just unlocking the car... 😄

Did you tie into a plug and play harness as well? I just realize I forgot to order that.
I'm still waiting on that to arrive. I ordered from @VICE design because they are cheaper than Shifts and Grins. They also sell a splitter harness to connect two light pods.

Once si get them wired up and test, I may re-aim them

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that a Grizzly? Looks like the typical shoulder hump.🤔
Beautiful coloring on that bear.
It's a brown black bear. The 'hump' is due to camera angle.

The facial profile is a dead giveaway.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s what had me confused. The face looked like a black bear but wasn’t sure. No browns around here. Only true black bears in WI. Two are on my wall.
I don't mess with no bears. I only hunt for food and bears do not fit into my levitical diet.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought and installed the receiver brackets he posted. And the LED pods I posted earlier. Got them installed today. Had to do mine s little different than he didn't. I sure depending on the lights and how they mount will determine where you have to position the brackets. Couldn't get them out under the bumper any further. So they are kid of tucked behind a little. Don't look too bad from the back. View attachment 152461 View attachment 152462 View attachment 152463 View attachment 152464
any pics of the lights at night?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure, quoted towing capacity by Chevy is 5000lbs with the towing package
That's why I got the Durango. I couldn't swing a truck at the time, and my boat and trailer is over 4,000 lbs, without gear and gas. Durango with light tow pkg is 7,200 lbs, with tow n go, it's 8,700 lbs. Nothing but a pickup tows more.

6of36

Reaction score
My Fitcamx arrived, but no truck to mount it in. Went to dealer to see new truck, but it's missing trailer surround system. Sales manager tried saying it's there, there is no separate plug, you just hook up your regular trailer lights and it works. 🤣 Shows how little they know. Haven't decided to buy it or reorder.

MrWeatherman

Reaction score
First Mod since I got the truck a few weeks ago. It came with both front but just installed on my side because of my work clothes.

7bdd7fe0057434604f6e52aa3cc4ef26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeRam

Reaction score
My Fitcamx arrived, but no truck to mount it in. Went to dealer to see new truck, but it's missing trailer surround system. Sales manager tried saying it's there, there is no separate plug, you just hook up your regular trailer lights and it works. 🤣 Shows how little they know. Haven't decided to buy it or reorder.
@6of36 add your VIN to the end of this link and it will provide the build sheet for the truck you ordered... take it to the dealer and show him its not there.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First Mod since I got the truck a few weeks ago. It came with both front but just installed on my side because of my work clothes.

7bdd7fe0057434604f6e52aa3cc4ef26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How easy do these come on and off. I too use a universal cover during the work week so im not getting paint on my seat. Is this the universal fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Out with the tent and wife. We're just at a campground this weekend with some friends, so we have 120v power, but I think we like your idea for our setup. Going to dig more into this and try to build something before our next trip with the tent in April. Was thinking about just pulling the 12v battery off our camper for now, but a dedicated battery and maybe look more into solar for recharging.

If you don't mind I might bug you a little more about your build and specific parts.

We are still interested in the Jackery and it's AC for one of our other campers. I collect old car projects, and my wife collects campers it seems.
I don’t mind at all. My build isn’t perfect, but it suits our needs pretty well, and I’ve been able to tweak it to make it better over time. The tweaks paid off this weekend, on our camping trip. It was great having everything good to go, wiring and lighting-wise, since we did arrive at a campsite after dark.

Attachments

• EB487EA5-353A-403B-8FF0-2D8EB65C0F83.jpeg
    EB487EA5-353A-403B-8FF0-2D8EB65C0F83.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 79

6of36

Reaction score
@6of36 add your VIN to the end of this link and it will provide the build sheet for the truck you ordered... take it to the dealer and show him its not there.
I already got the build sheet weeks ago, and it wasn't on it. Wasn't sure if the parts would just not be listed separate, if they were part of another group. Even when I went to the dealer yesterday, they insisted it had it. I searched the manual, and it wasn't easy to find, but eventually found it should have 12 pin connector. Good chance I will reorder.

Users who are viewing this thread