5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has been off for two months, and today I just started popping codes for it. Will check connector to make sure it isn't filled with water
I taped my plug up and tied it out of the way. I checked for error codes after drive in to town and back and it's all clear for now. I'll see how it holds up.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I taped my plug up and tied it out of the way. I checked for error codes after drive in to town and back and it's all clear for now. I'll see how it holds up.
We did just get snow, and it was fine until I took it through carwash today. But today wasnt first time through carwash with it unplugged

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oil change. Fumoto valve and Harbor freight ramps. They have a 20% off coupon deal going on until monday for presidents day who ever is interested.

Attachments

• 20230218_145728.jpg
    20230218_145728.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 20230218_145555.jpg
    20230218_145555.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 20230218_144934.jpg
    20230218_144934.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 103

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
I can see why.
After watching many videos of on-line pros, I have the general idea. I just don't see how metallic colors can be blended to get a seamless look without just respraying the whole part. I'd rather put stickers over the chips than respray.
This is always an option:

1676774218317.png

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
I found another chip on my bumper.
I'm no pro at chip touch-ups, but silver must be one difficult color to repair seamlessly.
I used the mopar paint touch-up stick with the clear coat. The first touch-up was a real test of my patience. It sucks, but I've accepted it. While removing the air dams, I found this other one. I'm just repeating the process and living with it.

Please let me know how to make it look better for next time this happens. Apparently, sanding the final coat of metallic paint is a no-no.

New chip.
View attachment 152222

Repaired chip.
View attachment 152223
Have you tried Dr. ColorChip? Love that stuff.... I need to order two colors for my BackCountry before Spring.

2019Raven

Reaction score
Well, after 5 hours I have installed the Blackvue DR750X-2CH Plus. This is a front and rear camera setup. Followed the information on this site from others who have installed these type of cameras and this video on YouTube (
). His step by step video instructions were they key I needed to run the wires.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We moved out of the woods and into suburbia which means we have an acre to mow and a growing season that lasts 3 times as long. In NH, you'd mow June - August every 10 days. Here, I need to mow twice a week March to October.

So I went to go buy a mower that could handle the abuse. Turns out push mowers from Honda aren't $350 anymore..They're $900-$1200 for the ones with a good structure of steel and 200CC motors.

My wife went online to find a used one and we came across this little treasure. A 2010 John Deere LA105 (base model) with 14 hours on the clock. No chips, no rust, sharp blades and the motor had zero gunk. The OEM air filter, carb, it was all brand new. The owner got it as an inheritance gift but they lived in a condo. They replaced the starter and battery and it was tuned up at a JD dealer and they listed it for sale for $800. Started right up today, no issues so we loaded it up and took it home.

It was $1500 in 2007 ($2200 in today's dollars) so not much depreciation but to be honest, a 14 hour mower for our 1 acre of totally flat lawn is going to have no problems once I go through everything. Pretty easy to work on. I already took apart the carb and cleaned it out. Will sea-foam it tomorrow with some fresh gasoline.

I was happy to have the 6.5 foot bed today (like most days when I'm hauling):

aipssmy.jpg
eXiOlxs.jpg
GDLF8fK.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread