5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got done putting new front pads and rotors on my truck. Just got to do the rears. Not today tho. My knees aren't happy after the front set.

Keep in mind use the brake service feature in the uconnect settings to retract the rear pistons into the caliper or learn the hardway they just dont compress in enough with the old skool cclamp method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

D-dub

Reaction score
Keep in mind use the brake service feature in the uconnect settings to retract the rear pistons into the caliper or learn the hardway they just dont compress in enough with the old skool cclamp method

Yeah....Ive read all about that for the rears.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I have not even driven my truck as the wife borrowed it for her duties at the World Ag Expo and I am sure it will be covered in all sorts of mud....ugh! And I just cleaned it. Oh well it is a truck doing truck stuff :)

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last bit of chrome had to go. Stopped at my storage unit pulled out black sport hood bezel coated that and new rims with Dlux probably stop by tomorrow get another coat on and I’ll install in a few days once the rain lets up.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finished my rock lights. This was my first time doing rock lights. They definitely help, but I need some light on the back of the rear tires. Not sure if I want to try repositioning or add more lights. Wondering if extra back up lights that bolt on to the sides of the receiver could point down enough. I only need them there when backing up, so could just tie them into the trailer harness.
View attachment 151689 View attachment 151690 View attachment 151691
So, my wife suggested mounting the lights to point across to the other side. Good idea.. but the best place was the lower shock mount. Not sure how long lights would last there. Might play around with some frame mount options in that area. Or could mount another set back by the spare. Just have to watch for the exhaust. I'm trying to see around my tires when alone, especially in reverse.

Where does everyone else have theirs? Searching Google shows a lot of lights shining straight down on tires from wheel wells. Which doesn't look helpful.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finished my rock lights. This was my first time doing rock lights. They definitely help, but I need some light on the back of the rear tires. Not sure if I want to try repositioning or add more lights. Wondering if extra back up lights that bolt on to the sides of the receiver could point down enough. I only need them there when backing up, so could just tie them into the trailer harness.
View attachment 151689 View attachment 151690 View attachment 151691

Unless you need your hitch when out camping

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Unless you need your hitch when out camping

Thanks. I saw that, but looking for something permanent. Sometimes we take the tent and sometimes the trailer. None of the hitch mount options I've seen will work and keep the receiver usable.

Users who are viewing this thread