5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Got it washed, fueled it up and bought some new iPhone charging cables after my wife discovered the one I had in it didn’t work. I use the Ram Charger, so I had no idea the charging cable I put in the truck (found in the junk drawer in the kitchen) didn’t work.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, we have quite a few Canucks buying houses down here. Your free healthcare is not a worthy trade-off in my book.
Hey, trust me…..we know!
If I could move down to warmer climates year round, I’d do it in a heartbeat!
Best we can do up here is mild winter, but it’s still winter. I get to use my pool 6 months, get ready for winter and then deal with shoveling snow for 4 months.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, trust me…..we know!
Best we can do up here is mild winter, but it’s still winter. I get to use my pool 6 months, get ready for winter and then deal with shoveling snow for 4 months.
you get all 4 seasons that's great!

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, trust me…..we know!
My wife keeps saying she wants a house with a pool but I just can't justify that move.

All the cost to own, maintain and operate a pool just doesn't justify 3 to 4 months of annual usage. Not when I'd much rather build a bigger shop and outfit it with a cruiser and a stick-shift non-computerized car.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife keeps saying she wants a house with a pool but I just can't justify that move.

All the cost to own, maintain and operate a pool just doesn't justify 3 to 4 months of annual usage. Not when I'd much rather build a bigger shop and outfit it with a cruiser and a stick-shift non-computerized car.
just take her to the lake. Close enough but bigger. You play with your watercraft and she does whatever she does at the pool!

y'all see why I can't get married LOL

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not really free, you just pay for it in other ways. Including long wait times
3 out the 6 us got minor surgeries done over the holiday season without me paying anything 'extra' or on the spot.

As an immigrant, knowing full well what some of the alternatives/realities are in other countries, I have zero qualms with the present arrangement.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just take her to the lake. Close enough but bigger. You play with your watercraft and she does whatever she does at the pool!

y'all see why I can't get married LOL
The movie "Lake placid" has left her permanently traumatized. Took a whole lot of convincing to get her out in a kayak last year. 😆

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The movie "Lake placid" has left her permanently traumatized. Took a whole lot of convincing to get her out in a kayak last year. 😆
oh man that reminds me of the time and trouble for us to convince my sister that "there's no sharks in the swimming pool" when we were learning to swim :ROFLMAO:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The kids had us talked into a pool. So, we bought a cheap 12' one just to see how it would work. Kids used it once. Too much dirt work to put it where we would want it. Screw it, we go to lake many times during the summer. We're doing a shop and a hot tub.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The kids had us talked into a pool. So, we bought a cheap 12' one just to see how it would work. Kids used it once. Too much dirt work to put it where we would want it. Screw it, we go to lake many times during the summer. We're doing a shop and a hot tub.
Attaboy!

One of my good friends bought a house with a pool and I watched him stress over water salinity, chlorine levels, opening and closing, water pump issues, THE WATER BILL, and a host of other stuff.

I don't need that drama.....

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Don’t let her find about saltwater pools. Low maintenance! I luv mine for that.
Now, hot tubs….you want to talk about maintenance! You have to have a Degree in Biology to own one and keep the chemicals right. I’ve had 3 over the years. Never again.

Users who are viewing this thread