5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got some new tires to go on my new take-offs to fit under my previously installed level/lift.
Installation is scheduled for Tuesday.

Hankook Dynapro AT2 Xtreme RF12, 295/70r18

I found the tires for a reasonable cost and 10% off.
The wheels were priced reasonably too 😌, but the drive to get them wasn't 😞.

View attachment 148065 View attachment 148066 View attachment 148069 View attachment 148070 View attachment 148071

I got my wheels and tires installed.

I could only go up to 2600mm on the wheel circumference before I disabled my auto high-beams and lane sense. My speedo is only 1 mph slow at 60 mph, so it's close enough. It was about 4 mph slow.
The new TPMS sensors connected within 4 miles.
They suit my style much better than the 20s.

Even for an E rated tire, they ride much better than I expected compared to the Duelers.

2023-01-10_18_30_47.jpg
2023-01-10_18_46_49.jpg

vandersnoot

Reaction score
Started installing Baja Designs fog light kit (S2s). Got the passenger side done then had to pick the kiddo up from school. Went with amber outer and clear inner light…looks pretty good imo.

broman66

Reaction score
I got my wheels and tires installed.

I could only go up to 2600mm on the wheel circumference before I disabled my auto high-beams and lane sense. My speedo is only 1 mph slow at 60 mph, so it's close enough. It was about 4 mph slow.
The new TPMS sensors connected within 4 miles.
They suit my style much better than the 20s.

Even for an E rated tire, they ride much better than I expected compared to the Duelers.

View attachment 148480
View attachment 148481
The tires take up a little more room in the wheel wells. Looks better. What size wheel and tires?

tabber02

Reaction score
Thanks brother! Also, I noticed your signature said you’re looking for a bed cover; I can’t recommend my Undercover Ultra Flex enough! It’s been perfect for almost 3 years now
appreciate that! i’ll do some research on undercover tonight. had been looking at a truxedo x15…

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The tires take up a little more room in the wheel wells. Looks better. What size wheel and tires?
Thanks.
The wheels are 18x8, OEM Night Edition Rebel new take-offs.
The tires are 295/70 r18, Hankook Dynapro AT2 Xtreme RF12.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, but interested in seeing more if you do. They only show these with RamBoxes. Was thinking my standard bed lights angled forward more than their photos show.
Update. The bed lights are still on the way, tho are a little suspect now that I got the rambox lights and while the housings look the same and there CLEARLY more leds in them, the connector sockets are not compatible with the truck. AND they tell you to bend the pins to make them fit. (Not what I’d call “plug and play”.) But even if you can do that w/o breaking them which I did, they still sit on a base too proud inside the housing socket to let the connector snap in. I got them to light up and they are a ton brighter, but I’m not taping that together when they say plug and play.

Pics to show what I mean. I’ll update with the bed lights when they show up.

This is the after market one:
761721B4-8E21-425F-B6E0-051A534AEB0B.jpeg

And this is the oem one:
E8355C72-3199-4386-A202-A69CB02D4F7F.jpeg

The pins sit so much deeper in the oem light you can barely see them. So the plug won’t go into the after markets all the way.

4B5FEEE4-3FDE-4FDB-8DAA-5460C693FBC4.jpeg
After market left, Oem rt

Shoddy, returnt.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got my light pods wired up for the new bumper today. Using factory dog light switch to control them.

Bought these off Amazon because it was just easier than going to karrs tire hoping they may have them
UTSAUTO H8 H11 880 881 Male... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N38KHNR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Had to shave off one of the tabs to fit into factory dog light connector. Quick work from a razor blade. Then soldered the two wires to the wire harness on the Rough Country light pods in place of the supplied switch. If anyone else wants to do this, the red wire on H11 plug goes to black on rough country light harness, and black goes to the blue wire. This let's the factory dog light switch trigger the relay in the RC light harness. There is a lot of extra wire that is zip ties up behind the bumper. Thankfully the guy who made the bumper added a lot of holes for the push in fasteners for factory park sensor harness so there were some for the light pods harness.

Getting a light bar for the bull bar tomorrow. Will have to decide what I want to do with that for control.

Picture to show the flush mount light pods. PXL_20230109_224652632.jpg

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Started installing Baja Designs fog light kit (S2s). Got the passenger side done then had to pick the kiddo up from school. Went with amber outer and clear inner light…looks pretty good imo.

I think I like those better than the Diode Dynamics SSC3 fogs I just installed (though I’m very happy with them). The SSC3 are 3” pods in a 2x2 pattern. These Baja’s look like they’d give a much wider throw, and better illuminate the sides. And I like that they fit the OEM LED fog light housing, where the SSC3s require replacing the housing with the OEM halogen fog trim.

Plus, it gives you the option of a white/amber combo, though I would have gone all amber anyway.

On the other hand, they’re significantly more expensive (I paid $380, including the replacement trim), and it seems the Baja lights may be on back order?

Diode Dynamics should consider making similar brackets to fit their SSC2 pods (1x2).

Users who are viewing this thread