5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did nothing to my truck today. Because it is going on it's fourth week in the shop for a shorted out puch button start module that the cracked rear slide window allowed water to drown. No spare modules anywhere to be found. I wonder what they use at the factory? Should have bought a Tundra.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my light pods wired up for the new bumper today. Using factory dog light switch to control them.

Bought these off Amazon because it was just easier than going to karrs tire hoping they may have them
UTSAUTO H8 H11 880 881 Male... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N38KHNR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Had to shave off one of the tabs to fit into factory dog light connector. Quick work from a razor blade. Then soldered the two wires to the wire harness on the Rough Country light pods in place of the supplied switch. If anyone else wants to do this, the red wire on H11 plug goes to black on rough country light harness, and black goes to the blue wire. This let's the factory dog light switch trigger the relay in the RC light harness. There is a lot of extra wire that is zip ties up behind the bumper. Thankfully the guy who made the bumper added a lot of holes for the push in fasteners for factory park sensor harness so there were some for the light pods harness.

Getting a light bar for the bull bar tomorrow. Will have to decide what I want to do with that for control.

Picture to show the flush mount light pods. View attachment 148582
Not gonna lie, was a little confused at first over the word "dog" lol

Good to know those work! I've had some fog lights in my garage for months now and had been meaning to do research to make them work with the stock switch. Thanks!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, was a little confused at first over the word "dog" lol

Good to know those work! I've had some fog lights in my garage for months now and had been meaning to do research to make them work with the stock switch. Thanks!

Me too. Especially since he misspelled it 3 times. 😆

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Little things.
Center console armrest organizer because it started to get junky and cover for protection when i take my dog to the park.
The cover matches the built to serve seats pretty good. It closes better without the straps so i am cutting them out.

Attachments

• 20230112_211237.jpg
    20230112_211237.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 20230112_205905.jpg
    20230112_205905.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 20230112_200717.jpg
    20230112_200717.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 20230112_200345.jpg
    20230112_200345.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 166

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did nothing to my truck today. Because it is going on it's fourth week in the shop for a shorted out puch button start module that the cracked rear slide window allowed water to drown. No spare modules anywhere to be found. I wonder what they use at the factory? Should have bought a Tundra.
Ok, I'm assuming the module is behind the back seat somewhere? Dang that's stupid.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Just saw following video about the 2023 1500 MY and I was wondering for 1 thing specifically.

Does someone have the part number of the smoked/shadow plastic side makers on the mirrors. They would suit perfect on the night edition mirrors of my 2022. And 2nd question, is it easily swapped or do you have to take off the mirror or the bigger cap?

it is in the beginning of the video:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw following video about the 2023 1500 MY and I was wondering for 1 thing specifically.

Does someone have the part number of the smoked/shadow plastic side makers on the mirrors. They would suit perfect on the night edition mirrors of my 2022. And 2nd question, is it easily swapped or do you have to take off the mirror or the bigger cap?

Just buy the smoked sequential turn signals off Amazon. And yes you have to take the whole mirror apart to replace but it's not that difficult

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You could buy an overlay and tint it? Easier and cheaper

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score

probably to new, you could go at a dealer, take note of the serial number of one of the truck they have with it, go to the part departement with the serial number, they will give you the part numbers for boths side as they will be different,

install, their is a thread in this forum, someone did it, if i rember right, you pull the glass mirror out to have acces to the bolts inside the mirror assembly, easy job

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/