5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I wait long enough, can just buy my parents place when they get too old. No attached garage, but 7 acres and a large outbuilding my dad had built for his tractors. Which I will end up with a few of
We're discussing a change of address later this year and I'm reaaaaaalllyy hoping to end up on acreage this time around. I'll settle for anything over 1 acre at this point.

I need some space around my house man.....

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Great idea. That’s what I did (shop) and never want to go back to one two car garage. When we built our house, we actually designed one part of the garage to be longer so I could park my truck inside.
I’m seriously jealous lol. I have an 18x18x7’ two car garage that very obviously doesn’t fit my truck. It barely fits my wife’s accord and I gotta make sure to keep my half of the garage (work bench + storage) organized or I can’t even more around in the garage lol ECE992A8-D884-4AF0-B8E3-5B41952CCC33.jpeg

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m seriously jealous lol. I have an 18x18x7’ two car garage that very obviously doesn’t fit my truck. It barely fits my wife’s accord and I gotta make sure to keep my half of the garage (work bench + storage) organized or I can’t even more around in the garage lol View attachment 147918

At least, when it hails, you can get everything but the bed in.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m seriously jealous lol. I have an 18x18x7’ two car garage that very obviously doesn’t fit my truck. It barely fits my wife’s accord and I gotta make sure to keep my half of the garage (work bench + storage) organized or I can’t even more around in the garage lol View attachment 147918
Your truck fits better than mine. My leveled on 35's won't clear my garage door opening. Vehicles we're so much smaller when it was built in the 70's ha. We're kinda half looking for acreage for the future, but prices around me have skyrocketed. Everyone from the cities have moved north to our county to telework.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that decals or painted? Do you have a link if decdecals
Just decals. Someone else has posted a link on here. I was really worried about getting them straight, but it wasn't bad at all.

They have a few different colors, plus the outlines. Just felt like the RAM got lost in all the black. I didn't want anything too bold, and as I said earlier these match my tires... for now.

20230104_123421.jpg

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
During winter break I did my oil change(went back to Valvoline, I was not a fan of the Penzoil Plat), cleaned the interior(kids are discussing) and my new personalized plates finally came in :)

*I know I have the dent in the bumper, I am just being lazy about getting it fixed :ROFLMAO: *

View attachment 147880
Your licence plate reminds me of a guy that lives near me. He owns 10 or 12 Rolls Royces that were all custom ordered in super bright colors. He calls them his Skittles. He also has 30 or so other exotics most painted in bright colors. His name is Michael Fux. YES THAT IS HIS REAL NAME. It is pronounced Fyoucks. Google him, his collection is un-real.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, I get that but I work for a manufacturer where we also make closed cell items (4’x8’ insulation boards @ 1/2” thick) & over time moisture will still make them smell & potentially change their composition. It more of a water “resistant” thing than a water “proof” thing. Just curious if they get rained on for a couple years or parked outside if they start to smell musty or anything like that & if it goes away after drying out or sticks around or anything like that.

I had one on my previous truck, 2003 ram. That bedrug lasted from brand new when I bought the truck and installed it through 2015 before I needed to replace it. Never stunk never held water.

I replaced it in 2015 with a new one and it was perfect when I sold the truck and 2020 when I bought this truck.

My 2020 has had one since the second weekend I bought the truck. Both trucks have always been kept outside rained on snowed on in the baking sun, bedrug held up just fine.

The only reason the first one (in my 2003) was replaced is because the morons at Lowe's tore it putting in a pallet of palms that my wife bought. Instead of lifting the pallet and placing it in the back of the truck, they drop the pallet in the bed then backed up and then slid the pallet forward by lifting up the back of the pallet while the front was still on the bedrug.
They should have hand loaded it, morons. Luckily I wasn't there.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had one on my previous truck, 2003 ram. That bedrug lasted from brand new when I bought the truck and installed it through 2015 before I needed to replace it. Never stunk never held water.

I replaced it in 2015 with a new one and it was perfect when I sold the truck and 2020 when I bought this truck.

My 2020 has had one since the second weekend I bought the truck. Both trucks have always been kept outside rained on snowed on in the baking sun, bedrug held up just fine.

The only reason the first one (in my 2003) was replaced is because the morons at Lowe's tore it putting in a pallet of palms that my wife bought. Instead of lifting the pallet and placing it in the back of the truck, they drop the pallet in the bed then backed up and then slid the pallet forward by lifting up the back of the pallet while the front was still on the bedrug.
They should have hand loaded it, morons. Luckily I wasn't there.

Thank you!! This is exactly the info I was looking for.

I’m sure the Lowe’s staff was happy you weren’t there either. 😎 I’ve loaded many a truck with small forklifts like theirs & you’re right, it’s hard to screw that up. Pay attention, go slow, & have a spotter.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you!! This is exactly the info I was looking for.

I’m sure the Lowe’s staff was happy you weren’t there either. 😎 I’ve loaded many a truck with small forklifts like theirs & you’re right, it’s hard to screw that up. Pay attention, go slow, & have a spotter.

They ended up buying me the replacement so it worked out but I had to stay on them and "express" my displeasure with them loudly

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They ended up buying me the replacement so it worked out but I had to stay on them and "express" my displeasure with them loudly

It’s the being loud part that sucks. It’s nice every once in a while when people want to work with you without having to get animated. I used to not mind, or heck even enjoy it a little bit I think in my younger years, but I’ve grown tired of those shenanigans. And I’m only 37.

Attachments

• D9CA00B7-5EBC-436B-9006-78225409799F.gif
    D9CA00B7-5EBC-436B-9006-78225409799F.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 23

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s the being loud part that sucks. It’s nice every once in a while when people want to work with you without having to get animated. I used to not mind, or heck even enjoy it a little bit I think in my younger years, but I’ve grown tired of those shenanigans. And I’m only 37.

Use of the word "shenanigans" is prohibited by members under the age of 60.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't have time to post yesterday but I added Summosprings to the back.
Let us know how the unloaded ride is. Do you have ORP? Did you use the spacer? Does the axle rest on the Sumo at resting ride height.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the only 5th gen I've seen with a dovetail, but they left it with no bumper. I think it looks pretty clean! I'm just going to have a hard time finding a rear bumper that'll match my front bumper and go well with a dove tail. A tube bumper would not match my front bumper.

I've pretty much modeled my truck close to this one 😅 View attachment 147831 View attachment 147832
What bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread