5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Reldn

Reaction score
Got the exterior lights installed today. Holding off on the tail lights until I pick up some rear turn signal bulbs so I can do all of those at once. Looking forward to seeing how much better these look once it gets dark.

S&B Intake arrived today as well. That's the next project on my list.
PXL_20221216_204159811.jpg
PXL_20221216_204249324.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not on truck yet, but I started on my bed power distribution box. 5 switches panel is overkill, and I honestly think I just need 2 switches. But knowing myself, I may want to add on more switched accessories later down the line.
At this time, I am waiting for longer bolts for me to mount this on the bed rail above my Decked system, then Ill be ready to run wires to battery.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2963.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2963.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2969.PNG
    IMG_2969.PNG
    586.5 KB · Views: 135
Reaction score
I started on rear heated seats, now its getting cold like to have them in back for my kids, I got them from leatherseats.com as I like to have a product tied to someone I can talk to if needed.
I love these projects but this is bigger than I thought, got the single seat done but the double one is not an easy disassemble. I took my time and documented all the clips and where they went.
About 4 hours to do single seat and 2 hours to get power from the fuse panel under center console, prediciting 6 hours for the double seat as there is a lot of fabric to clip back in IMG_0494.jpg IMG_0493.jpg IMG_0492.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the chase lights installed and wired up, and ran the wires along the frame.
thumbnail_30A89CD4-3B06-419F-8311-D3E6CA85F8E6.jpg
thumbnail_4485018A-8E0C-4489-8C0A-9EF16958C2DC.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2982.jpg
Also installed the power box. Unfortunately I cannot do basic math so I ended up with 3 ring terminals short for the power cable. Therefore, I simply ziptied the wires to bed rail and call it a day. Next, I need to make holes for bed and camp light wires.

Oh, and also installed some Christmas lights for... Christmas!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m surprised you didn’t get the bed linex’d prior to installing everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m surprised you didn’t get the bed linex’d prior to installing everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
thought about it but decided no need. Im not gonna use it to haul stuff and with the Decked and bed rails in there there's no contact point on the side anyways. I have a Mountain Hatch on order so I'm not worried about the tailgate either.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the chase lights installed and wired up, and ran the wires along the frame.
View attachment 146535
View attachment 146533

View attachment 146538
Also installed the power box. Unfortunately I cannot do basic math so I ended up with 3 ring terminals short for the power cable. Therefore, I simply ziptied the wires to bed rail and call it a day. Next, I need to make holes for bed and camp light wires.

Oh, and also installed some Christmas lights for... Christmas!
I absolutely love this rig.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My son and I put in a set of Air Lift 1000's in his 2020 1500 a couple days ago. Install was pretty straightforward and took about two hours' time taking our time and BS-ing. He installed the valves as his license plate bolts.

The tide has changed, it was nice being the helper, holding light, handing tools and supplies for a change.

BTW, he's starting to have issues filling his tank with the pump shutting off before full.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My son and I put in a set of Air Lift 1000's in his 2020 1500 a couple days ago. Install was pretty straightforward and took about two hours' time taking our time and BS-ing. He installed the valves as his license plate bolts.

The tide has changed, it was nice being the helper, holding light, handing tools and supplies for a change.

BTW, he's starting to have issues filling his tank with the pump shutting off before full.
I had this issue. For some reason, running it down really close to empty and letting it sit for awhile made it go away.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I started on rear heated seats, now its getting cold like to have them in back for my kids, I got them from leatherseats.com as I like to have a product tied to someone I can talk to if needed.
I love these projects but this is bigger than I thought, got the single seat done but the double one is not an easy disassemble. I took my time and documented all the clips and where they went.
About 4 hours to do single seat and 2 hours to get power from the fuse panel under center console, prediciting 6 hours for the double seat as there is a lot of fabric to clip back in View attachment 146424 View attachment 146425 View attachment 146426
I can attest, the backseat is a royal pain in the butt lol. In my opinion it was way easier putting it back together than it was removing it though so hopefully the same is true for you!

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
For some reason, running it down really close to empty and letting it sit for awhile made it go away.
I had these issues with my 17 and I believe that using a short nozzle or not being able to fully insert the nozzle causes the vent line to fill with fuel. Letting it sit for 3+ days allowed for this fuel to either drain out or evaporate.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

There is a TSB for fuel tank for that issue.

Users who are viewing this thread