5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! I really want the front camera, but can't decide if I want to stop there or attempt the 360.

esquare

Reaction score
Nice! I really want the front camera, but can't decide if I want to stop there or attempt the 360.
The install was relatively easy following the thread. As I understand it, the surround is more involved. Also, I spent less than $60, including the camera and connections (I already had the AlfaOBD) as opposed to how much the surround upgrade would be. I would like the 360 surround on my next truck though :)

Snowfox

Reaction score
Put a new battery (H8) and trickle charger in today. Very easy, but not entirely happy with where to put the charger. I would like to be able to access the plug without opening the hood, but I'm not sure that's feasible without more work. The battery wires and the plug cord aren't very long, and I don't think I can fit the plug through the Limited grill. I put it up through by the wiper for today, but that's gonna pack with snow and ice over the winter too. I'll live with opening the hood for now (sometimes only drive once a week) and revisit in the spring.

There was also a bunch of tiny seeds (and two mouse turds) in one of the cavities of the battery tray. I don't know how the hell a mouse got in there, but I might have to lose the battery blankie if that's what's attracting them.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put a new battery (H8) and trickle charger in today. Very easy, but not entirely happy with where to put the charger. I would like to be able to access the plug without opening the hood, but I'm not sure that's feasible without more work. The battery wires and the plug cord aren't very long, and I don't think I can fit the plug through the Limited grill. I put it up through by the wiper for today, but that's gonna pack with snow and ice over the winter too. I'll live with opening the hood for now (sometimes only drive once a week) and revisit in the spring.

There was also a bunch of tiny seeds (and two mouse turds) in one of the cavities of the battery tray. I don't know how the hell a mouse got in there, but I might have to lose the battery blankie if that's what's attracting them.

The rodents HATE peppermint oil. That’s been my best & most effective fix with the least amount of cost/labor.

Here’s a cool battery link I recently found out about on here:

Reaction score
Had a Readylift 1.5” leveling kit installed yesterday along with some HD Off-road 20”x10” satin black Canyon wheels with LT285/65R20 Nitto Recon Grapplers. Replace the chrome window surround with the black edition surrounds, and changed out badges to black. Almost where I want it. Revel links coming soon to bring the back up for true level. Had to do some fender well trimming to get rid of some rub at 90% full lock as well. 4D7AA4E7-831F-471D-99A4-752A9E618A07.jpeg E7A32DD4-0B48-4734-B74E-36ED1231A84F.jpeg

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed half my lift and wheels/tires. Wife said I can't leave it like this.

Attachments

• 20221210_154933.jpg
    20221210_154933.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 20221210_155341.jpg
    20221210_155341.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 20221210_140829.jpg
    20221210_140829.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 20221210_145013.jpg
    20221210_145013.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 20221210_154933.jpg
    20221210_154933.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 20221210_155341.jpg
    20221210_155341.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 138

RAMonkey

Reaction score
Got my RC 3.5 inch lift kit delivered today, I will install it tomorrow, and will post some photos after the installation.
I already bought a set of 35 inch Fuel Grippers A/T, hopefully there will be no rubbing, will see tomorrow 🤞🏻
Good luck and careful with the rubber boots. Don’t ask me how I know…

Unclepoot

Reaction score
Installed a new exhaust this morning....Borla Touring! Much louder than I was expecting but I LOVE it. Trucks should have come out of the factory this way. Beautiful tone from the Borla's and quiet enough so I wont **** off the neighborhood at 4:30 am.
Yeah!! I Love the sound of the Borla touring exhaust. Congrats!

Unclepoot

Reaction score
I followed the Front Camera Thread
Adding OEM Front Camera?

and added a front camera just under the A in the RAM on the grill and tied it to the Cargo Camera on the 12" Uconnect. I'm happy with how it came out except for not getting the darn thing centered under the "A".

Now I just want to figure out how to edit the text on the Cargo Camera Icon so it reads "Front Cam".
Nice! I’ve still got to do that. Camera has been sitting in the garage for months…

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Short version of the story: Added some downforce today because my RTT has been sitting at the shop for too long.
Long version of the story: I took off my roof top tent (RTT) back in August when I was parting out my 4Runner and left it sitting on a trailer at the shop. Now my friend wants to take the trailer so I have to put it on the Rebel even though it's nowhere near ready for that. Original plan was to paint it black and get the Rebel lifted, and install my bed power box before I put on the tent, but now gotta do those later.
I also need mounting brackets for the tent because I had to micky mouse some bracket together. It felt sturdy enough but I don't trust my own micky mouse work. Hopefully the brackets from BA Tents will work with mine.
And yes, it's sticking out a bit so... downforce!!!
thumbnail_IMG_2933.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2934.jpg thumbnail_AEF30834-6CF7-4E7E-9D46-48F7FA3D67D1.jpg

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Short version of the story: Added some downforce today because my RTT has been sitting at the shop for too long.
Long version of the story: I took off my roof top tent (RTT) back in August when I was parting out my 4Runner and left it sitting on a trailer at the shop. Now my friend wants to take the trailer so I have to put it on the Rebel even though it's nowhere near ready for that. Original plan was to paint it black and get the Rebel lifted, and install my bed power box before I put on the tent, but now gotta do those later.
I also need mounting brackets for the tent because I had to micky mouse some bracket together. It felt sturdy enough but I don't trust my own micky mouse work. Hopefully the brackets from BA Tents will work with mine.
And yes, it's sticking out a bit so... downforce!!!
View attachment 145709 View attachment 145710 View attachment 145711

I hate to break it to you, but an object with a flat bottom and a curved upper surface creates lift, not downforce.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but an object with a flat bottom and a curved upper surface creates lift, not downforce.
So this is partially correct of the Bernoulli Effect (horizontal flow through a fluid increases, the pressure decreases), it is not completely correct. In the case of sticking a flat bottom under a VW Beatle that has a very high low pressure zone over the hood of the vehicle yes. If you look at the under floor of a Lotus Elise or the Toyota/Subaru BRZ thing they both have "flat" under pans or most any Hill climb, Sportscar that races at a high level. Yes all of those have some type of Airfoil that corrects this on the top/lower front of the vehicle with an angle that creates higher pressure above the car than below but if the bottom pan was also creating the same amount of pressure you would effectively "crush" the car. If you look at an Aircraft wing they are all designed with some sort of angle of attack from the Z0 water line in order to generate lift (a long with deployable spoilers or other lift generating surfaces). The cheapest way to see if it is generating lift is to tuft the cab and make some simple Pitot tubes and measure air speed top and bottom. Just my humble opinion though.

LuvGun

Reaction score
The rodents HATE peppermint oil. That’s been my best & most effective fix with the least amount of cost/labor.

Here’s a cool battery link I recently found out about on here:
I've been using these peppermint pouches, they have tie straps. Keep one tethered near the battery.
pepp1.jpg

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The flap looking thing is for the passenger side airbag (I emailed this question to the company).

Of course, I didn't think of that.

One of the extra cost things we didn't ask for, made by offshore companies of questionable integrity, mandated by unelected officials for our own good on the theory of saving lives, which have actually been proven to kill and maim.

Got to have that...

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So this is partially correct of the Bernoulli Effect (horizontal flow through a fluid increases, the pressure decreases), it is not completely correct. In the case of sticking a flat bottom under a VW Beatle that has a very high low pressure zone over the hood of the vehicle yes. If you look at the under floor of a Lotus Elise or the Toyota/Subaru BRZ thing they both have "flat" under pans or most any Hill climb, Sportscar that races at a high level. Yes all of those have some type of Airfoil that corrects this on the top/lower front of the vehicle with an angle that creates higher pressure above the car than below but if the bottom pan was also creating the same amount of pressure you would effectively "crush" the car. If you look at an Aircraft wing they are all designed with some sort of angle of attack from the Z0 water line in order to generate lift (a long with deployable spoilers or other lift generating surfaces). The cheapest way to see if it is generating lift is to tuft the cab and make some simple Pitot tubes and measure air speed top and bottom. Just my humble opinion though.

Wow, okay. It's shaped like an airfoil. The cab is blocking most of the airflow under it, so the air flowing over it will be traveling at a higher velocity. The AOA looks to be neutral. Spoilers do not increase lift.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Of course, I didn't think of that.

One of the extra cost things we didn't ask for, made by offshore companies of questionable integrity, mandated by unelected officials for our own good on the theory of saving lives, which have actually been proven to kill and maim.

Got to have that...
They have also proven to save lives more often than not.

Users who are viewing this thread